Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Unfortunately I have 26 and 28 GA, and my next order may very well be Titanium wire once I see that there is a good reliable mod with TC.

Ah, thanks thats good info!
I use 28g with my Kfuns. The coil will sit at an angle across the af when you get it mounted. Jut clip the legs as short as you can & be sure the coil & legs aren't touching the deck other than at the screws. Lift the coil about 2cm above the af & keep tightening the screws as you adjust & pulse the coil.

Last edited:

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
Dancing, Happy Birthday! :D

original.jpg

Fleas or no fleas, it's cozy under the porch. Just let Burt know you're crawling under here beforehand.

bear.jpg

Really, really glad rip is continuing to improve. He's discovered wet food? No going back now. We compromised with El Whacko. He gets 2/3 dry and 1/3 wet with a little water to help "coat" the dry with the wet when it's mixed up.

:cry: I'm sorry. My gear hasn't been working as well this trip as it usually does so can relate better to the frustration right now. Hope you get it fixed.

[emoji38] Love it! Will probably steal it.:sneaky:

:blink: Yeah, that looks so much easier than pushing a button.

My father insisted on driving us to the store today. It's the first time I've ever really stealth vaped. All the way to the store in the back seat and all the way home. I didn't bring strong enough nic for such an adventure. Foresee months to recover from this ordeal. :cry:
I stealth vaped in the same room as my mother for over a month before I told her I was vaping inside. My recliner sits about 4' or so from hers, side by side & a little behind her with a path between. So she couldn't see me if I was careful. But I was using Castle Long Reserve & she never noticed the smell either. I had a little fan to blow the vapor away. When I told her I was vaping inside she'd start coughing & choking, but only when she actually saw me doing it. Finally my sister came over & she told Mom that we'd both been doing it, she just hadn't seen us do it, & she was around people vaping in her house everytime she went over there & had never had a problem with her breathing there. So we basicly called her bluff & it hasn't been a problem since. Now, if I'm using a juice with a really strong scent I do go outside. It might taste good to me, but she shouldn't have to endure what smells bad to her. She's been really great about it since.
And I totally understand parents driving. Oh dear.

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
I don't know weather to laugh or cry at this Korean invention... Sometimes innovators can do more harm than good for an industry.

And now where did I put my Zippo? Not!

TC update:
The SS 304 coil I made yesterday is fantastic on my Presa TC40W mod, at 200 degrees F in titanium mode. It's still good if I move it to 210 degrees but tastes burnt at 220. I haven't been able to make it work as well on my Cloupor GT mod. The Cloupor has separately adjustable power and temperature settings but no titanium settings. The Presa has adjustable temperature settings and separate settings for nickel and titanium but does not have adjustable power in TC mode.

A lot of virgin territory in the world of TC. I'm diggin' it.

At the rate you're going w/ the 'new stuff' you'll be overtaking 2legs as our go to tech guru soon. :thumb:

^Post [HASHTAG]#15000[/HASHTAG] ^
Oh and happy belated Birthday DancingHeretik!

ruh - roh! This totally slipped my mind ... watch for a new front porch later today. No time this morning ... but I'll look into it this afternoon.

DancingHeretik

Dancing in the Chaos
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2011
San Antonio, TX
^Post [HASHTAG]#15000[/HASHTAG] ^
Oh and happy belated Birthday DancingHeretik!
Wow! How'd that happen?!
ruh - roh! This totally slipped my mind ... watch for a new front porch later today. No time this morning ... but I'll look into it this afternoon.
Thanks, Mike!

Robert Cromwell

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 16, 2015
elsewhere
Good question. And, would it destroy the power grid completely so that we could no longer charge our batteries anyway?

Is there even really such a thing as an EMP? Or, does it exist only in The Matrix?

I have no idea. But, it's still funny!
EMP as a stand alone weapon? I doubt it exists.
However EMP is a side effect of Nuclear bombs.
I do not think that batteries would be affected.
Mech mods with hand cranked generators to charge batteries.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Good question. And, would it destroy the power grid completely so that we could no longer charge our batteries anyway?

Is there even really such a thing as an EMP? Or, does it exist only in The Matrix?

I have no idea. But, it's still funny!
By my calculations-----We have a winner !!!!!!!!!!!! Iffin you will convo me your info I will get the Lemo on its way to you. Happy Birthday (again) a day late :banana:

MikeE3

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2011
Skippack, PA
Oops! I hadn't even noticed it was me. I was thinking disallowedword was announcing that that was the 15,000th post. So, it really DID sneak up on me.

Woohoo for Dancing! :banana:

And a thank you to mattiem for supplying the prize! :thumbs:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Woohoo for Dancing! :banana:

And a thank you to mattiem for supplying the prize! :thumbs:
You are all so very welcome. I love finding chances to give back for all I get from this wonderful group of folks :wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
I use 28g with my Kfuns. The coil will sit at an angle across the af when you get it mounted. Jut clip the legs as short as you can & be sure the coil & legs aren't touching the deck other than at the screws. Lift the coil about 2cm above the af & keep tightening the screws as you adjust & pulse the coil.

I'm in the 30 gauge camp, not liking the ramp up/down time. Yes, more chance of deforming the coil when wicking rayon, but I'm ok with that. (But I only set my coil about 2 mm up, since the chamber of the KF won't let me go 2 cm.... :facepalm: )

Leaving the mandrel in the coil while securing the ends, then gently tugging it back to the right position before taking it out makes it easy.

By my calculations-----We have a winner !!!!!!!!!!!! Iffin you will convo me your info I will get the Lemo on its way to you. Happy Birthday (again) a day late :banana:

Likewise for the baggie of rayon. Gotta have the right stuff to build that Lemo!

Kenna

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Texas, USA
I'm in the 30 gauge camp, not liking the ramp up/down time. Yes, more chance of deforming the coil when wicking rayon, but I'm ok with that. (But I only set my coil about 2 mm up, since the chamber of the KF won't let me go 2 cm.... :facepalm: )

Leaving the mandrel in the coil while securing the ends, then gently tugging it back to the right position before taking it out makes it easy.

Likewise for the baggie of rayon. Gotta have the right stuff to build that Lemo!
I find that the slower ramp up time, (2-3 seconds?), it seems I pull a little more juice into the wick, since I fire & start a direct to lung hit as soon as I get the dt to my mouth. The vapor & flavor start lite & build, & by the time I stop inhaling & start to exhale the flavor is fully there. Plus my coil doesn't get so hot it burns my juices. My coils are usually 1.5 @ 13 -14W & always 2.5mm. I don't like 30g because it gets too hot, too fast & burns my juice & gunks my coils even with lower watts.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast

Yepper, EMP is real!

Would electronics, ie: mods without batteries installed and loose batteries, still be usable after an EMP?

Any device with circuitry, powered or not, and within 'range' will be disabled. If a batt has an internal cutoff circuit, *poof*.

EMP as a stand alone weapon? I doubt it exists.
However EMP is a side effect of Nuclear bombs.

It wouldn't surprise me if we have an EMF system designed for disruption, as opposed to physical destruction.

thumbsup.gif
to DH and fer Matti...
smiley-gets-a-big-hug_zpsl4smnmvg.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread