Not Gonna Buy Any More Premixed E-juice. EVER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyfive

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2010
WV
I like muflap's rant and I completely agree with him. For awhile, I was buying 2nd hand juice lots on the classifieds just to keep from getting burnt full price. If I get burnt on the classifieds, at least i'm only getting burnt at .25 cents/mil which is my limit when I buy from there. Now I diy and honestly, I'm not that good at it. Some of my stuff is ok and some of it has not nearly the flavor I want but I practice and am getting better.

Either way though...even if my DIY sucks, it's still better than buying full price juice from vendors who put out either bad or inconsistent products. Several times, I'd order a juice I like again only to find out they've changed their mix or botched up the order.

Mudflap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2010
Tyler, Texas
I like muflap's rant and I completely agree with him. For awhile, I was buying 2nd hand juice lots on the classifieds just to keep from getting burnt full price. If I get burnt on the classifieds, at least i'm only getting burnt at .25 cents/mil which is my limit when I buy from there. Now I diy and honestly, I'm not that good at it. Some of my stuff is ok and some of it has not nearly the flavor I want but I practice and am getting better.

Either way though...even if my DIY sucks, it's still better than buying full price juice from vendors who put out either bad or inconsistent products. Several times, I'd order a juice I like again only to find out they've changed their mix or botched up the order.

That's another beef of mine: Buying unwanted premixed juice on the classies. I would expect a decent discount when buying 2nd hand juice but most sellers want pretty close to what the vendors charge for their juice. I quit looking at the classies for deals on juice. They don't appear often at all and when they do, I usually miss out.

C'est la vie.

Big Hitter

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 21, 2010
Binghamton, NY
Ya, I wouldn't even consider buying juice of the classies ....... Just doesn't feel right :D

Honestly once I decided to stick with 3-4 flavors and give up on trying new stuff it got about 1000% cheaper for me. It didn't take me long to figure out that I hated 19 out of every 20 I tried !!

I figured I smoked 1 or 2 "flavor" cigs for all those years there is no reason I need 20 flavors to vape.

Right now I have more REOs than I do flavors of juice :D I just mix it up by running them with different attys or cartos or different voltage .... its like a whole different flavor sometimes.

Last edited:

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
well that settles it. I will try and make a juice I like. the cost/benefit analysis is weighing me in the DIY direction as well. I know I only like tobacco flavors, so this makes my search for good flavors veeeery simple. as far as I can tell I will only need about eight flavors, some EM, VG and PG, nic juice,sweetener, whatever this new "vape wizard" is, some vessels and syringes, and tobacco absolute. This could be fun... or a PITA! we shall see. I may be able to afford a VV reo now :D

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
well that settles it. I will try and make a juice I like. the cost/benefit analysis is weighing me in the DIY direction as well. I know I only like tobacco flavors, so this makes my search for good flavors veeeery simple. as far as I can tell I will only need about eight flavors, some EM, VG and PG, nic juice,sweetener, whatever this new "vape wizard" is, some vessels and syringes, and tobacco absolute. This could be fun... or a PITA! we shall see. I may be able to afford a VV reo now :D

Tobaccos truly are pretty simple and straight forward, I like to mix a couple together and have found it's pretty darned good, or I love a recipe in the Juice DIY section that claims to be a copy of Boba's Bounty, that has been truly the only juice I REALLY like from a vendor, I like my version even better! and it flows better, I do a 50/50 pg/vg.

I have also found adding a touch of a mint type or other flavors to a Dk-tab or Desert Ship, is really good! I make small 10 ml's until I get it right, my only downfall is I have yet to write anything down and recently realized I really have to to replicate a juice as my old memeory can suck sometimes.

moonsbabe

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 29, 2011
Texas
Well I think it has been about 5 or 6 months since I started DIY. I really only like orange flavors. Husband used to do only tobacco flavors. Now he has moved to apple and lime kinda stuff. And he really liked the red hots flavor. Gonna have to get more of that for him. I love the 'ejuice me up' calculator. All I have to do is save the recipe and then bring it back up for any flavor. I like to make 30ml bottles and then mix them in my Reo Mini bottle. So far my favorite has got to be anything orange mixed with about 7 drops of pecan in the Reo bottle. My mother loves the smell! She always tells me it makes her hungry! I get all my flavors from VaporRenu. I didn't care for their eliquid but the flavors rock for me!!

Just looking at my banner! Damn over 18,000 analogs! Nice job for me!! LOL!!!

Last edited:

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Damn flap, I was sitting here this morning thinking that I am about done with vaping. Finding juice that I like took long enough and cost a lot of coin. Now I am getting to the point that every dark juice l vape taste burnt and nasty after a while. So I thought I would get into DIY. Just went to look for some DIY info and seen your post. I'm with ya brother, I have too many people trying to get into my pockets as it is, it's time to start slapping hands and keeping my own money!

SammyT

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2011
Auburn, Alabama, USA
www.freighttrainmods.com
Tobaccos truly are pretty simple and straight forward, I like to mix a couple together and have found it's pretty darned good, or I love a recipe in the Juice DIY section that claims to be a copy of Boba's Bounty, that has been truly the only juice I REALLY like from a vendor, I like my version even better! and it flows better, I do a 50/50 pg/vg.

I have also found adding a touch of a mint type or other flavors to a Dk-tab or Desert Ship, is really good! I make small 10 ml's until I get it right, my only downfall is I have yet to write anything down and recently realized I really have to to replicate a juice as my old memeory can suck sometimes.
Can't find this recipe... for bobas, can you pm me, or just post it in the reo diy thread please? :)

Decidion

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2011
Washington State
Can't find this recipe... for bobas, can you pm me, or just post it in the reo diy thread please? :)

I've been curious about this "Bobas" as well. Is it tobacco based? Fruit? I'd like to try some, but I'm just tired of buying new flavors only to find I don't like them after 1ml and see how much I toss in the SHTF box.

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
You would be surprised at the vendors that will gladly spill their recipes. :) When I decided to go 100% VG & Organic I got ahold of the vendor that made my favorite menthol juice. I told him my situation, requested that he make it for me in 100% VG (even the flavoring) & having the flavoring be organic as well.

The owner of the company not only wrote me back, he wrote out the recipe to my favorite menthol juice so that I could make it "bmwjen style" 100% VG & Organic. Now THAT is customer service!!!

bmwjen

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
worldwide
vapehouston.com
That's another beef of mine: Buying unwanted premixed juice on the classies. I would expect a decent discount when buying 2nd hand juice but most sellers want pretty close to what the vendors charge for their juice. I quit looking at the classies for deals on juice. They don't appear often at all and when they do, I usually miss out.

C'est la vie.

I've sold juice on the classys........but in my opinion.........it should actually be GIVEN away for FREE. It sat in your house, you don't like it......have absolutely no use for it.........GIVE it away. (the majority of pre-mixed juice i had, I did give away in the PIF group)

mwa102464

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2009
Outside of the Philadelphia Burbs, NJ & Fla

I'd like to see your recipe for the Boba's too, could you please post it because nobody that I have ever seen has duplicated this to a T, I've had people tell me they have matched it and then cant provide details, others that provided details and it wasnt even close, be interested to see which you have or if its an exact match at all, let us know please and share what ya got.

Last edited:

Emris

Time Lord
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You would be surprised at the vendors that will gladly spill their recipes. :) When I decided to go 100% VG & Organic I got ahold of the vendor that made my favorite menthol juice. I told him my situation, requested that he make it for me in 100% VG (even the flavoring) & having the flavoring be organic as well.

The owner of the company not only wrote me back, he wrote out the recipe to my favorite menthol juice so that I could make it "bmwjen style" 100% VG & Organic. Now THAT is customer service!!!

This is what I am interested in. I am always looking for a good menthol juice, now that I will be making my own I will need recipes :)

karmakatie

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 8, 2011
MO
Here is the thread on the Recipe that got me going, http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...stered-gorilla-juice-bobas-bounty-recipt.html
What I do different is I use two tobacco flavorings TPA :DK-TAB and Desert SHip, and follow the rest of the recipe for the pther flavors keeping it 50/50 PG/VG, I do dilute my VG 15% with distilled water before adding to a recipe, I never have problems with carto or tanks feeding or it ruining crusting anything up :)

I have always been a bigtime cook and love recipes and changing them to suite me, so DIY juice has come pretty easy for me, after all it's just ingredients, although I am very careful when handling Nic juice :)

Edited to add:I tried this with 100% VG and it was not right at all!! Very bland

Last edited:

wongster360

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Washington
Don't you wish you had all the money back that you spent when you first started vaping...I've got boxes of crappy e-juice, I say to myself ....maybe when I get desperate.... but not sure I'll ever be "that desperate"

I had a box like that once and just sent it to the people at PIF. That way I didn't have to look at it anymore and it went to a good cause :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread