Status
Not open for further replies.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I was thinking that after I posted it, if its thinner than its more delicate. Odysseus is NOT delicate. Thats why to ME, its much better than Ithaka. Sorry Imeo. Odysseus is the Amercan muscle car combined with efficient durability Mercedes, of atomizers, THe Ithaka is the "Jaguar" . Those who have owned a classic pre 80s Jaguar( when Jaguars were JAGUARS) know what I mean.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
thats exactly how I wanted to build it ana, you are inside my head!
Just dont change it, build it again, and keep it true Odysseus......... If you do change it the ONLY thing that would be a good change would be to make the tank parts slightly thinner to maximize liquid capacity, BUT please make the parts compatable with V2 Ody so we who have it can keep getting our beloved parts......

Oh and one more thing, some small understated wings, NO serial numbers or big "GG" initials, just the elegant small wings.

Okay, I know Im pushing my luck now:)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
no worries aal. I will still keep fat edges. That way it cant be damaged. What we concern on thin walls are their edges, not the rest of the body:)
Thinning the walls I don't like in my opinion. I like Ody because it's thick and indestructible. :)

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Thanks Imeo, you can see Im passionate when It comes to Odysseus. I have invested a lot on it, and hope to have it in my hands when I die. What I love is its " tank " build, I mean a combat tank. I left my MOD one day in its holder, forgot to lock it and it fired for at LEAST 45 mins. The whole thing was HOT. Now I dont know if its because the tank was full or that I make my builds at only 1.0 but nothing was damaged. Because the Ody has no plastic except for the little black washer and my MOD has NO PLASTIC/ Delrin etc it also did not get damaged. I did have to change a couple o-rings and I tossed the battery just in case.

I dont like plastic parts and that is what I look into when I make my decision on devices.

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
no worries aal. I will still keep fat edges. That way it cant be damaged. What we concern on thin walls are their edges, not the rest of the body:)

I like it because its heavy too but I can see people preferring more juice :D whatever you do i'm sure it will be great.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
For some reason the Ody attys become my reference taster of juices.
Only after using the juice on Ody I decide if it goes
on new update or stay in Ody or on Ithaka ceramic atty.

For me the Ithaka is the the tank with the correct capacity of juice,
so all my Ody's tank are extended with Ithaka upper tank part to be close in capasity.

So basically I have one GG fat tank with the same juice capacity that can take all 3 GG fat atty rebuildable,
If using the correct GGTS base,with to without the basic feeding.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
I like the thickness of the tank, we would lose durability going thinner, maybe just make it a slightly longer tank & mouthpiece to fit another 1/2 ml to 1 ml or so. I can't use the poly tank extensions because I will break them. Somewhere between the original oddy and Ithaca. Or just leave it as is, it takes me Less than 30 sec to fill it.

The durability, performance, and saftey is great. My initial choice to get it was based on juice control, stainless, and mainly the fact that my small children can not get it open or break it. Occasionally my 3 year old son ends up with it and throws my mod across the room or down the stairs.. Or I find him using it like a hammer! :) The oddy is unscathed by this abuse. I don't have to worry about him taking it apart or breaking it open and getting juice on himself. So the saftey of it is a big factor as well.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
all mods have plastics inside ana. The only mod that will not have any plastic (if you like it that way) is only esterigon
Thanks Imeo, you can see Im passionate when It comes to Odysseus. I have invested a lot on it, and hope to have it in my hands when I die. What I love is its " tank " build, I mean a combat tank. I left my MOD one day in its holder, forgot to lock it and it fired for at LEAST 45 mins. The whole thing was HOT. Now I dont know if its because the tank was full or that I make my builds at only 1.0 but nothing was damaged. Because the Ody has no plastic except for the little black washer and my MOD has NO PLASTIC/ Delrin etc it also did not get damaged. I did have to change a couple o-rings and I tossed the battery just in case.

I dont like plastic parts and that is what I look into when I make my decision on devices.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
Sorry, Imeo but my ELA has no plastic anywhere, except 3 orings to cushion the battery and around the adjustable center pin to keep juice from leaking into the battery compartment. Just saying......

OH, and I thought of something that might be good for the Ody, when I use the Ithaka mouthpiece on the Odys, I get at least 1ml more juice capacity compared the original mouthpiece. Now I know that some out there love the original Ody mouthpiece because of the diameter of it produces more vapor so , if there is a way to allow more room for juice by modifying the mouthpiece.......

Now I know some had problems with the Penelope mouthpiece being too thin and breaking, so somewhere a happy medium?

Another thing, I think the added capacity comes from the fact that the base of the mouthpiece is not knurled so that probably is the reason that it gives more capacity. The thickness needed to knurl it gives one just that bit more room.

Last edited:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
if ela doesnt have any plastics is maybe because it uses GG technology where 2 o-rings are around the center post my dear. So if someone copies GG series then of course his e-cig will not have plastics.

Anyway, the knurling doesnt add any space. As for Ithaka mouthpiece, its thinner, thats why when you use it on Ody you have more capacity. And it has nothing to do with vapor because its thinner only outside.

penelope mouthpiece doesnt brake. It get damaged on its edges when you put your drip tips on it

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
One month since the last post , so I thought Id share something new Ive tired with Ody. I ve heard a few people post regarding cotton as wick material in Odysseus but was always skeptical. I have been using silica since I started using Ody for over a year, maybe year and a half?

ANyway, Ive tried cotton on other atomizers and always got an odd taste. Tried 100% cotton for candles, tried cotton balls, and Q-tips etc. Only other one I used was cotton surgical gauze, worked fine, neutral taste but not very good for use in something like Odysseus or Penelope. SOmeone sent me some Ken Gen Do Organic cotton pads. They come in flat , almost felt like pad that you part in half and then cut to size. I was very skeptical, tried it on one of my drippers and it was surprisingly good. IT was smooth and very neutral.

I finally decided to try it out on my Ody. I cut a strip aprx 2mm wide along the length of the square pad, cut it to appropriate length and the bit left I used for the little topper as usual for Ody. I used a needle to keep it steady and to assure I dont get the wrap too tight. I build my atty, added juice to prime. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice smooth taste, wicks amazingly good. I was chain vaping like a smoke hound for 24 hours. No leaks over night, I was able to get 4 , 4ml refills and when I removed the wick I found hardly any trace of the build up I usually get after a tank of flavours other than my clean peppermint. When I use the usualy light flavours after a tank I get build up and the taste changes. I probably could have gone a 5th tank. There was not singed areas ( I build at 1.0 ohms , your results may vary , especially if you like even lower resistances)

I get larger clouds, no dryness , even when chain vaping for minutes at a time.

Just thought I'd share. Im very hesitant to try new things. Im an old dog, so if I decide to try a new trick , it had better have impressive results.

Itshak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Israel
One month since the last post , so I thought Id share something new Ive tired with Ody. I ve heard a few people post regarding cotton as wick material in Odysseus but was always skeptical. I have been using silica since I started using Ody for over a year, maybe year and a half?

ANyway, Ive tried cotton on other atomizers and always got an odd taste. Tried 100% cotton for candles, tried cotton balls, and Q-tips etc. Only other one I used was cotton surgical gauze, worked fine, neutral taste but not very good for use in something like Odysseus or Penelope. SOmeone sent me some Ken Gen Do Organic cotton pads. They come in flat , almost felt like pad that you part in half and then cut to size. I was very skeptical, tried it on one of my drippers and it was surprisingly good. IT was smooth and very neutral.

I finally decided to try it out on my Ody. I cut a strip aprx 2mm wide along the length of the square pad, cut it to appropriate length and the bit left I used for the little topper as usual for Ody. I used a needle to keep it steady and to assure I dont get the wrap too tight. I build my atty, added juice to prime. I was pleasantly surprised. Nice smooth taste, wicks amazingly good. I was chain vaping like a smoke hound for 24 hours. No leaks over night, I was able to get 4 , 4ml refills and when I removed the wick I found hardly any trace of the build up I usually get after a tank of flavours other than my clean peppermint. When I use the usualy light flavours after a tank I get build up and the taste changes. I probably could have gone a 5th tank. There was not singed areas ( I build at 1.0 ohms , your results may vary , especially if you like even lower resistances)

Just thought I'd share. Im very hesitant to try new things. Im an old dog, so if I decide to try a new trick , it had better have impressive results.

Welcome to the GG cotton club ana,I'm glad it workout for you,
Because when it finely does….well you know now.
I build all 3 fat GG atty like so allways,and they work the best.

Ody rebuildable part is the leading in FL and TH.
Bobas bounty taste the best on it!

Ithaka V1 close after with better wick and almost the same,so it my choice for hige VG.

Ithaka V2 more vapor and better airflow,but mellow a bit on the flavor,
I choose that one for juice with real in your face flavor and strong TH,it mellow it perfactly.

thanks for share.

Last edited:

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto

It's good to see koh gen do reaching GG world. If I knew you were trying cotton I would have suggested it. For me in greece I cannot get it. But i got Unbleached MUJI cotton supposedly the same quality. Also some people are using Shiseido cotton. Anyway stick to KGD and your life will be happier :D

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
I was wondering, since so many have been using cotton on their GG atomizers, do you all do the little top piece of wick/ or topper as on the traditional builds? I was wondering if it was necessary with cotton builds. I will upload a pict using my phone so you can see what they look like.

I basically pre wind my coil on a thick syringe and then thread the cotton in, then I have to work in the second wick, not hard to do, but takes a bit of wiggling it in.

odybuild_zps3ec6e922.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread