Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY

Bless you! :toast:

I love these tanks, but it's the little stuff like this which kills you. And it isn't even because of the price point. I've seen plenty of more expensive high end tanks have the same issues.

Off to find some high quality grubs that'll stand up over time.

johnnyelevator

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2011
long beach, ca
Hey guys! I actually just picked this up. After over 2 years of vaping its my first RTA. I'm not good with building so I was just gonna use the 2 coils it came with but my oversized snips and inexperienced hands cut the lead on one. So I just threw in the 2 twisted kanthal that came with the limitless. Ohms out to .3 about 70 watts and the flavor is beautiful. Any places you all could recommend for good pre-wrapped coils for this thing? And where you all getting the nano?
Twistedcoils

Affordable builds using quality wires from lighting vapes. He makes ss builds if you want to run tc.
He used to sell on ebay but got shut down due to ebay's anti Vaping policy. So now he's giving a bunch of discounts to rebuild his business.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
There's also Dan from @B_D_Builders. Still has stuff up on eBay, and also does custom to your specs at a really good price, as well as being incredibly nice to deal with. Nice for me as I prefer all my builds in 316L, and anything more than a simple Clapton is a real reach for me without swivels (tried, can't do it). One day.......

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
anything more than a simple Clapton is a real reach for me without swivels (tried, can't do it). One day....
Here's my $12 DIY claptoning jig.

Picture hanging hook for drill and lightweight aluminum 1/4" flat head machine screw which rides in a bearing
IMG_20170211_190247_368-1.jpg

Bearing epoxied into support block
IMG_20170211_190340_007-1.jpg

Support block built with pocket screws
IMG_20170211_190403_682-1.jpg

Rubber pad on bottom of support block to eliminate slippage when clamped to work surface
IMG_20170211_190434_709-2.jpg

Btsmokincat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 10, 2013
Waterville ME
Sweet, I love it! Couldn't you just straighten out that paperclip and attach a drill to it to speed things up?
Yeah I could but I like the control of hand cranking. I can spin up about 12 inches in 20 minutes. There are a few "drills" specifically made for claptons that take an 18650. I might pick up one of those some day.

Sent from my SCH-R970 using Tapatalk

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've got to get my act together and just build it out. I have the drill, clamps are no issue, and it's not like swivels are expensive. @Btsmokincat that dowel for the wire spool to feed off of is a great idea. something else to consider if I want something a bit more fancy as holding the wrap can get a little annoying on long runs.

TVC70

ECF Veteran
Oct 4, 2011
AZ, USA
Is that the original Engine or Nano?
Anyone know both grub sizes?

The original. The Nano screws are larger.

edit: Okay, the Nano screws are M3x3. Also, in case there's any question, the thread pitch on the 2.5mm screws for the regular Engine is .45, and the pitch for the 3mm is .50.

Last edited:

ShowerHead

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2014
Massachusetts
Having trouble finding the M2.5X3 with a flat end. They all seem to have cup points, which I'm not overjoyed with (even McMaster, which as a surprise to me). I know they'll grab, I just hate cutting a leg with the edge of the cup.

I'm finding the same with both the M2.5 and M3.

Reactions: Eskie

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Having trouble finding the M2.5X3 with a flat end. They all seem to have cup points, which I'm not overjoyed with (even McMaster, which as a surprise to me). I know they'll grab, I just hate cutting a leg with the edge of the cup.

I'm finding the same with both the M2.5 and M3.

I needed some a while back and couldn't find them either. I just bought cup points and sanded the tips flatter. I used an allen wrench to hold them while sanding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread