PayPal Stopping Payment Processing for Chinese Vape Product Vendors

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
Well...it looks like US buyers' chances to buy vaping products from Chinese vendors and pay with PP...is likely coming to an end. I was just browsing Heaven Gifts again and the following jumped out at me. They have none of the major CC options listed for payment either. Glad I got in an order earlier last week and it was shipped already.

I now wonder how long before other Chinese vape products vendors will post something similar. ;)

https://www.heavengifts.com/article/Suspension-paypal.html

mikepetro

Vape Geek
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2013
Newport News, Virginia, United States
It's Not Too Early to make out your Christmas Wish List.

View attachment 907069
Made 2 of these back in 2016.

20160604_173855_zps3uce07wl.jpg

Redbird11

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2020
Missouri, USA
But I'm sure there must be an option to just buy a GC. I just haven't found it yet. Maybe I'll email FT and ask--that might be an option. But they may also ban using GC for vaping stuff, if they so choose. :facepalm: Oy...
Click on your account page. On the left hand side, under orders, there is a place to buy GC.
Screenshot 2020-09-12 215407.jpg

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
This Stinks!! We all wondered if this would possibly happen, but so soon?! Man, this is a heavy blow.

I just Feel Sad for the Majority of Vaper's who Don't Know what is Going On. Or what Might be Coming.

At least Most of Us here on the ECF have had some Warning. And a Chance to Stock Up before things start to go Pear Shaped.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Yes, I remember doing something like that, a long time ago, for Aspire products. I can't find an option to just purchase a gift certificate. But one can order a bunch of stuff, pay, and immediately cancel the order and choose a gift certificate as a form of refund.

But I'm sure there must be an option to just buy a GC. I just haven't found it yet. Maybe I'll email FT and ask--that might be an option. But they may also ban using GC for vaping stuff, if they so choose. :facepalm: Oy...

Go to FT.
Log-In
Mouse Over your User Name on the Header at the Top of any page.
From the Drop Down Menu select "Gift Certificates"
On the Left Hand Side choose "Buy Gift Certificate"

I would do a Small Amount 1st as a Test. Because I Don't think there is Any Way to get a Refund on a Gift Certificate.

JCinFLA

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2015
I just went to Health Cabin's website, and their PP logo is still showing as a payment option...at least for now. They've got Weekly Specials running, that get reduced in price by another 30% if you're a registered customer already and sign in. Then at Checkout you can use the code WSHC to get another 20% off. So they're still a Chinese vendor that's an option if you're not stocked up and want to use PP.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
I have been ordering Aspire BVC coils from FT for a few years now paying with PP, last order was a month ago. After reading here, I went to order some more, no problem, however since my order from last month the price of 4 packs went from $26.80 to 33.60, geez! Glad I have a considerable stock of them.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    OK, I bought a gift certificate and got my Aspire coils ordered. The trouble with GCs is that you have to buy them in certain dollar increments, and, like the dummy I am, didn't think to buy two separate ones. So I ended up buying a $50 one and had about $16 left over. I could've saved it, but I'm not very good at that, so another Taggerz got purchased, this time in graffiti. Since there was a small balance due, I had to do it in two separate transactions. That means 2 more FT packages I'm waiting on. I've lost count now of how many I have in the works, but the first one gets to me on Monday.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 16, 2010
    So-Cal
    It would be hard for them to do that to FT though. FT sells all kinds of things, not just vaping products. Not saying that they wouldn't try, though.

I would Hate to see FT remove the PP Option for Orders if any of the Order had an e-Cigarette related product in it.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread