NY and CT update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... must be brief... but here is a quick update...

As per NY:

Met with Legal aide for Steve Levy this week. Levy is the CoUNTY Executive for Suffolk and he is the one who needs to sign resolution 1347 to make it a law on Long Island that people under 19 can't buy PV's and that the devices can only be used in SMOKING areas and that vaping would be treated the SAME as smoking (using the device would be called smoking under the new law). After pages and pages of articles and explanations and the "cliff notes" cheat sheet that he could show to the county executive.. we explained that in short the law was unconstitutional and that it must be against the law to put vapers in smoking areas with NO evidence that they are harmful to user or bystanders just because it LOOKS like smoking. The aide seemed to understand and agree. We tactfully made it clear that anyone who encouraged and assisted in making this proposal a law would be publicly called a murdered in the media by our organization. I think he got the point. Hopefully he can properly convey our concerns to the County Executive.

As per CT:

After a # of emails back and forth with Attorney General Blumenthal's office they asked us for further information suggesting the safety of these devices. I sent it. I also asked if I could come and present it and suggested they have a chemist or Dr there for easy interpretation. After saying that in an email I stopped getting replies. They we started with phone calls. After being put off and hung up on and then transferred 8 times in the same call and having our calls avoided and leaving a number of calls between myself and dumwaldo... we received a return call (finally) stating that their office was "making their decisions based upon the FDA's recommendations" or some such crap. I asked if anyone had read the FDA "preliminary report" or even looked at it. I was told that was not this persons "department" and he was instructed to tell me that they did not wish to meet with our organization. I was going to contact a chemist and a Dr (Maybe Dr. Siegel or Whelen would like to join me?) and try again to get an appointment. I asked if the guy was willing to go on public record that the office did not care to see evidence of the safety of the device and that they were willing to take the word of the FDA over evidence and he said I could email the office for a statement (the same office that stopped responding to me by email).

I am taking some time off from campaigning for mental health break and finacial recoupe... but will be back on the job soon...

eric

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
I'm so proud of you, Spikey. You're the sort of American the forefathers hoped would inherit this country. If you ever come down to Dallas, TX (fat chance) we'll be sure to put together a little vaper get together and I'll buy you a night of drinks.

Keep up the good work, and if you need anything, feel free to ask.

Well... must be brief... but here is a quick update...

just because it LOOKS like smoking.
Sugar, Nutrisweet, Splenda, Sweet & Low = all the same ain't it? (duh)
that they were willing to take the word of the FDA over evidence
Hey we're good friends, what can I say? Uncle PHILLIP and brother MORRIS buy donuts for our annual Christmas party

I am taking some time off from campaigning for mental health break and finacial recoupe... but will be back on the job soon...
Kick back, you deserve it! Thank you for all you do. Upstate is watching you actions against the "machine". Soon it will be our turn and we best be prepared. Looking into putting together a Central NY coalition for local community support. Spikey mentor.

twowings

ECF Veteran
Hi!
I'm here in Oregon, too. Kroger will be running for Governor either the next time or the one after, whenever Kulongoski is done. EVERYTHING he does is with that in mind, so keep that in mind in all discussions with his office and conversing w/Tony Green.

In regards to Suffolk Co., did you send them the letter from the American Association of Public Health Physicians written to the FDA dated 29 AUG 2009? Plus, if you write directly to director Dr. Joel Nitzkin he is very prompt with writing back and was willing to answer additional questions or supply additional documentation.

I have not yet read all of the threads on this subject board so please forgive me if I am going over something you have already covered. I am just very, very tired of loosing more and more rights in this nation of "freedom" and "liberty".

lowwkeyy

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 25, 2009
TX USA
dfwvapor.com
has anyone tried setting fire to there cars, kidnapping , cut off a horse head and tuck it in bed w them, photographs of them with there girlfriends/boyfriends, or payoffs ?

really what the hell do you think talking is going to do

There must be a positive or negitive effect on there name ,lifestyle or income. without the power to create a personal impact you might as well fart on a snare drum

**</rant>

src97

ECF Veteran
Jul 20, 2009
NE of USA
has anyone tried setting fire to there cars, kidnapping , cut off a horse head and tuck it in bed w them, photographs of them with there girlfriends/boyfriends, or payoffs ?

really what the hell do you think talking is going to do

There must be a positive or negitive effect on there name ,lifestyle or income. without the power to create a personal impact you might as well fart on a snare drum

**</rant>
im not aware of anyone here on the forums taking the homicidal maniac approach but you can give it a shot and let us know how it goes for you.

WILDJC

ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2009
New York
Spikey,

Today a gentleman knocked on my door. His name is Tom Cilmi and he is running for Suffolk County Legislator. He of course was campaigning for my vote, so I asked him his position on electronic cigarettes and the recent ruling here in Suffolk County. He is a strong advocate for electronic cigarettes and agrees with me on the biased FDA position which has alarmed many of the state governments. So I said, "Tom, take our cause to Steve Levy and I might consider voting for you on November 3rd." LOL

Anyway, I got his ear and if he is a man of his word, perhaps we will have an inside track to Mr. Levy. "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Keep up the good work!

eplanet

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Spikey,

Today a gentleman knocked on my door. His name is Tom Cilmi and he is running for Suffolk County Legislator. He of course was campaigning for my vote, so I asked him his position on electronic cigarettes and the recent ruling here in Suffolk County. He is a strong advocate for electronic cigarettes and agrees with me on the biased FDA position which has alarmed many of the state governments. So I said, "Tom, take our cause to Steve Levy and I might consider voting for you on November 3rd." LOL

Anyway, I got his ear and if he is a man of his word, perhaps we will have an inside track to Mr. Levy. "One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind."

Keep up the good work!
wild,

thats great...i wish you had it on video...

Applejackson

ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2009
Albany, NY
Hey, thanks for all the effort. I'm not about to start full-on campaigning as it's just not in my nature, but being that I'm in Albany if there's some little way I can help out let me know via PM. I'd certainly be willing to help design flyers/posters (it's kinda what I do) and spread them around the capital. Just give me a list of all the information you think would be best to have included.

Mighty Cowphin

ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2009
Oregon Coast
I have written and called good ol' Kulongoski, got a form letter in return and got to leave a message for him...ha... I am working right now on the AG because he is the one that has been *itching the loudest here in Oregon... I hope I can get a meeting with some big wigs here in the state... I hate that I have no one that I know of in power out here... it truly sucks... If I were in Colorado at least I would have a few powerful friends... oh well... We have to start somewhere after all... and I know several people in Portland are Vaping so we should have support if we have to raise much of a stink.... Any help of which articles are best and such would be very good... I have the NZ report and a few odds and ends from our favorite doctor Michael Siegel, but in my view more is better... I dont want to give them more than they will read... but I do want to show them we have more than they can imagine...

Anyway... any help would be helpful!!!

Hi!
I'm here in Oregon, too. Kroger will be running for Governor either the next time or the one after, whenever Kulongoski is done. EVERYTHING he does is with that in mind, so keep that in mind in all discussions with his office and conversing w/Tony Green.

In regards to Suffolk Co., did you send them the letter from the American Association of Public Health Physicians written to the FDA dated 29 AUG 2009? Plus, if you write directly to director Dr. Joel Nitzkin he is very prompt with writing back and was willing to answer additional questions or supply additional documentation.

I have not yet read all of the threads on this subject board so please forgive me if I am going over something you have already covered. I am just very, very tired of loosing more and more rights in this nation of "freedom" and "liberty".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread