One "Issue" w/Mods

Status
Not open for further replies.

hcour

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2012
SC
I have a ProVari and I love it, but one thing about it - vaping in public, sometimes people look at me like "WTH?!" For instance, the other day I was having a prescription filled at Walmart so I stepped outside to have vape while waiting, off to the side of the entrance to be as discreet as possible, and some people are kind of giving me sidelong glances as they walk by, including one guy with his young son, the guy glaring at me because I think he must have thought it was some kind of drug paraphernalia.

Now, this isn't a big deal, of course. I don't really care what people think, but I do feel somewhat self-conscious about it sometimes, in certain circumstances when in public.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
I would MUCH rather someone wonder what that shiny thing is, than use a cig-a-like and they think I am still smoking. Plus I could care less what they think. Actually I have found it to be a good conversation starter where I have the opportunity to help someone out who smokes or a loved one who smokes. Plus the less vaping looks like our old habit, the better for the vaping community in general.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
For the non-smokers, I've developed a range of answers...

For the curious, baffled type..."it's my medication, so I'm able to breath better"

For the intellectual type..."it's my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System"
(if they get it, their face turns red)

For the ANTZ types..."it's my medication to keep me from going postal"

And for Halloween..."it's secret potion to keep a vampire alive in the daylight"

For smokers, I give them more information than they often wanted to hear.... :laugh:

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
For the non-smokers, I've developed a range of answers...

For the curious, baffled type..."it's my medication, so I'm able to breath better"

For the intellectual type..."it's my Personal Electronic Nicotine Inhalation System"
(if they get it, their face turns red)

For the ANTZ types..."it's my medication to keep me from going postal"

And for Halloween..."it's secret potion to keep a vampire alive in the daylight"

For smokers, I give them more information than they often wanted to hear.... :laugh:

You forgot "For the Geeks... "It's my Sonic Screwdriver."

Jayvaps

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
South Florida
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: Drug reference

EvilZoe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
Savoir-Faire is everywhere!
  • Deleted by Caridwen
  • Reason: drug reference

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
  • Deleted by Caridwen

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
  • Deleted by Caridwen

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
  • Deleted by Caridwen

SissySpike

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
San Diego CA
Im not saying this applies in your case but lots of times we infer our thoughts in to other peoples looks. Back when I was you and a fairly confrontational person lots of time when Id get in someones face about a imagined injustice. The other person had no clue what I was talking about.

Our insecuritys can easily lead us to the wrong conclusion. You have years of ANTZ propaganda making you think your doing something wrong to over come.

skymyrka

ECF Veteran
Jun 13, 2013
nyc
That's funny! I think the longer you do it, you kind of develop 6th sense where you can openly vape and where not to out of courtesy...

My bigger "issue" is when a smoker tries to bum a cigarette and you have to explain that you smoke electronic ones and they give you a blank stare that quickly turns into "okay whatever" look as you sound like a sales person trying to explain what the heck is it you're really doing and why you don't have a spare for them and then watch them walk away knowing that they're thinking you're a weirdo.. true story. more than once.:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread