• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Welcome North Texas Vapers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

theerick45

Verified Member
Aug 28, 2012
Dallas, Texas, United States
Hello all!

I'm new to this forum; however I've been vaping for some time now, I'm living in close proximity to White Rock Lake. 30/M really into rebuildables, at the moment I've been vaping on DFW's Twinkie and Mountain Oak Vapors Coffee and Cream, and just about anything Vaperev has in stock! I'm an educator an off for spring break this week, if anyone in the Dallas area is free and would like to get a drink and talk vape please let me know!

MASchlabach23

Aug 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Howdy, all!

Relatively new to vaping, newer to being able to say that I vape exclusively (yeah!), and very, very new to the confidence to tell others that I do so and that I do it proudly! Hope that all makes as much sense when read as it did in my head...

A Watauga resident, would really appreciate any suggestions for good brick and mortar locations with either quality e-liquids or a good selection of PVs and accessories that I can check out in person. Preferably without driving into Dallas. Seriously not a fan of the drivers to be found out that way...

I've hit the two locations closest to me, and while Mid-Cities Vapor has been really, really helpful during my transition, they're just a bit limited and I'm ready to get out there and explore. So any suggestions appreciated!

Really hoping this Texas Vapor Convention in January 2014 is legit. And doesn't get cancelled.

Thanks, and g'night!

MASchlabach23

Aug 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
@ghola - Thanks for the welcome!

To answer your question, maybe a little bit of both? Definitely looking for a brick and mortar with a good selection of PVs and such, if one exists. The two I've visited by my house, and two more out in Rockwall (by the parents)... Very limited, and pretty much just starter-type gear. I definitely understand the why, just not what I'm hoping to see. I just don't even know if any brick and mortars carry carto-tanks, high-end VV/VW, that kind of stuff. And as my chances to get out and about minus the kiddos is, sporadic and limited, not really wanting to just start hitting every dang store willy nilly. So... Suggestions?

Regarding juice quality, I'm not sure if my tastebuds just aren't working or what, but I have only found two flavors locally that have not been resigned to the cabinet. I've finally gotten in two orders from highly recommended online vendors, but as they need at least another week to steep... You see, I'm not sure if it's an issue of brick and mortar quality, particular store quality, or just me. So if one were recommended as having quality e-juices, and I just didn't find any that I loved, well then I know it's just a me-thing. :blink:

ETA: And totally not bashing Mid-Cities, or any of the locals I've had a chance to visit. Especially Mid-Cities, as they have been nothing but helpful since the beginning of my journey!

ghola1was

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2013
NV USA
As far as high-end PV equipment goes, I haven't seen anyone local carrying a decent selection. It would be nice to walk in and get some hands on time. Like you said, mostly starter kits and mid-level stuff. Seems like every few blocks on every main drag around here we've got a place we can walk into and get supplies. Texas Vapor map for DFW area is a sight to behold.

My new fave juice bar is Lucky Vapor on Rufe Snow, pretty decent menu of 60/40 that is blended in house. EC Vape on Watauga Rd. has juices "imported" from different suppliers (Vape Dudes, Rock and Roll, etc.), some of it is pretty tasty. Worth looking into.

I like Mid-Cities, but their juices are just sort of meh. Crazy the amount of PV stock they can cram into that little display case though. There is yet another vape shop opening near Browning an 377, curious to see what they will have to offer.

MASchlabach23

Aug 18, 2013
Fort Worth, TX
Wow! Thanks for the info!

Hopefully your "meh" means that it's not something wrong with me... Well at least, not with regards to this particular issue. Can't vouch for much else. I've been in Lucky Vapes, but never had time to sit down and sample. And I had no idea one had opened up off of Watauga Road, as I really don't ever travel that way. Will definitely give it a try tho, especially as Vape Dudes is one of the two online orders currently sitting.

So I guess I'll be seeing you in January at the Texas Vapor Convention, in the hopes that we can both get some hands-on time with some goodies!

Let me know if you happen to chance upon a brick and mortar with a great selection. And congrats on making the switch!

vaper62

Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Texas, United States
Hello, my name is R.C. (yeah, like the Cola, lol). Started vaping a couple of weeks ago and haven't picked up an analog since! 520 cigarettes avoided! Vaping is my new hobby, and in about 3 weeks I should have a brand spanking new Provari. (At least that's the plan. :))

I live in Seagoville and am retired from the City of Irving. Oh yes...and my new favorite flavor is a custom blend called "Holiday Coffee". Something like a Highlander Grog.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread