PayPal Stopping Payment Processing for Chinese Vape Product Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well...it looks like US buyers' chances to buy vaping products from Chinese vendors and pay with PP...is likely coming to an end. I was just browsing Heaven Gifts again and the following jumped out at me. They have none of the major CC options listed for payment either. Glad I got in an order earlier last week and it was shipped already.

I now wonder how long before other Chinese vape products vendors will post something similar. ;)

https://www.heavengifts.com/article/Suspension-paypal.html

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
It would be hard for them to do that to FT though. FT sells all kinds of things, not just vaping products. Not saying that they wouldn't try, though.

I would Hate to see FT remove the PP Option for Orders if any of the Order had an e-Cigarette related product in it.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    It would be hard for them to do that to FT though. FT sells all kinds of things, not just vaping products. Not saying that they wouldn't try, though.

They will suspend them all the same. If it were that easy, all vape vendors would have to do is start carrying a few SKUs of socks and underwear and everything would be "kosher". :)

As long as you sell even one high risk product, paypal will suspend you because paypal, as a 3rd party processor, is not allowed to collect payment for "high risk" transactions. The banks make these rules and paypal has to follow them or get out of business.

There are very few 3rd party processors out there that do take payment for high risk transactions, but they are very few and far between, cost a lot of money and usually special in certain transactions.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Seems like its not working at fasttech

Paypal broken!: FastTech Forums

That's a problem Fasttech has been having since mid 2019. They get those threads at leas once a week lol. Nothing to do with PP suspension.

There was a recent post on FT forum where someone had that problem and figured it out. I think all they had to do was restart their system and all worked fine. Computers and all that.

I just attempted checkout with no problem.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    Looks like PP no longer a option for FT.
    Screenshot_20200912-205145_Chrome.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Looks like PP no longer a option for FT. View attachment 907063

That's interesting the SKU you are trying to checkout is coil heads.

My cart has drip tips, 510 heat sinks, silicone tank rings, 510 connectors in it. No problem. No "Paypal Unavailable for [SKU HERE]" message and transaction was sent to Paypal as normal.

Last edited:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Is there the option at FT to buy a gift certificate?

Yes, this is how you have to buy Aspire products at FT so this may be a work around as long as their PP account isn't totally suspended.

ETA: That is IF they start blocking vape for paypal transaction.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread