Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

This is what we're fighting, folks:

FDA Considers Online Vape Ban

FDA Considers Online vape Ban
Ali Anderson / September 26, 2018 / News & Media, Science & Policy, Data
THE US government is considering banning the online sales of e-cigarettes, it has been revealed.

Head of the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Scott Gottlieb has admitted the shock move is one of the proposals "on the table" as part of its crackdown on teen vaping.

While speaking on a panel discussion on e-cigarettes hosted by US news website Axios on Tuesday, Gottlieb explained the FDA will reveal more about its future plans in November when they release new data on the use of e-cigarettes by minors.

The proposal has already been heavily criticized as a potential disaster to America's health with thousands of ex smokers having quit their deadly cigarette addiction thanks to vaping.

Gottlieb told the panel: “One of the things we’re looking at is whether or not we should change our regulations to address how these products are being sold, particularly how they’re being sold online.

“We have two problems – one with appeal – they are too appealing to kids and the other is access – they are too accessible to kids and we think the online portal is one of the reasons why they’re so accessible.”

He then admitted that, in the future, vape products could be treated like cigarettes, which are banned from online sales, and current vape websites could be shut down or restricted.

Gottlieb also revealed “new limits” on flavored e-cigarette products are also in the pipeline, since the range of candy and fruit vape flavors on the market is currently “too appealing” and “too accessible” to children.

That was a heck of a way to wake up this morning. Thanks for posting, I didn't get the email.

I'd just like to add:

Dear Scott Gottlieb,

main-qimg-bb3157ef9f9dbacb965e98a31ba0009c-c

Sincerely, FlamingoTutu

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
67,084 :)

Now I remember why I backed away from the forum for a while. I don't have a problem with my blood pressure but right now my blood is boiling after reading the about the latest attack on our choice to try to live a healthier life. :-x

And my heart is broken by the latest news from our dear sweet friend Robin :(

Sometimes the anger and the heartbreak just get to be too much for me to handle. :facepalm:

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

B9CH4DbCQAAm_CK.jpg

67,084 :)

Now I remember why I backed away from the forum for a while. I don't have a problem with my blood pressure but right now my blood is boiling after reading the about the latest attack on our choice to try to live a healthier life. :-x

And my heart is broken by the latest news from our dear sweet friend Robin :(

Sometimes the anger and the heartbreak just get to be too much for me to handle. :facepalm:

Good to see you! :) Can't disagree that's it's frustrating and heart wrenching. Given my druthers though, I'd prefer to know in advance. On the vaping front, I don't even know where there is a good vape store, nor do I want to be dependent on one. :( I am stocked up for the most part (Spinners always die, one of mine did today) but then there's always a new driptip, coils (just to be sure), shiney anything and...

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

Good to see you! :) Can't disagree that's it's frustrating and heart wrenching. Given my druthers though, I'd prefer to know in advance. On the vaping front, I don't even know where there is a good vape store, nor do I want to be dependent on one. :( I am stocked up for the most part (Spinners always die, one of mine did today) but then there's always a new driptip, coils (just to be sure), shiney anything and...

Good to be here to be seen :lol:
Even during the time I was quiet I was still checking in so I could keep up to date on the latest insanity.

Thanks in a big part to you I truly am set to be able to vape for the rest of my life. Once I finally understood what everyone was raving about I had to add 3 more Provari to my stock of vape supplies. I managed to get enough caps and extensions to be able to use 18650's in all of them although I do used 18500 in 2 of them. They are all I use now. Each time I use my Dragon I think of you. :wub:

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA

Insanity is the right word... They want to stop smoking, so hamstring the one thing that works???

I started my stash before the first "deadline", so have been building it since before August '16. Since I normally have a dozen mods going (all different flavors), and really dislike single button mods, never went the Pthingy way ;) By the time they got to the Raduis, I was well stocked. Heck, if the old adage about the cheap mods only lasting a year were true (ime it's not), I'd still be ok until about 110 :w00t: :lol:. And I only use true RDAs, mix my own juice... although at last count, only 20 or so years of nic. :facepalm:

So, I feel comfortable for myself. But for all the folk just starting, or who haven't yet, it's not a good situation!

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

Good to be here to be seen :lol:
Even during the time I was quiet I was still checking in so I could keep up to date on the latest insanity.

Thanks in a big part to you I truly am set to be able to vape for the rest of my life. Once I finally understood what everyone was raving about I had to add 3 more Provari to my stock of vape supplies. I managed to get enough caps and extensions to be able to use 18650's in all of them although I do used 18500 in 2 of them. They are all I use now. Each time I use my Dragon I think of you. :wub:

You made my day, week, month! So glad you like the dragon that much. :D

As @DavidOck said, it always frustrates me the most over newbies who've just started when they threaten to pull this stuff. Soon after I got here people were warning me to stock up. They were pretty convincing. Kept at it over the years. First Provari cost almost $200. Glad they eventually dropped their prices but bummed they went out of business. I'd be in a very bad way if I was just starting to vape now and had to stock up. :(

tenor.gif

Last edited:

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
You made my day, week, month! So glad you like the dragon that much. :D

As @DavidOck said, it always frustrates me the most over newbies who've just started when they threaten to pull this stuff. Soon after I got here people were warning me to stock up. They were pretty convincing. Kept at it over the years. First Provari cost almost $200. Glad they eventually dropped their prices but bummed they went out of business. I'd be in a very bad way if I was just starting to vape now and had to stock up. :(

I know what you mean. I got frustrated with all the money wasted on unvapeable e-liquid so went to DIY pretty early on. By the end of 2012 I had several flavors that I enjoyed vaping so concentrated on stocking up on nic, flavoring for my favorites, pg and vg.

Like @DavidOck has experienced regulated devices do last a lot longer than a year. I used my istick30's for a couple of years and hubby is still using them. Right now I am using all 4 of my Provari every day. I am just hoping none of them ever quit on me but if that happens I still have plenty of other devices to fall back on. I do try to keep an eye on ebay and the buy, sell, trade section here to add a few more at a reasonable price.

I am just so angry at the "powers that be" for keeping us in a state of fear of this life saving technology one day getting impossible to get and folks that truly would be helped with it no longer having the option. :([/QUOTE]

FlamingoTutu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2013
In the Mountains

giphy.gif

DIY was a real money saver for me. When I started vaping, I was buying 30ml bottles for $20 plus paying shipping. I try not to complain because I loved the liquid, Kona Coffee, enough that it finally got me off the cigs. After my taste buds recovered I tried it again and :w00t:. Now I use unflavored so save a ton that way. Measure the nic, eyeball the PG & VG, shake and done. :) I do miss vape mail though. :cry: I'm trying to find something new and shiny for one last vape mail thrill should it all come to an end. (Who knew there was a down side to stocking up?)

Users who are viewing this thread