The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Pimp my ProVari

Discussion in 'ProVari' started by Preloader, Nov 3, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Preloader

Preloader Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I'm sure this is not a new idea, but yet a recycled one with a new spin. I want to custom powdercoat a full-size Provari, but I want you guys to help me choose the color.

[​IMG]

I have narrowed my choices down to three which I will post example of below. I'm not against other suggestions, but afterall it is my ProVari, and I could happily live with one of the 3 options I'm proposing.

I can virtually have it powdercoated any color from this color list:
    https://www.powderbuythepound.com/Powder_Sample_Panels/

I will accept "likes" as votes, so give a little thought before making a choice, I won't count a double vote for multiple colors.
    This may be a slow process from start to completion, but I will see it through.

2. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Black Bronze Illusion:
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

3. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Black Ice Explosion:
    [​IMG]

4. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Green Transparent Candy:
    [​IMG]

5. basylica

basylica Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    Blue is my fav color in general, but out of the 3 options I'd probably go green because there are blue/black options on pro ape but no dark greens!

I'd love to see one pimped in that crazy chameleon paint you see on cars tho. That would be insane!

6. Thunderball

Thunderball Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2013
    Grayson, Georgia
    >>>> well, pimpin ain't easy<<<<<<<

7. spartanstew

spartanstew ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jun 29, 2013
    Wylie, Texas
    Green. It's already black, I doubt I'd go through the trouble for a different "shade" of black.

8. Nermal

Nermal Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 8, 2013
    Farmington, NM USA
    Be careful, Preloader. No experience, but I understand that powder coating technology involves some fairly high temperatures. Wouldn't want to over heat that chip set.

9. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    If chameleon were desired. A professional bodyshop paint job would be a logical route, and it would be a only at home with caution ProVari.

I do have previous experience with this powder vendor, and I want to add that the examples are fairly accurate to the end result.

Kawasaki Green:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Not a concern:
    [​IMG]

11. The Ocelot

The Ocelot Psychopomp Verified Member ECF Veteran

12. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    Wow! That is nice. I'd guess it was painted and then clearcoated. Several times.

13. Susan W.

Susan W. Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 30, 2013
    Torrance, CA
    I voted for the green even though it's my least favorite color but I think for "testing" purposes, the shine will show up better in pictures than the shiny blacks. I'm wondering about the transparent part, if the base metal is going to show through a bit.

14. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I suspect the "transparent" adjective is just a way of signifying candy.

The Black Bronze option has a bit of green pearl to it if you look very closely. As most of you know, I'm partial to Bronze and Green. Also the internals for this ProVari have the Green display. But for the sake of most pictures of the completed project, the display won't be seen. This is more of a Beta run to see how well the powdercoating pans out.

15. basylica

basylica Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 5, 2013
    Dallas, Tx
    I'm fairly sure he sold a few of them here awhile back. 4-5 months ago maybe. I suspect he was a guy with ready access to car painting equipment as he did several.

16. The Ocelot

I remember seeing something similar (or likely the same) in the classys. I know he's on ECF, since I first saw the pictures in a thread.

17. pennysmalls

pennysmalls Squonkmeister Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jul 26, 2013
    Indiana
    That first green is nice, really nice. It would be an original for sure. With some clear coating it could really pop.

18. baghandler

baghandler Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 18, 2013
    Chicago
    Black Bronze, baby! That was one of my top pics in the other thread.

And that deep, shiny red / almost burgundy that Ocelot posted above is HOT.

I'd be happy with either. Hurry up and do it, so then we can all start sending our beaters to you for the Preloader Pimp treatment.

19. The Ocelot

I wouldn't want this color for myself, but it might look cool with the green LED. Sort of glazed zombie.

https://www.powderbuythepound.com/SPARKLE_GRANNY_SMITH_PANEL/

[​IMG]

I wonder if this would make finishes that are more toward matte shiny like the candy ones?

https://www.powderbuythepound.com/CRYSTAL_CLEAR_SUPER_DURABLE_HIGH_GLOSS_CLEAR_PANEL/

20. Preloader

Sep 13, 2013
    Oakland, CA
    I'll see if I can install a 0.75" flatscreen so the haters can watch movies while you vape.

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.