PhiLLy
20140503_161423_zpscqlspt6y.jpg

Why does this look like it melted?

laurie9300

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 10, 2014
Sydney Australia
That's potting compound they smeared on the board to try to prevent someone from figuring out what is there.
They also removed the chip numbers from the top of the chips.

I guess they didn't want anyone in thre US cloning their intellectual property..........

Copterstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Kansas
Got my Dibi in a couple days ago and I have to say this thing blows me away! The fit and finish couldn't be any better. The placement of the squonk hole is perfect (i imagine its gonna make a lotta lefties happy). I no longer have to shift my grip to squonk. I love how easy it is to access every part of the mod for tweaking or repairing. The only downside I can see is that I only have one. Thank you Peter, you have made me one happy vaper.

e30ernest

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 13, 2013
Philippines
Saying that is beautiful is an understatement Copterstyle! I love the pattern on that wood! The Richlite caps really highlight the wood.

Speaking of Richlite, I never thought they were as tough when I first read about it being made of paper. :D

Tooling for Machining Richlite

It's pretty expensive per sheet too! :)

I don't think I've seen a DiBi with an aluminum button yet. Is that a feasible option?

SeaNap

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 27, 2009
Atlanta
That may make the button "Current-Carrying".. but I dont have one to verify, but I think a cool option would be an AL button cover (or copper) to match your metal plate.

That said, I abosluty love Copters mod, that is stunning! And the matching button is amazing! I was hoping to get the same type of wood, is that the Oregon Maple burl?

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I had a problem with the button.... it would fire fine, then it wouldn't fire at all (seconds later), and I'd push so hard the bottom would fall out and it still wouldn't fire. It drove me nuts, so I tried everything in the bag. In the bag was the bee button I had made, and Peter had returned... so I thought I'd try that. It was too tall, but I wanted to see what it would look like anyway. Using it... it turned the button into a toggle! I have no clue why, but NOW, it fires by pushing the button to the side. I worry about the long term effect on the Richlite cap, but I'm not pushing/pulling to the side very hard to fire the mod. I did lose out on the benefits of the new spring, but at least it fires fairly consistently now. I think the problem is that the silver screw isn't flat... it may work better if it were splayed at the ends. So if you are toggling it, it's able to make better contact at the bottom. Anyway, it's working now:).

It's not showing that much metal at the bottom:
IMG_20140504_123257.jpg

IMG_20140504_123327.jpg

This is one beautiful mod:).

And I want to thank Pdib for signing the bottom:)! Wish it were even bigger!! :wub:

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Megan... wanted to ask you about the O-ring... you said you used the smallest one... none of them actually fit snugly in the hole. Did you just set it under the atomizer?

What ARE those O-rings for?? I know the wider ones are for the battery... what's the small ones and the plastic washers for?

Megan Kogijiki Ratchford

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2013
Arvada, CO
Megan... wanted to ask you about the O-ring... you said you used the smallest one... none of them actually fit snugly in the hole. Did you just set it under the atomizer?

What ARE those O-rings for?? I know the wider ones are for the battery... what's the small ones and the plastic washers for?

Yep, I just set it there then tightened down the RM2. The o-ring just gives it enough springy resistance needed to keep the juice from oozing out under the RM2 as I squonk but do not have to tighten it so much I can't get it on or off without a wrench.

Copterstyle

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2013
Kansas
Pdib sure did a number on it! Yea thats Oregon Maple burl.

That may make the button "Current-Carrying".. but I dont have one to verify, but I think a cool option would be an AL button cover (or copper) to match your metal plate.

That said, I abosluty love Copters mod, that is stunning! And the matching button is amazing! I was hoping to get the same type of wood, is that the Oregon Maple burl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread