The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

No-Spend September

Discussion in 'General Vaping Discussion' started by sixsix, Sep 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. sixsix

sixsix Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    I went a little overboard last month, so I'm going to try something that I haven't done since the day I started vaping.

30 days without spending any money on vape supplies. I'm calling it No-Spend September.

All stocked up on juice, plenty of Kanthal & SS, handful of batteries in my rotation. Should be good to go, right?

Wish me luck, ECF.

2. soba1

soba1 Ultra Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2013
    Van Nuys Ca., USA
    You should be ok, but of course u know we will be watching lol.
    Good luck.
    I will say this vaping if plan it, has given me more control over my funds..

3. tom_chang79

tom_chang79 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 4, 2013
    CA
    I find myself spending way too much on equipment and forgetting that the most component is the e juice... Without e juice, all I have are metal tubes, batteries, and some coils...

I'm thinking about buying another mod, but I think I'll save that money for tasty e juice...

Buying new e cig equipment is addictive though, more so than the nicotine it's supposed to be delivering! :)

4. sixsix

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    Good. Nobody sell me anything in the classifieds until October. Got it? Good.

:laugh:

5. sixsix

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    I hear ya. Juice can really make or break your vaping experience. A $300 device isn't much more than a paperweight if it's full of crappy juice.

6. Mike Sheda

Mike Sheda Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 6, 2013
    Tampa, FL
    I'd do that, but it's already too late... maybe I'll try it in October :)

7. sixsix

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    I *almost* called it off this morning, but decided to stick with it.

Had a whole bunch of DIY supplies in my cart and everything. They'll still be there in a month, though.
    Let's just hope that e-fluid legislation doesn't pass in the middle of September or something. lol

8. Susaz

Susaz Vaping Master ECF Veteran

I have a strict, 100 bucks, notonesinglepennymore strategy towards vaping. That's why I carefully monitor my spending, and once I ordered what I need it's a NO MORE policy. Still, since it's in my budget, even if I don't need anything I order what's in the budget. So I suggest, even if you have plenty, deduct what you overspent and make an order of the most obvious supplies. Disaster could strike and yet you'd have to spare. Don't underestimate fate.

9. Fusselkater

Fusselkater Full Member Verified Member

Apr 14, 2012
    Germany
    No-Spend September makes Double-Spend October so much more fun. :p

10. crxess

crxess Grumpy Ole Man Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2012
    Williamsport Md
    Guess I should join you. I went 3 months no spending then in Aug. I -
    Joined Kanger co-op - $30
    ordered from Fasttech $52
    ordered from Caterpillar Vapes $15
    Ebay for wick/wire $8

Out of all this I really only needed the wick/wire. Guess I'm still compulsive:(

11. Butters78

Butters78 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Good luck, I'm going for 6 months myself heh.

12. serenity21899

serenity21899 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 18, 2013
    Antioch IL
    Me too. Bought both online and my local vape shop already this month, all one day of it. :p

13. stevegmu

stevegmu Moved On ECF Veteran

I'm out. Couldn't pass up the Halo sale.

14. mommafish

mommafish Super Member ECF Veteran

Sep 1, 2012
    okc
    I set a $100 limit per month budget. if I find something over that I have to save up both months budget so far so good ive gone kinda crazy
    and spent about $130 but I got a new mod each month. Im saving most of this months budget cuz my son wants a mach mod for his birthday and I would like to get a few things to go with it like the charger and batteries lol.

15. UncleChimney

UncleChimney Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 31, 2010
    SE Pa
    You're on your own there six!

16. sixsix

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    I think it really hit home when I dropped $30 on two drip tips from Korea.

They're the most amazing drip tips I've ever used, so it was easy to justify, but they're still just little bits of plastic.

If I make it through this month alive, October is going to be awesome. I've had an idea about making a po' man's dripper tank for a while now. That's totally happening.

17. sixsix

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    I feel like the guy who only ate fast food for a month.

Two weeks from now, I'll probably be sitting here crying about some "must-have" piece of gear.

18. sixsix

Jul 2, 2013
    Arizona
    How far along are you??

19. SissySpike

SissySpike Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 1, 2012
    San Diego CA
    12258965_low.jpg

Im glad Im not close to any of you no buyers cause this is what the vapor gods have comin for you!

20. RlCH_VAP3S

RlCH_VAP3S Senior Member ECF Veteran

Aug 25, 2013
    United States
    Yeah I need to ease up to but there are so many shiny things and so much juice to try. I'm new to vaping about a month in so there is alot of juice to go through. Maybe i'll slow down though..............maybe next month.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.