OMG!!! He's changing the wicking all by himself!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
If he is so fussy, get him set up for mixing his own juices!! He probably will need to jump right in to Flavour art and Inawera.

Softball on two different leagues?? :2cool: Great way for him to avoid an occupational hazard.

He played ball in high school and college. His dream was to go pro, but a shoulder injury stopped him. He was really good. I've seen videos, and he can still hit a ball out of the park. It's funny watching him play now. He comes up to the plate, and the team playing the field all back up because they know the ball is going far. This is his real love, and cooking his second. I think I come in a distant third.... I kid. Sorta.

He is actually thinking of mixing his own. Figures he's a chef, he knows his flavors, he's really only doing side catering right now because of my work hours and the kids so he's got the time.... My jobs come with health, his rarely do unless he works for large halls and chains. Large halls and chains are kinda miserable places for creativity, even if he is the executive chef there. He's actually thinking of possibly going into juice making as a business. He wouldn't be the first chef making juice. Not entirely sure on where to start for his supplies though, so I appreciate your flavoring suggestions. Who has a good nicotine?

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
:thumb:

now if I can get my hubby to start rebuilding his...It took him a month to even want to learn to refill his ptmini...lol

It was always "hunny, I need a refill"... :facepalm:

The torch. Tell him he gets to play with a torch. Mine started changing his wicks, I think because I finally revealed to him that I have a torch for building coils. I haven't used it yet, as there's no butane in it. Gotta get some. I've been firing coils on mods to oxidize them and set them. Told him a couple days ago to get some butane for my torch, and I literally just found the torch on top the fridge, out of the packaging. I think he took it out to examine where the butane goes. Torch = manly fun.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
If you drive the car, you put gas in it and check the oil and water and the air in the tires.

If you vape ... you put juice in it and change the coils. Simple logic!

Unless you do all the cooking already, and have a partner who has made this their hobby. Except, he just found my torch. Once it's filled with butane, I think I'll get him building his own coils for that dripper. Fire. Fire good. Fire manly. He liked fire. He'll start a fire in the fire place in the middle of summer just because he wants to play with fire.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Unless you do all the cooking already, and have a partner who has made this their hobby. Except, he just found my torch. Once it's filled with butane, I think I'll get him building his own coils for that dripper. Fire. Fire good. Fire manly. He liked fire. He'll start a fire in the fire place in the middle of summer just because he wants to play with fire.

Get him a 510 ohm meter. That's high tech manly and it will give him a stable base for hands free coil rewinding.

20130920_202434_zpsbbc423bc.jpg

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
He wouldn't be the first chef making juice. Not entirely sure on where to start for his supplies though, so I appreciate your flavoring suggestions. Who has a good nicotine?
Since he is a foodie, he may be very particular. Inawera has a variety of bases that would make a foodie happy. I am happy with Wizard, but I use 3mg, so it really doesn't make much difference to me. Since dipping into Inawera, I am much less happy with TFA. Flavor West also has some flavors that are difficult to get elsewhere, like Ginger, Jasmine and Yogurt.

My daughter describes her BF as goofy. Looks like you have one, too.

Last edited:

realsis

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 8, 2014
California
Op, hi. I too make coils and juice for me and my hubby. I know what you mean about the assembly line..lol. my hubby is learning too. But the other day he went to rebuild the kayfun and I let him alone to do it. A little while later, it was apart on the kitchen counter..guess it didn't go too well for him. But I don't mind doing it. Really. I think it's fun to rebuild. I think he's having a harder time because he's not used to working with tiny things and his hands are big compared to mine. But I enjoyed your post because I can completely relate!

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
@tink: lol, I wish it would work like that... See the hubby is um well ah, not very mechanically person. He just watched as I tiled the floors in my house, did all the painting and some other home improvements. He is very good at demo though...lmao

I want tools for gifts, he wants computer parts.... :facepalm:

Mine isn't handy either, but likes to think he is and likes to try first before I take over save for the vaping stuff. He started vaping a bit unwillingly, since I quit smoking and started vaping. He never wanted to quit, and I didn't pressure him to, but I think he felt guilty smoking when I stopped. As a result, he requested his own ego, and then started stealing my upgrades as I moved on to better things. As a chef, he wants knives for gifts. I want computer parts. I'm more of a techie. The only reason I'm handy with other things is because my tiger dad, Chinese, engineer father demanded it. I couldn't drive my first car until I learned what he considered to be the basics. Not only change the tires and know when to have the oil and brake pads changed, but to do it MYSELF. When I smacked it up the first time, I had to help him repair it. When it was time to change the belts, I had to help with that too. There was no taking my car to a shop. The shop was my daggers garage, and even if I had the money for these things, my keys would have been his if I did not at least try to repair the issue myself. Of it could not be done at home, I absolutely had diagnose the issue myself and know exactly what was wrong before taking it anywhere. That last part I still thank him for today. I don't do car repairs on my own anymore, but shops have a really hard time ripping me off now. I'm 5 foot nothing and a size two. I work in an office and typically bring the car in in my skirt and heels. They initially see dollar signs when I come in, until I open my mouth. It's hilarious. Although I hated it as a teen, my kids are totally going through my fathers car ownership boot camp before driving. We also served as free labor when my father redid the house. It was always under construction. My father would start a new project and knock down a wall out of boredom. He's retired now, and it's ten times worse. His wife (my stepmother) is going insane...

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
The only reason I'm handy with other things is because my tiger dad, Chinese, engineer father demanded it. I couldn't drive my first car until I learned what he considered to be the basics. Not only change the tires and know when to have the oil and brake pads changed, but to do it MYSELF. When I smacked it up the first time, I had to help him repair it. When it was time to change the belts, I had to help with that too. There was no taking my car to a shop. ...... I don't do car repairs on my own anymore, but shops have a really hard time ripping me off now. I'm 5 foot nothing and a size two. I work in an office and typically bring the car in in my skirt and heels. They initially see dollar signs when I come in, until I open my mouth. It's hilarious.
Off topic. My mechanic is a mechanic's mechanic. He demands that I have an idea of what is wrong. I am the ex of a drag-racer, so a bit more knowledgeable. He selected the car I have now. I bought a code reader for it. He has no problem with reading codes for free, but it is convenient for me to read the code, call him, and ask him if it is important.

Gender role stereotypes gripe me. However, being single, I wick and coil and mix. Self-sufficiency rules.

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
Off topic. My mechanic is a mechanic's mechanic. He demands that I have an idea of what is wrong. I am the ex of a drag-racer, so a bit more knowledgeable. He selected the car I have now. I bought a code reader for it. He has no problem with reading codes for free, but it is convenient for me to read the code, call him, and ask him if it is important.

Gender role stereotypes gripe me. However, being single, I wick and coil and mix. Self-sufficiency rules.

Gender stereotypes really do suck. When I walked into the vape shop near me for the first time, once of the customers there was shocked that I knew what I was talking about. Thankfully the owner wasn't, or I likely wouldn't have been back. I apparently blew that customers mind though, talking batteries, sub-ohming, kanthal gauges, etc.... He was a college kid. You'd think that as each generation comes of age, they'd be more apt to believe a woman can do these things. Thankfully, they didn't try pushing me to the blinged out ego kits like another shop does to women when they walk in. The last shop I walked into on Staten Island insisted I wanted a vapoour couture starter kit, even as I was vaping an MVP in front of them.

CreepyLady

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 22, 2013
Salem, MA, USA
He played ball in high school and college. His dream was to go pro, but a shoulder injury stopped him. He was really good. I've seen videos, and he can still hit a ball out of the park. It's funny watching him play now. He comes up to the plate, and the team playing the field all back up because they know the ball is going far. This is his real love, and cooking his second. I think I come in a distant third.... I kid. Sorta.

He is actually thinking of mixing his own. Figures he's a chef, he knows his flavors, he's really only doing side catering right now because of my work hours and the kids so he's got the time.... My jobs come with health, his rarely do unless he works for large halls and chains. Large halls and chains are kinda miserable places for creativity, even if he is the executive chef there. He's actually thinking of possibly going into juice making as a business. He wouldn't be the first chef making juice. Not entirely sure on where to start for his supplies though, so I appreciate your flavoring suggestions. Who has a good nicotine?

Def FA and Inawera to duplicate the rich, oak barrel stuffs! And VapersTek is the best, cleanest nic for mixing :)

alisa1970

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2013
Portland, OR
He was a college kid. You'd think that as each generation comes of age, they'd be more apt to believe a woman can do these things.

No, no, no...in general (yes, another stereotype), the younger generation doesn't know how to be independent. Guys, maybe - girls? They expect everyone to do it for them, including making decisions. It was like that when I was young, but it didn't seem that prevalent. Our generation was raised with "a girl without a man is like a fish without a bicycle". Maybe it didn't serve us well looking back on it but I watch my 21 year old step daughter and it blows me away. She's super smart, but when it comes to actually being responsible? Her boyfriend handles that part. She isn't in school, has been through 4 jobs in 6 months, complains about working a whole 8 hours a day, 3 days a week. But she has great clothes, a place to live, and lots of time for a social life. :facepalm:

3mg Meniere

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2013
Tomah Wisconsin
Our generation was raised with "a girl without a man is like a fish without a bicycle".
I really regret having fallen to the ethic that all individuals must have a mate. A very bad counselor at a Catholic (!!) college helped that along.

Tinkie-- you got your solution to saving money. HE can do the juices. Just hope he doesn't go overboard in trying to concoct the perfect juice. :D

Tinkiegrrl

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
New York, NY
I really regret having fallen to the ethic that all individuals must have a mate. A very bad counselor at a Catholic (!!) college helped that along.

Tinkie-- you got your solution to saving money. HE can do the juices. Just hope he doesn't go overboard in trying to concoct the perfect juice. :D

I have a feeling we're going to need a lot of oak barrels.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread