Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Not only got the recipe in my calculator, but just mixed me up 20ml with the BBJ only. Figured to give that a try first, then add a little marshmallow to see what tasted better to me. Shake and vape or give it some aging?

And under the heading of "everything else", I got my Lotta Latte and Lucky Shot in the 120ml bottles and picked up some twist top caps that fit those bottles for dispensing. Are the twist top caps OK for storing for up to a year or better to put the caps back on and flush out the twist tops? I know! How hard can it be to flush out a couple twist toppers????? o_O
Shake and vape for me. It just gets better over time.

The caps should be fine. I am still using the caps I first got ages ago. Storage won't hurt them.

:)

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
And the flavoring stay reasonably fresh?
Yes. I keep my larger bottles either in my refridge or the coldest place in my house. My 30ml bottles that I use daily are room temp. I use the larger bottles to replenish the 30ml ones. So far, I have not had any problems with the ejuice or the storage containers I use.

eta While I have had no problems with the twist tops, I prefer to use the closed caps that come with the flavors themselves. Just a personal choice.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
Got my Succulent Strawberry in today, mixed up a 10ml batch at 6mg/ml and 8%, will let it set for a couple of days and see what I think. :)
Well I couldn't wait :facepalm: Last night I emptied the pod I had in my Rock (had my strawberry mix in it) and filled it with the Succulent Strawberry, Dam that's Good. :) If it gets better with age, it will be awesome. The DW even said she could smell the strawberry and it smelled good. I think I could do a lower %, I'm going to mix another bottle and I am going to try 5% (or 6%) and see what it is like. This is a keeper. :D

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
The remaining 10mLs of the 30mL bottle of SS that I made 2 weeks ago, and have been vaping on and off...was still getting stronger to me as of last night. The "tart" part of it isn't pleasant to the inside of my lips, to my tongue, nor the roof of my mouth, and vaping it gave me an almost immediate headache (like I get when EA is in an eliquid). So I added another 10mLs of my plain 60VG/40PG mix to it, as well as 2 drops of TFA Smooth.

Have just been vaping some of it now, and I'm still getting that "lip stinging sensation", tongue & roof of my mouth sensitivity, and the headache. I'm wondering if it has some Sweet & Tart, Citric Acid, or something else in it, that my body just doesn't agree with. This is the second time I've diluted down the original 10% mix. What's even stranger is that when I first made it and vaped 2 tanks full in less than 3.5 hours...I didn't feel these things.

Has anyone else noticed this with theirs? I really like the taste of it, but...if I can't figure out how to make it more pleasant for me to vape, I'll have to stop using it. :(

Last edited:

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
The remaining 10mLs of the 30mL bottle of SS that I made 2 weeks ago, and have been vaping on and off...was still getting stronger to me as of last night. The "tart" part of it isn't pleasant to the inside of my lips, to my tongue, nor the roof of my mouth, and vaping it gave me an almost immediate headache (like I get when EA is in an eliquid). So I added another 10mLs of my plain 60VG/40PG mix to it, as well as 2 drops of TFA Smooth.

Have just been vaping some of it now, and I'm still getting that "lip stinging sensation", tongue & roof of my mouth sensitivity, and the headache. I'm wondering if it has some Sweet & Tart, Citric Acid, or something else in it, that my body just doesn't agree with. This is the second time I've diluted down the original 10% mix. What's even stranger is that when I first made it and vaped 2 tanks full in less than 3.5 hours...I didn't feel these things.

Has anyone else noticed this with theirs? I really like the taste of it, but...if I can't figure out how to make it more pleasant for me to vape, I'll have to stop using it. :(
JC,
I have used Sweet & Tart in other recipes and never had any type of stinging or anything like you are talking about. From what I understand Citric Acid in small amts are suppose to be non noticeable.
My s&s has actually toned down a smidge and I was just thinking that my next batch should have a little higher % in it. This is one for Kim, I believe. Maybe she can offer some insight as to how to fix the problem you are having?

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
This is one for Kim, I believe. Maybe she can offer some insight as to how to fix the problem you are having?

I talked with her about it when I first started getting the headache from vaping it. Thought maybe there was some EA in it, but not shown on the ingredients. She said nope...there wasn't. At that time I didn't have the "stinging" sensations with it yet. May give her a call later this week.

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Very interesting, I got up very late today because of Yesterday's festivities. I placed a few order's from Wizard and BCF, where I usually order from. Then I ordered the Arnold Palmer, Blueberry (because I am always looking for another one), and the Succulent Strawberry. About an hour after placing my order I got my tracking number. BCF is usually pretty quick, but not this fast. Wow! :)

KAS

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
Well for some reason USPS is supposed to be delivering my order 2 days before the expected delivery date. (Which is very weird) This is what I am thinking about mixing tonight. :)

(Trial) Strawberry pound Cake

7% Succulent Strawberry (One stop)
1% Pound Cake (Flavorah)
0.30% Frosting (Flavorah)

I have never used any of these flavors before so we shall see how this goes. The percentage's I used for the Flavorah, I saw some recipes that used them at that. I have not read here on ECF very much about Flavorah, but they are supposed to be very good. I would guess the this will have to steep for a few weeks, before I can try it. :unsure:

KAS

I changed my mind I did 7% strawberry.

Last edited:

IDJoel

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 20, 2015
Boise, ID
I have not read here on ECF very much about Flavorah, but they are supposed to be very good.
I have been unable to bring myself to pay their (FLV) asking price so far. Especially, when I have been able to find satisfactory (for me at least) alternatives, made by other manufacturers for ½ to ⅓ the price. I tend to boycott that kind of seeming self-important arrogance; unless there is proven "added value." Add to that, their various flavors (based on the reviews I have been able to read) seem to run from "outstanding - nothing like it," to "same-old, same-old," to " I've had better," and I just have had to pass.

I am interested to hear your thoughts once you have had a chance to evaluate your purchases (perhaps in a new/different thread; as I have yet again managed to run off-topic :facepalm:). :D

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I have been unable to bring myself to pay their (FLV) asking price so far. Especially, when I have been able to find satisfactory (for me at least) alternatives, made by other manufacturers for ½ to ⅓ the price. I tend to boycott that kind of seeming self-important arrogance; unless there is proven "added value." Add to that, their various flavors (based on the reviews I have been able to read) seem to run from "outstanding - nothing like it," to "same-old, same-old," to " I've had better," and I just have had to pass.

I am interested to hear your thoughts once you have had a chance to evaluate your purchases (perhaps in a new/different thread; as I have yet again managed to run off-topic :facepalm:). :D

I don't have very many, some are high priced, some of them more then others. They are very concentrated, even more than Flavor Art, so a little goes a very long way. The pound cake is one of the flavors that I am hopeful for, I really need a good cake flavor. :|

I am not sure when I will test this mix, I am anxious to try it. I think none of these flavors need a long steep time. :unsure:

KAS

dc99

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 17, 2014
earth
I think you will love the strawberry. It impressed me. There are certain flavors that FLV does really well. The pound cake and frosting are good, wild melon and cookie dough are a couple of FLV go too's. FW yellow cake is a good cake flavor to keep around. It goes well with the pound cake.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread