Status
Not open for further replies.

ValHeli

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2013
Baghdad
It's so vulcan cool to learn that my mod is #13. My and my dad's birthday is / was september 13th and my first born is September 14th. Yes we were in the hospital on the 13th but he came into my life after midnight.

And it's also cool to learn that ummm is acacia - back when I was a punk AYuss little biatch, 22 acacia avenue was among my favorite songs.

No wonder this here OliveR is such a bad AYuss mod :)

LDYoRkb.jpg

cool! My Bday's also on Sep 14

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Well, unlike my naturally amazing wood block, I did find stencils you can buy to make your own Jesus, Mary, and Elvis toast.

All joking aside, I'm not suggesting any divine origin for the block of wood. I see the artistic merit in the design. It's just AWESOME looking:).

damselle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 29, 2012
New England
By the way why is that they never probe supermodels, cheerleaders etc. but always seem to pick bubba?

All kidding aside re: the differences between Bubba and the beautiful peeps, I think it has more to do with the differences in where they tend to live. The beautiful peeps tend to live in places like Hollywood, where a ship has no place to park and go undetected. where Bubba, on the other hand, lives near open fields and wastelands.

I know... can you believe that? :blink::ohmy:

Ok, I have something interesting (and DIBI related!!!)...

Please look VERY CLOSELY at this bad photo of my block:

PC_20140714_015115.jpg

I see a silhouette ghost/spirit, walking through lava flows, with demon faces to the right looking down at him... The 'demon faces' wrap all around the sides and to the back... it's FAR more noticeable in person than the pix, because of the visible depth. Looks like Dante's Inferno.

The side (it's drying so not as dark as when wet):
PC_20140714_015315.jpg

The other side is a big circle, like a cavern, with the faces flowing out of it... tho if we sand from that side (for the thickness), not sure we could preserve the symmetry as it is now once sanded down to mod size. Am more concerned about the ghosty image in the first pix, and the demon edge above.

PC_20140714_022423.jpg

Do you see the broad back of a ghosty man, turned towards the tall skinny walking woman on the other side of the block? See the round knothole that looks like a portal?

Top left of the pix is a helmeted demon with ribcage and flaming streaming upwards hair?
Closeup:
PC_20140714_022610.jpg

If you look closely, looks like the helmeted demon has screaming skulls for the eye sockets, screaming skull hand, reaching down towards ghost man, who's trying to move towards ghost woman on other side.

Well, the man and the nifty demon are going to get sanded away to get the block down as wide as my current dibi... this block is nearly 2x the thickness of my current dibi, but not quite.

My entire dibi stops exactly at where both the man and the woman figures legs stop on the block, with about 1/8" clearance on the top for leveling and cutting the caps, that's assuming the cap in wood, top and bottom.

(I sent the above to Pdib and Val. Now both think I'm on very strong drugs).

Sooooo... this block is GORGEOUS. AMAZING even... but the block is nearly 1 1/2" thick, so one cool looking image would be obliterated to make a dibi. Alternatively, I can just round the sides and make it into some kind of holder if I hollowed it out, as is.

Are the 2 abstract looking 'images' good enough to keep intact? At the least, the side with the abstract man will be completely gone.

(it's waaayyy more depth and chatoyancy viewed in person than the phone snapshots can show).

What?! :ohmy: GG. I think either your delirious with fever, or that ENT did more with that probe than give you strep! :toast:

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
FB, for some reason I can't get this pic to post to PM!

Can you put this pic on the website site for me instead>

View attachment 359790

it's my favorite side...

website looks great BTW. thanks for all your hard work!

Can't wait until the matching one is made!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
IFR also stands for "I follow road"
Indeed, that is what it stands for when you're flying this, which wasn't properly equipped for IFR and the guy flying it didn't have an IFR rating. It once took me four days to get back to PA from FL in it. Got time to spare? Go by air! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread