Status
Not open for further replies.

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Hey Mopar, whats so special about this running at 4.5v over a LT running at 4.5v with lets say a single coil 2.5ohm carto at 4.5(this should be within the LT limits), as far as I know if you have the same voltage and not pushing over 2.5a it should vape the same(which you wont with a 2.5ohm carto on the lavatube at 4.5v)? Don't get me wrong here, I'm just trying to justify why I "need" to buy one lol........and I'm going to on Monday regardless of the answer hahaha!!:toast:

I don't know it's just different. Something to do with the programming and sending extra pulses or something it just kicks my .... Everything else is no good anymore. So people if you don't want to discard all your other pv's don't get one and you'll never know what your missing out on :) hat trick 3 posts in a row.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
Vancouver Island, BC Canada
www.youtube.com
Just noticed that when the remaining battery voltage drops below 4volts you will get a "Lo" indicator on the LED read out, also it will cut power to the carto momentarily in case you are not looking at the display, so you will know that it is time to change batteries.

EDIT: I was mistaken, I took another look and it was actually reading 6.6volts when it was giving me the Lo message....It was late and I had too much vape lol, pretty sure I mistakenly was looking at my voltage output DUH

Last edited:

ChellyNelly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Dartmouth, NS
Chelly - are these the ones? 510 XL CE3 Smokymizer Bottom Coil 5 Pack

They sound VERY interesting indeed. Much as I like my little V510's, it does get a tad tedious with the tipping sometimes. Would love something that vaped like a champ, produced the flavor I want and that I didn't have to tip to wet.

Those are the ones. They don't hold much, much like the V510, so I'm filling a lot. I'm trying to figure out how I could make a tank enclosure for them or something like that. They really do perform wonderfully, so long as you get the fill right. Putting that condom on the threads as far as it'll go before you pull the plug out is key to create a vacuum and ensure no leakage. That was the biggest complaint from people with these, that they just pour out the juice you put it. Glad I could figure it out, I feel smart! lol

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
Those are the ones. They don't hold much, much like the V510, so I'm filling a lot. I'm trying to figure out how I could make a tank enclosure for them or something like that. They really do perform wonderfully, so long as you get the fill right. Putting that condom on the threads as far as it'll go before you pull the plug out is key to create a vacuum and ensure no leakage. That was the biggest complaint from people with these, that they just pour out the juice you put it. Glad I could figure it out, I feel smart! lol

If you want to make it into a tank Eric (mindfield) did a video on how to make a ce2 extreme into a tank. You could use the same idea for the ce3

mopar

Forum Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 15, 2011
Toronto
www.canvape.com
Adam any timeline on having the v2 of the star dusts with the long wick? Will stop the tipping issues.

The manu's are so busy right now I'm having trouble giving them my money and lead times are crazy so I'm going to have to go back to a no promise when stuff is going to hit the sit. But if you vape the normal stardust like you wanted to like you first vaped horizontal like an analog they don't leak and won't ever get a dry hit.

Mindfield

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2010
Toronto, ON
Just noticed that when the remaining battery voltage drops below 4volts you will get a "Lo" indicator on the LED read out, also it will cut power to the carto momentarily in case you are not looking at the display, so you will know that it is time to change batteries.

Is that 4V under load? 'Cos that 2V per cell which sounds dangerously low for resting state voltage.

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
The manu's are so busy right now I'm having trouble giving them my money and lead times are crazy so I'm going to have to go back to a no promise when stuff is going to hit the sit. But if you vape the normal stardust like you wanted to like you first vaped horizontal like an analog they don't leak and won't ever get a dry hit.

Apparently the new longer wick SD's also have better plastic, promising less sensitivity to aggressive juices. I'm waiting for these too as thus far I've been avoiding buying citrus and cinnamon based flavours, which I'd really like to try.

I just don't know how our ecig vendors manage to stay sane with the technological pace of equipment these days. I'd imagine that just when you order 500 of something, it seems the next month a newer and better version is out.

Door is wide open here to comment on Mopar's level of sanity...hehe.

Spac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2011
Winnipeg
Think it should be 6v. Just watched pbusardo's review on the VMax. Looks like it's doing the same thing with the PWM as the EVO, but it's not represented well with the voltage setting on the unit. IE, you set it to 3v and it's more like a 4.2v vape. Can't catch the review on youtube due to issues with uploading longer videos right now, but he has it on his site.

Taste Your Juice | THE V-MAX BY SMOKTECH

Is that 4V under load? 'Cos that 2V per cell which sounds dangerously low for resting state voltage.

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
Think it should be 6v. Just watched pbusardo's review on the VMax. Looks like it's doing the same thing with the PWM as the EVO, but it's not represented well with the voltage setting on the unit. IE, you set it to 3v and it's more like a 4.2v vape. Can't catch the review on youtube due to issues with uploading longer videos right now, but he has it on his site.

Ok, so I looked again and the battery is actually reading 6.6 volts when throwing me the Lo.........I must have been half asleep and looking at my output voltage

EDIT: Just watching this video, and that would explain why I had to turn the voltage down right away from 4 to 3.5 to avoid burning.

Last edited:

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com

Ya I screwed up, was looking at the wrong thing, I put the batteries that I took out of it back in and I was reading 6.6 volts;)

Last edited:

Toronto_Mike

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Dec 2, 2011
Toronto, Canada

Spac - Are you able to watch PB's review? I just get an error with the player screen:

V-Max.jpg

therealcmac

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2011
www.youtube.com
Last edited:

Dusty_D

Original Guru
Senior Moderator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 22, 2010
Toronto, Canada
dustysfoodieadventures.blogspot.ca
I gotta say, I am really starting to love Phil's reviews. The technical details that he gets into are amazing, and it definitely shed some light on why most folks would be calling the Vmax a Vapor Beast at it's lowest setting. Peaks of as high as 8.5v at the 3v setting.. is a little scary, but it hits hard. So, throw convention to the wind and get the device because it does what it needs to do. Just don't go prattling off any numbers to any one, because they aren't right. :)

fuzzione

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 11, 2012
GTA Ontario
I gotta say, I am really starting to love Phil's reviews. The technical details that he gets into are amazing, and it definitely shed some light on why most folks would be calling the Vmax a Vapor Beast at it's lowest setting. Peaks of as high as 8.5v at the 3v setting.. is a little scary, but it hits hard. So, throw convention to the wind and get the device because it does what it needs to do. Just don't go prattling off any numbers to any one, because they aren't right. :)

The only number that really matters is that it goes to 11.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread