RDA Plume Veil Clone

Status
Not open for further replies.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Yeah, I saw where you were having throat/nasal issues with rayon. That's a shame. However, the Japanese cotton (Koh Gen Do in particular) supposedly is as good, if not better.

I'll experiment with the wick tails the next time I re-wick the PV. Don't know when that'll be as I'm wanting to see how long this wick will last. Currently, it looks like it is going to be quite a long time.

Yeah it's super freakin' odd! I've never experienced that before vaping... and i've vaped some weird .... lol!

Oh well.. Japanese organic is amazing... i just seem to have to drip slightly more often as it holds onto more juice than Rayon. You can pretty much vape Rayon bone dry without an off flavor... we all know cotton can't do that without giving off the dead, chipmunk spleen flavor/aroma haha.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA
As far as Magma builds go i've stumbled on what i think is the perfect wicking build. Something i've been calling "cotton straws". When using Japanese organic cotton pads like Labo (my new fav), Koh Gen Do or Muj you'll find a super thin "skin" or outer most top and bottom layers on each pad that are a bit more compressed than the fluffy interior. I've been peeling those more parallel-aligned layers off and saving them for my magma.

I save that part for my KFL. I'm gonna try it on my Magma, sounds like a great idea.

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
I ordered a gold Acerig Plume Veil from Eciggity for 24.99. At any rate this note is in the description on the website: UPDATE*
This batch of the Plume Veil Clone comes with the fixed screws as well as additional screws for the posts.
So hopefully I won't have a screw issue. I'll let you folks know. Should be here by Tuesday.

suspectK

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Alabummer
I don't like that the base doesn't stop the body... I'm getting some leaking from my negative post holes some times.

It should come with gold plated rings to put on the base...but the positive post block is a little too low for my liking as is.. wouldn't want to bend positive leg from airflow being positioned higher...

I'm almost considering getting another or a refund.. I got 3 different screws... I'm sure some of the threading in the negative posts is shotty.. I love the atty though.

brianc11111

ECF Veteran
Mar 30, 2014
cincinnati
just got the acerig plume veil 1 today.....have the 1.5 on order
got a .25ohm dual build on it. all air is wide open
its a good vape....fairly cool
flavor is pretty good......clouds are good
holds a decent amount of juice...get 5-6 full hits on it
easy to build on, but what new drippers arent....
its a good all around adv atty
i compare it to my infinite clt and its about even....but the clt has more juice capacity
the build quality is ok...no problems with the screws....the pos t bar is supposed to spin for those who dont know that
i feel the infinite clt has a better build quality.
with the plume veil 1.5 coming out on the 18th, id say wait and get that one if your on the fence or get the igo mv2
deeper juice well, four air holes on top instead of two...
bigger main air intakes...

GeorgeWachsmuth

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 19, 2014
Riverhead, NY, USA
Well....got my PV today. I'm running it with a dual coil, 3mm, 24ga center post build. Its at. 32 ohms.(Rayon wick) I have got to say I like the taste on this better than my Magma. Now.....the Magma does have great flavor but this thing has a brighter, crisper flavor. The screws included (a ton of 'em) are working fine. Glad I bought it.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Well....got my PV today. I'm running it with a dual coil, 3mm, 24ga center post build. Its at. 32 ohms.(Rayon wick) I have got to say I like the taste on this better than my Magma. Now.....the Magma does have great flavor but this thing has a brighter, crisper flavor. The screws included (a ton of 'em) are working fine. Glad I bought it.

I agree, the flavor on the Plume is truly amazing. It's my go to atty on any mech, the Magma is reserved for my regulated mods.

KC33

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 24, 2013
Ft. Lauderdale, FL USA

Where did you get it?

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I tried. I went to their webpage, clicked on the "Contact Us" link and received a 404 error. Really? :facepalm:

Mentioned I'd like to contact them in one of my posts and received a supposed working email addy for them (info@aethertech.com). Emailed 'em a day or two ago and have heard nothing. Sent them that same exact picture too. One would think that they would be more responsive to a customer paying full price for their product. Hrrmph!

I love the product save for the ....ty craftsmanship and those stupid neg post holes that I can't bypass. Ah well.

Nevermind. I didn't read. :facepalm:

Last edited:

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
I switched back from Rayon but you can keep a lot of rayon in the coil (you'll need that vs cotton) but just keep short tails and try tucking them just right around the coil. Works best for me anyway.

As far as Magma builds go i've stumbled on what i think is the perfect wicking build. Something i've been calling "cotton straws". When using Japanese organic cotton pads like Labo (my new fav), Koh Gen Do or Muj you'll find a super thin "skin" or outer most top and bottom layers on each pad that are a bit more compressed than the fluffy interior. I've been peeling those more parallel-aligned layers off and saving them for my magma.

Taking a thin cut/strip (wider than what you'd normally cut off for a full fluffy wick) of the "skin" and rolling it gently forms almost a mini "straw" wick with an almost hollow center. Using a "cotton straw" trailed out both ends of the coil into the Magma's juice well... INSANE! It really wicks better than anything else. It's a little tricky at first but it works like a champ.

Dood. You're a mad scientist.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
just got the acerig plume veil 1 today.....have the 1.5 on order
got a .25ohm dual build on it. all air is wide open
its a good vape....fairly cool
flavor is pretty good......clouds are good
holds a decent amount of juice...get 5-6 full hits on it
easy to build on, but what new drippers arent....
its a good all around adv atty
i compare it to my infinite clt and its about even....but the clt has more juice capacity
the build quality is ok...no problems with the screws....the pos t bar is supposed to spin for those who dont know that
i feel the infinite clt has a better build quality.
with the plume veil 1.5 coming out on the 18th, id say wait and get that one if your on the fence or get the igo mv2
deeper juice well, four air holes on top instead of two...
bigger main air intakes...

Where is the 1.5 available?

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
How's that iteo? Is it cotton?

I like those bends man!

Also, what version plume do you have?

iTeo wick is great. Holds tons of juice and never breaks down on me. I use that wick in all my setups even Kayfuns. Yes it's cotton. I unroll it and cut about 2x2 inches and drop juice across the bottom then start to roll it up. Then add juice at the end of the roll. Keep rolling till it fits.

Pre-bending and seeing where the coil goes helps me get clearance for the wick. Before I just use to push it with the screwdriver. Lol.

Got the first Plumeveil batch from SolidVapes. Emailed them and they sent me new screws. So now I got plenty. For the build to work I had to use spare Stillare screws. It's my EDC. When I get the urge for a big hit and cloud making that's the one. At home I have my custom TOBH. Running dual quad parallel in it. Man O man.

Kemosabe

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2011
Roe Dylin
iTeo wick is great. Holds tons of juice and never breaks down on me. I use that wick in all my setups even Kayfuns. Yes it's cotton. I unroll it and cut about 2x2 inches and drop juice across the bottom then start to roll it up. Then add juice at the end of the roll. Keep rolling till it fits.

Pre-bending and seeing where the coil goes helps me get clearance for the wick. Before I just use to push it with the screwdriver. Lol.

Got the first Plumeveil batch from SolidVapes. Emailed them and they sent me new screws. So now I got plenty. For the build to work I had to use spare Stillare screws. It's my EDC. When I get the urge for a big hit and cloud making that's the one. At home I have my custom TOBH. Running dual quad parallel in it. Man O man.

lol i still push it with a screwdriver! i gotta get in on that bending, man. so how exactly do you do it? are you just bending the lead while the coil is on your screwdriver mold, or do you use a tool of sorts to get that bend just right?

that iteo sounds interesting. sounds like you would stuff more of it in there than regular cotton. to me it sounds like ti might be at a density in between regular cotton and cellucotton maybe. i'll have to keep my eye out for some.

oh dang, you got the solid vapes one. thats the one i was going to get. i think its the tobeco one that they carry. i got the tobeco veritas from them and its awesome. looks like i might be getting the tobeco plumeveil after all. nice. as long as the screws are the new ones, that is.

G-weezy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2014
Minneapolis
You know when you get done wrapping the coil the leads are facing the same direction? I keep bending into a V shape so the pass and meet in the middle. Then I bend them straight forward where the meet in the middle. Now they are parallel to each other. That's when I bend the wire straight across to reach the other post. I measure where it's going to fit in the hole. That's my last bend. I'll try get pics for ya.

At first I was using needle nose pliers. But now I have found my coil bending tool. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread