cc45eb834c76154ecd62810307edd721--families-happy.jpg

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

sleeping-koala-551.jpg

My absence was unplanned, humble apologies. We're up visiting my parents and it's my first visit since they were moved from independent living to assisted. We're also going through what's left of their stuff in the old apartment, somehow my brother managed to ream 2/3s of their stuff into the new one, and move and sort through their storage unit. (There's always those moments you aren't ready for, like seeing your naked very young father and uncle being playfully dragged down a sand dune by their mother. :lol:) On top of all that, the retirement complex seems to be having internet problems. :grr:

@DavidOck, thank you so much for keeping this going while I'm AWOl. :)

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

ww-funny-animal-faces-cow.adapt.945.1.jpg

large_happy_koala_bear_smiling_tile_coaster.jpg

Gosh, being dragged naked down a sand dune doesn't sound "playful", more like torture! :lol:

Just going by the written word, I agree it sounds pretty nasty. :( The images show nothing but love from their mother, a woman who unfortunately died before I was born, and two kids having a blast that always led their kids to believe they'd never been naked, even in the dark. :lol:

68,126 :banana:

3270691a5d321b714eaae4d5b4fc93ac.jpg

And I used to think 70 was old. Now that I am no longer smoking I thoroughly expect to reach 18 with 62 years experience or even 18 with 72 years experience :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I love that! Can I please order a poster of that? :)

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I love that! Can I please order a poster of that? :)
I am very tempted to put it on a big piece of poster board to remind me every day that I don't plan on ever giving in to what is sometimes call "old age". The body ages but most of the time the mind doesn't. Amazing how often the mirror seems to lie to me. That can't be me, it has to be my great grandmother jumping in front of me every time I look in there. :lol::lol::lol:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Cat-with-burning-Birthday-cake-2.jpg

Tomorrow is my mother's 95th birthday. Since we have to leave tomorrow afternoon, we took her, and my father, out to dinner tonight to celebrate. After dinner they brought her a piece of pie, ice cream and with a lit candle. It's the only place and time an open flame is allowed in the entire retirement complex. We kept telling her to make a wish and blow out the candle. She dove headlong into that pie and I barely got it blown out as it keeled over. Go Mom! :bday: :lol:

I am very tempted to put it on a big piece of poster board to remind me every day that I don't plan on ever giving in to what is sometimes call "old age". The body ages but most of the time the mind doesn't. Amazing how often the mirror seems to lie to me. That can't be me, it has to be my great grandmother jumping in front of me every time I look in there. :lol::lol::lol:

If the sign was in my house, I'd have it done in neon light. :) Got rid of all our mirrors since every last one of them lied though their teeth. :grr:

Users who are viewing this thread