Not open for further replies.

TinyTimberGal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 14, 2011
Wisconsin
picasaweb.google.com
I just signed the petition. I didn't read through this whole thread, but in case it hasn't been pointed out, one doesn't have to be a 'vaper' to sign this. So in case you haven't already, tell your adult children, grandchildren and anyone else that supports our smoking alternative rights.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
And the petition was discussed on the Matthew Williams show tonight on VapeTV.

BTW: There is now a one-stop page in CASAA's Call to Action section for the three national campaigns currently going on. This "National Online Campaigns" page contains links to sign this petition, to use Popvox to OPPOSE S.1402 that would raise taxes on tobacco products, and to tell your success story to the television show producers for The Doctors.

CASAA.org

ScottB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 23, 2010
Goin' Mobile... eeh ooh, beep beep!
Hey all... I hope folks are still reading this thread... because it's more interesting than ever... because of the "newness" of the We The People site and the state-of-flux of their rules.

Turns out that Smokingevolved, the OP, chose a fortuitous time to create the petition and get this started. The signature threshold at the time of creation was/is 5,000 sigs for action. 'We The People' is locked in to that commitment. We need 5,000 signatures by October 27. AND WE HAD BETTER GET THEM!

If we're not successful with this attempt, the "next time" we're going to need 25,000 signatures in 30 days (subject to whatever threshold revisions they invoke in the meantime of course).

AS OF OCTOBER 3, 2011:

To cross the first threshold and be searchable within WhiteHouse.gov, a petition must reach 150 signatures within 30 days.

To cross the second threshold and require a response, a petition must reach 25,000 signatures within 30 days.

https://wwws.whitehouse.gov/petitions/!/how-why/terms-participation
(The site is still wonky - I had to be logged in to access this page)

TO BE CLEAR... we need "ONLY" 5,000 signatures by the 27th. That will not change, according to the info on the site, as new thresholds are not retroactive.

Judging by our current progress - even with cross-posting around these forums, on FB, on other sites, etc. - we still have our work cut out to reach it... and again judging by our current progress, we'll have a hell of a time gathering 25,000 signatures in 30 days for whatever attempt might follow.

So press harder, yell louder, network more feverishly, whatever... but we have to hit 5,000 to take advantage of the OP's beginners-luck-timing...

And Thanks! Smokingevolved.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
So why is it that I create an account which does not ask for a password but when I want to log in to vote, it asks for a password. Which I don't have since it only asked for name, e-mail address and zip code.

They send you a password or are supposed to. My first one didn't show up as I recall or if it did, it ended up in the spam folder. I guess google figured anything coming from the US gubermint was spam.

Vocalek

CASAA Activist
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Dragonlover: Would you be a dear and post the message below in forums where you think it will do the most good.

The Consumer Advocates for Smoke-free Alterantives Association (CASAA) is a non-profit organization that works to ensure the availability of reduced harm alternatives to smoking and to provide smokers and non-smokers alike with truthful information about such alternatives. CASAA was born in late 2009 right here on ECF as a means of protecting our access to safer smoking replacement products.

CASAA has a "Call to Action" section on its web site to alert users of e-cigarettes, snus, dissolvables, and other smoke-free alternatives when there is pending legilsation that would outlaw sale or use of a smoke-free alternative. In addition, CASAA has posted a one-stop place where ECF members can get involved in three national campaigns by just clicking on a link and filling in a short form for each. Click this link, CASAA.org
or access the casaa.org web site (http://www.casaa.org), click the Call to Action tab at the top, and then select National Online Campaigns from the list.

From this page you can accomplish the following:
  • Sign the petition at Whitehouse.gov to have e-cigarettes recognized.
  • Sign up at Popvox and OPPOSE a pending senate bill that would increase taxes on all tobacco products
  • Tell the producers of the TV show "The Doctors" your story on how e-cigarettes affected your smoking.

Last edited:

rothenbj

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2009
Green Lane, Pa
Maybe if a link was also in the general discussion area more members would see this. I know that I had a little bit of a hard time finding it here. A lot of the newer members "browse" the regular threads more than here I think.-Just a thought

I had posted a message there when this started but it got buried fairly quickly. I bumped it up and added that we were still about 3k short and that if we don't get the 5k we'd need 25k on a resubmission. Hopefully it will stay somewhere near the top.

Vapor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2009
Orlando, Florida
waiting for confirmation email right now.

2752 needed as of right now.

This needs to be pasted on every subforum in here there is. No need to place such an important thread only on here where a lot of people dont bother going. I for one didnt know of this issue till today when Jason of eletronicstix sent me an email. In fact, EVERY supplier on here SHOULD be emailing their costumers on this very issue and provide a link to the petition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread