barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Beautiful knife. I'm low budget, but my favorite is a Kershaw Echo I've had for over 20 years. The knife's been through hell and back, and it has never failed me.
Since I lost my expensive benchmade, I've been looking at a low budget replacement. Boker Kalashnikov is, from what I've read, a very good budget knife.. and an automatic at that. I need to be able to open my knife quickly and most often with only 1 hand. That Echo looks like a very solid quality knife. I love tools that stand the test of time, and bumps and bruises of life and that continue to be quite useful! I look for those same qualities in mods

Robfisher

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 21, 2014
Durban, South Africa
www.ecigssa.co.za
Dani Mini with Dvarw DL in the snow in Norway!
Norway 498.JPG
Norway 516.JPG

Hitcat44

mere Pawn in Game of Life
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 9, 2015
Ft. Vape-WKY
Knives & Mods Theme; me Likey ;)

20191013_173526.jpg

This is a Custom high-Carbon Steel w/American Walnut handle & hard-rock insert (to be replace by something later). Made by a Buddy of mine here in West Kaintuck. Incredibly sharp and capable. He went to Arkansas and studied/learned under one of the dudes on "Forged in Fire". Some crazy unbelievable Testing/Trials they and their creations have to overcome in order to pass. On the Waiting List for him to do a Tanto-blade Boot-Knife next (will have blade bead-blasted). Got a couple CRKT Stingers that do quite well for that purpose so no hurry. He made the Blade-Sleeve as well.
Of course,,, a Provari P3 Celtic in 18500 mode w/KFL 22 loaded with Peach-Faced to round out the coupling.

Best and most Favorite of all time;
Gerber Mark II (bought at Ft. Benning PX in '82) carried for many years Soldiering. Served me well and wasn't ready for being put ta pasture when I was so gifted to my fave NCO to carry-on... :thumb:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Beautiful knife. I'm low budget, but my favorite is a Kershaw Echo I've had for over 20 years. The knife's been through hell and back, and it has never failed me.

I had a low budget Buck knife that was like that... it just wouldn't give up the ghost no matter what I put it through. I lost it one June in the mid 60's on a river trip in a canoe when I capsized in Rhode Rapids doing about 100 miles of the Snake River from Jackson Lake Dam in Grand Teton Nat'l Park down to Alpine, Wyoming (I was washed down river about 3.5 miles before I could beach the 17' canoe to empty and right it again). That part of the river was still wilderness then, so I camped on an island in the river the first night and at what was called Moose the second night (near where Teton Village is now).

Speaking of old... this was my grandfathers pocket knife until he gave it to me around 1954/55. The wear of the blades show how much he used it. I whittled my first sling shot with it, cleaned a lot of trout and small game with it. But since he died (1962 IIRC) it has mostly just been saved as a keepsake that brings back the memories of the wonderful times we shared together in the outdoors.
pocket1.jpg

TrollDragon

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2014
NS, Canada
i got a gear when they first released. we never got on despite many attempts at bonding. still have it and we glare at each other often. therefore glare RTA.
one of today's taken to work setups is the fat rabbit on the SL class. unmatchy.
View attachment 844143
powerful mode at 60Wish. molicel 21700 which i can't remember the numbers of.
Same here with the Gear, noisy AF and always empty...

Mine now sits on the Praxis Banshee with a little Grapefruit Menthol for the occasional tangy cool hit.

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
I thought I lost my benchmade forever.. it's the best and most useful knives I've ever owned
Our lone worker at the fish plant/net shed found my knife! BUT.. he thought he would do me a favor and ground a new edge for me.:facepalm:
I didn't have the heart to tell him that was a terrible idea.. he's not an expert in the least in grinding blade edges, and pretty much butchered my very expensive knife. Oh well, I can get a pro to get it like new for me. I planned on having someone sharpen the serrated edge, so might as well have them grind new edges too.
20191014_195057.jpg

icepickmaker84

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 7, 2019
Indiana
I thought I lost my benchmade forever.. it's the best and most useful knives I've ever owned
Our lone worker at the fish plant/net shed found my knife! BUT.. he thought he would do me a favor and ground a new edge for me.:facepalm:
I didn't have the heart to tell him that was a terrible idea.. he's not an expert in the least in grinding blade edges, and pretty much butchered my very expensive knife. Oh well, I can get a pro to get it like new for me. I planned on having someone sharpen the serrated edge, so might as well have them grind new edges too.
View attachment 845067
Awesome he found it!

barkfunklerbunk

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2014
Planet Earth
Awesome he found it!
It was right where I left it, of course. :lol:*facepalm* Strange stuff happens when you're exhausted from working non-stop and wake up at 3:15am, and use your knife in the wee hours, set it down and completely forget about it.

EIHYPI

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 15, 2017
I just got rid of some vape supplies and gave them to a friend to help him quit cigarettes. When it comes down to it, there are some devices and things I will never get rid of. That definitely includes the Jac Series B and the Velocity RDA. This was my first DNA mod and it was recommended by those here on ECF and so was the Velocity, my first RDA ever. Thanks!
20191014_235232.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread