Status
Not open for further replies.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
OK, since yesterday was my first day to match my IQ (67), I really got da itch to order one of THESE to celebrate. Gotta luv a fillerless carto with adjustable joose flow/feed!

First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Iffy ... glad to hear your keeping up with the rest of us,..so you can stay on the thead :p

I like what your looking at, but I would have to buy their tank for it to work right.

Have you checked into the V2 Diver that Phiniac has in stock now.
They are saying you can use it on their tanks, and since I have 5 of them getting dusty, I would prefer not having to buy more tanks !
Phil did a review on the "Diver", NOT the "V2 Diver", and I'm wondering what improvements the V2 has.
I'm sure not into welding resistant to non resistant wires that the older version needs.
So, I was wondering if while window shopping, if you had checked into the V2's.
I need one that works with what I have already, not to be out buying more tanks !!

In any case, you have good taste, so go for it

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
First off, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Iffy ... glad to hear your keeping up with the rest of us,..so you can stay on the thead :p

Riiiight...
crutches.gif

... but I would have to buy their tank for it to work right.

I don't understand.

Have you checked into the V2 Diver that Phiniac has in stock now.

Noper, already committed to da Sophias. Don't know the diff twix the V1 & V2.

I'm sure not into welding resistant to non resistant wires that the older version needs.

Check out Myrany's FastTech LINK! At $3.25 per 100 pre-made NR-R-NR coils, that's a deal!

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Riiiight...
crutches.gif

Thanks for all the quick answers.
I've been doing some web crawling, and I did find out the Sophia will fit ALL tanks, so I could use them on my Phiniac's
Mine are all XL size, so I guess I would need the long thingy style,(the one that has a drip tip built in)
Still checking everything out.
The only problem I'm having is getting the sites to show me the prices is dollars.
I did find it on the "By Leo" site , but not on the 'House of Mods" yet

I'm thinking I need the extra longs style, extra ceramic cups, extra red silicone E rings, pre-made NR-R-NR coils, etc, so I can set up my Phiniac's ... mostly I need a bigger bank account.
There's no way I'll be setting up all of them at once.
That's not even counting my IBtank's
Wish I could just find an ADV and stick to one mod at a time.... oh ...forget it, that's boring

Anyway ... what did you get, did you get one of their tanks, or are you converting the tanks you already have ??
and what did shipping look like ???
See, I'm celebrating you birthday too ...but, I told hubby it was for mine (not far away)
Thanks again for the info.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
I did find it on the "By Leo" site , but not on the 'House of Mods" yet

I went to the ByLeo site due to the 10% discount code, XMAS1314, which expires Jan 7th.

... mostly I need a bigger bank account.

<snicker & evil laugh> If the Sophia is as good as been proffered, I foresee more of 'em in my 'stable'.

Anyway ... what did you get, did you get one of their tanks, or are you converting the tanks you already have ??
and what did shipping look like ???

Got two Sophias, three spare cups ($.99 ea) and a package of five silicone o-rings; all with free $hipping, besides the discount! I'll just convert (silicone o-ring) what tanks I have/need.

See, I'm celebrating you birthday too ...but, I told hubby it was for mine (not far away)

Order now, celebrate later!
icon_wink.gif

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Ken have so far the cheapest I have found replacement cups for is $1.95 each have you found any better deal?

Also have you seen $3.25 Pre-made Welded Wires - NR-R-NR (100-Pack) 100-pack - 0.18mm (33 AWG) / 1.8ohm at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping (they have them in other resistances too as well as precoiled)

my old man eyes and bad hand make me break 32awg too easily and i've given up on anything less than 30. i'm afraid i'd break 33 unless i held my breath...

awesome price, tho

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
Got two Sophias, three spare cups ($.99 ea) and a package of five silicone o-rings; all with free $hipping, besides the discount!
Order now, celebrate later!
icon_wink.gif

Ok ...didn't know about the discount.
That and the free shipping sold me.

Now as it happened, I did have a bit of explaining to do ... about how spending now will save in the long run
I would of gotten away with it if he had not wandered it, ...looked over my shoulder and asked "what's cha do'in :unsure:
He's as bad as a kid, .. he was suppose to be asleep, (he's always had ESP !)

Thanks for the info .. all's good here.
He got out of buying a birthday present ! ... He's happy.

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
my old man eyes and bad hand make me break 32awg too easily and i've given up on anything less than 30. i'm afraid i'd break 33 unless i held my breath...

awesome price, tho

So sorry to hear about your hand. :( I really do know how that goes. I have good days and bad days with mine myself. I just coil on good hands days.

I was more worried about connecting NR and R wire which is why I didn't snag a diver months ago. I do like my carto tanks on an ego or twist for driving. Always did bother me throwing out the cartos though.

Still loving my REOs though I will have you know:) They ARE my 99% of the time vape.

Just checked tracking and my Kayfun Lite Clone should arrive today. I am hoping it is as good as everyone says. If so I will be stalking a real one in a month or 2.

humpty

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
HK
"No Fuss, No Mess" did not always turn out simple. Early ecigs would break down more often than not.
The batteries depleted too soon, so in came the big battery mods.
It's only these days that the 'Tanks' (clearomizers) have solved the problem with cartridges.

A lot of the DIY stuff was done cos some of us knew it would be cheaper than the items online.
The point here is that a lot of the hype folks see is mainly smoke and mirrors.

Older folks only need to remember one thing. Heat+Liquid=Vapour. What we are holding is just a coil on a battery.
That's all, everything else is decoration.
I've bought many types of stuff but I always end up with a basic mechanical homemade box-mod. i.e A plastic box to
hold batteries, a switch and a socket for a standard 510 atty. Two drops of e-liquid and I'm ready to go.

Once u have a reliable mod, then for supplies, you just have to make sure have plenty of e-liquid and atties/or/tanks. (Just like
some of used to stock up with cartons of cigs).
And that's it. Vapour replaces smoke. There's really no excuse not to stay with vapour.

Last edited:

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
GUys I got a battery question for you all.

One of my 2 original EFest 18350s (about 8 months old). I charged it fully last week and stuck it in its plastic box. Went to stick it in my gripper this morning and nothing. So I took it out and used the DMM on it. .7 Volts Now I know that is stupid low for that battery. SO....

Is it safe to even try to charge it (Nitecore i4)?
What can cause a fully charged battery that is not in contact with anything to discharge like that in a week?

Myrany

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2013
Louisiana
"No Fuss, No Mess" did not always turn out simple. Early ecigs would break down more often than not.
The batteries depleted too soon, so in came the big battery mods.
It's only these days that the 'Tanks' (clearomizers) have solved the problem with cartridges.

A lot of the DIY stuff was done cos some of us knew it would be cheaper than the items online.
The point here is that a lot of the hype folks see is mainly smoke and mirrors.

Older folks only need to remember one thing. Heat+Liquid=Vapour. What we are holding is just a coil on a battery.
That's all, everything else is decoration.
I've bought many types of stuff but I always end up with a basic mechanical homemade box-mod. i.e A plastic box to
hold batteries, a switch and a socket for a standard 510 atty. Two drops of e-liquid and I'm ready to go.

Once u have a reliable mod, then for supplies, you just have to make sure have plenty of e-liquid and atties/or/tanks. (Just like
some of used to stock up with cartons of cigs).
And that's it. Vapour replaces smoke. There's really no excuse not to stay with vapour.

I wish I could make my own simple box mods but unfortunately I have an unholy fear of soldering irons LOL. I will stick to my simple mechs and rebuildable toppers. I already DIY. I have enough nic to last me years (because I rarely use any at this point). I DIY 95% of my juices.

Life is good. Not smoking is better. :)

Ken_A

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2013
Florida
To be fair... A lot of the hype is also "collector mania".
Having been a pipe smoker, I understand it.
I try to control it, but usually have the same success I did with pipes.
I now have two mods that I will use only occasionally, if at all. Just because I like the way they look.

Former cigarette smokers catch the mania and start to panic, because this is not something they have ever dealt with. They pass it off as trying to get the best and newest.
Just try to remember that if what you have works, then the ONLY reason to get something else is for personal collection value. That way, you can make your decision based on if you would be satisfied to have it just because. :)

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
For me, it was a question of trying enough different things to be comfortable with issues of reliability.

Easy to pop into nearly anywhere and get a pack of smokes. Not so easy for a vaper, as they may not have the flavor / strength I want, or the parts I need, or an already charged battery

Of course, I still don't go out without at least 2 full rigs, filled and fully charged. Either of which will probably get me through a day.

And yup, the BSS (bright shiny syndrome) is insidious! No, I didn't NEED that new mod...

I hear you, Ken. Ex pipe smoker as well as ex cig smoker, and my 45+ briars, meerschaums, clays and rosewoods are all gathering dust.

Slots

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2012
Eastern Wa.
One of my 2 original EFest 18350s (about 8 months old). I charged it fully last week and stuck it in its plastic box. Went to stick it in my gripper this morning and nothing. So I took it out and used the DMM on it. .7 Volts

This might be a weird answer, but having experience in this area ... did you check the charge on the battery before you put it away.
I don't , ... maybe it's seen it's last gasp, and didn't charge at all.
I would re-charge it, and then check it when it says it's done (just to see)
I don't know about you, but sometimes it can be something simple I never thought about checking, and I didn't catch it.
I just assumed !!

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY

One of my 2 original EFest 18350s (about 8 months old). I charged it fully last week and stuck it in its plastic box. Went to stick it in my gripper this morning and nothing. So I took it out and used the DMM on it. .7 Volts Now I know that is stupid low for that battery. SO....

What can cause a fully charged battery that is not in contact with anything to discharge like that in a week?

I would just get rid of the battery. Way too low IMO to trust it, especially since you don't know what caused it too get that low.

Since there "could" be a problem with the charger (not saying there is just playing it safe) I'd be checking the voltage before and after charging any batteries for a few days just to be sure everything is ok with it.

BacsiBob

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2012
Bethel, (SW) Ohio
www.theborkstore.com

I had 6 efest 18350 batteries used in rotation and they all started to go belly up about the same time. I think they were 10-11 months old. I've read that efests aren't considered the best IMRs with EH and AW being considered better. I bought some EH flat tops from Madvapes for $3.69 ea. The do seem to last longer than the efests did when new but relying on my memory is not the smartest move one could make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread