NOT Happy with the Leo!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

mmoss2

Jan 1, 2011
Chicago, Il
juice is 80%pg 20%vg. Cart has a McDonalds size straw in the bottom half, with 2 Vs notched into the bottom 1/3 of the straw. The top half of the cart is filled with blue foam trimmed very slightly larger than the cart so that it friction fits, but doesn't compress at all.

Thanks for the tip. I will give this a try. I need to get my hands on some new blue foam. Will update if it works.

runout_mick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2011
Alberta, Canada
After trying every setup possible over the last week, here is the setup that seems to be working:

juice is 80%pg 20%vg.
Cart has a McDonalds size straw in the bottom half, with 2 Vs notched into the bottom 1/3 of the straw. The top half of the cart is filled with blue foam trimmed very slightly larger than the cart so that it friction fits, but doesn't compress at all.

I've been chain-vaping on a single cart and atomizer (the one that I had the most trouble with) all day, and it's been keeping up. No leaks at all, not even a drop, and no sign of a burnt or dry taste until the cart is empty. When the cart tastes empty, it actually IS empty. I've been through 4 or 5 fills like this so far.

Hopefully this will help those that are pulling their hair out like I was. If the situation goes south, I will update.

And, of course, it's gone south. The first atomizer/cartridge combo is still working great, but when I used the same setup with the other 3, they all dumped their fluid. Identical pieces in all 4. The 3 leakers have all had their foams doubled. They are a bit dry for me this way, but alternating 2 they keep up ok.

It's kind of frustrating. I've cooked up a whole slew of new flavours that have worked out great, and would like to be able to run them without thinking about it. Oh well... back to the mad scientist's lab to continue trying to bring life to this monster. I'll get it eventually, I'm pretty sure I'm smarter than a couple of batteries and heating elements.

Not positive, but pretty sure.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
The Leo is my first e-cig, and I kind of jumped in with both feet. Like you I followed all the positive reviews. I got 2 leo royal kits for my girlfriend and myself (4 complete e-cigs). Out of the box I couldn't get 2 of them to keep up. They were either leaking uncontrollably, or so dry everything tasted burnt. I can't just flush this $, so I was bound and determined to make them work, and I think I may have it.

After trying every setup possible over the last week, here is the setup that seems to be working:

Juice is 80%pg 20%vg.
Cart has a McDonalds size straw in the bottom half, with 2 Vs notched into the bottom 1/3 of the straw. The top half of the cart is filled with blue foam trimmed very slightly larger than the cart so that it friction fits, but doesn't compress at all.

I've been chain-vaping on a single cart and atomizer (the one that I had the most trouble with) all day, and it's been keeping up. No leaks at all, not even a drop, and no sign of a burnt or dry taste until the cart is empty. When the cart tastes empty, it actually IS empty. I've been through 4 or 5 fills like this so far.

Hopefully this will help those that are pulling their hair out like I was. If the situation goes south, I will update.

I have tried this, many different ways. I have tried tight fitting foam lose fitting foam and just the right fit foam. I have tried it with blue foam and poly foam. None of the combinations seemed to work. One thing different from your experiance and mine is I do not mix my own liquid as it just makes too much of a hassle to carry when traveling out of the country. I used to mix but way to many items to carry with me. It is way easier to just purchase premixed liquids and fill and go. Glad this worked for you, but I could not get it to work myself.

TonsO>apoR

Feb 1, 2011
Texas
I have tried this, many different ways. I have tried tight fitting foam lose fitting foam and just the right fit foam. I have tried it with blue foam and poly foam. None of the combinations seemed to work. One thing different from your experiance and mine is I do not mix my own liquid as it just makes too much of a hassle to carry when traveling out of the country. I used to mix but way to many items to carry with me. It is way easier to just purchase premixed liquids and fill and go. Glad this worked for you, but I could not get it to work myself.

Sorry I did not read your lastpost before typing the previous message. Sorry it didn't work. But as I said it's like every time you find something that works, you change atty's and your back to the drawing board.

VeeDubb65

ECF Veteran
Sep 15, 2010
Monmouth, OR

This is VERY similar to what I do. I have straw filling about 2/3-3/4 of the cart, and polyfill on top of that. Seems to work well, although the small clump of polyfill tends to wear out pretty quick, so I may try your version.

rave

* Resident Wood Nymph *
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 20, 2009
Raven's Haven, Indiana
Interesting. Almost identical cart mod here. I also use a straw cut to about 7/8 the length of the cart filled with 75/25 PG/VG. On top of the straw is a single layer rectangle of blue foam. It works really well for two out of my three Leos. The black sheep just has a nasty burnt taste that won't be banished unless I drip.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread