Not open for further replies.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
It is my understanding that it was built that way in order to accommodate multiple different style builds.

Yeah, it explicitly states in the description that it has an adjustable center post. However, when I'm just tightening down a coil lead in the positive block and it is spinning out of position... It shouldn't do that. I've tried tightening it and everything, no such luck. That's what I meant though. Sorry, should have been more specific.

Last edited:

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Yeah, it explicitly states in the description that it has an adjustable center post. However, when I'm just tightening down a coil lead in the positive block and it is spinning out of position... It shouldn't do that. I've tried tightening it and everything, no such luck. That's what I meant though. Sorry, should have been more specific.

Is this the Tobeco Plume Veil that your unable to tighten by holding the positive block and tightening the 510?

I'm just curious cause I just ordered the Tobeco Plume. I'm really hoping the 510 pin can be tightened to make sure the positive post doesn't spin. That is how Tobeco made their TOBH and it works perfectly for me :)

If anyone can share their experience with the Tobeco Plume... I'd really appreciate it!!

desrever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
La La Land
Is this the Tobeco Plume Veil that your unable to tighten by holding the positive block and tightening the 510?

I'm just curious cause I just ordered the Tobeco Plume. I'm really hoping the 510 pin can be tightened to make sure the positive post doesn't spin. That is how Tobeco made their TOBH and it works perfectly for me :)

If anyone can share their experience with the Tobeco Plume... I'd really appreciate it!!

My tobeco PV spins no matter what. I just hold the center post while tightening the coil.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
My tobeco PV spins no matter what. I just hold the center post while tightening the coil.

Interesting.. I spoke to 101vape today that confirmed you can tighten the 510pin so the positive post doesn't move...just like the tobeco tobh.

If I were u I'd return it cause something must not be working right. I know I will if I have that issue. Rather return it then deal with a fustrating rda that might just be more problems down the road :)

Not sure if you bought it at 101vape, but they've always had great customer service for me.

Thanks for your feedback on it!

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com

This thread is about the Acerig Plume Veil. The Plume Veil is supposed to have an adjustable center post but the Acerig version still spins despite having the 510 cranked. I don't know about the Tobeco, you may want to search for another thread or read reviews about it on all sites where the Tobeco version is offered. Good luck. Regardless of the spinning post issue, it is still an amazing rda.

Seylvape85

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2014
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
This thread is about the Acerig Plume Veil. The Plume Veil is supposed to have an adjustable center post but the Acerig version still spins despite having the 510 cranked. I don't know about the Tobeco, you may want to search for another thread or read reviews about it on all sites where the Tobeco version is offered. Good luck. Regardless of the spinning post issue, it is still an amazing RDA.

Didn't mean to jack ur thread just saw it mentioned a couple times throughout the thread :). I've heard back from a couple sources regarding my specific question. No real reviews out there mention what I asked...at least not after 2 hours of searching that I could turn up.

Anyway, best of luck with ur pv.

desrever

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 22, 2013
La La Land
Interesting.. I spoke to 101vape today that confirmed you can tighten the 510pin so the positive post doesn't move...just like the tobeco tobh.

If I were u I'd return it cause something must not be working right. I know I will if I have that issue. Rather return it then deal with a fustrating rda that might just be more problems down the road :)

Not sure if you bought it at 101vape, but they've always had great customer service for me.

Thanks for your feedback on it!

For some reason I thought I had the tobeco version but I checked again and I actually have the acerig. Doh. The spinning isn't a huge issue for me though. The PV is used as my juice taster with a wickless coil in it. It's not in the daily rotation.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Didn't mean to jack ur thread just saw it mentioned a couple times throughout the thread :). I've heard back from a couple sources regarding my specific question. No real reviews out there mention what I asked...at least not after 2 hours of searching that I could turn up.

Anyway, best of luck with ur pv.

No no I wasn't trying to be mean, after all this thread is titled 'Plume Veil Clone.' I was just letting you know that it was mainly about the Acerig version. You may find some others that have the Tobeco floating around here though!

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
Just picked up the PV clone by Tobeco. My center post doesn't spin and the fit and finish seems to be really nice! My only gripe is that the top portion of the barrel housing is not beveled like the bottom is so that may snag the o-rings and tear them. I used a simple round file and put a slight bevel on the top portion and then smoothed the filing marks out with 180-400-800-2000 grit sandpaper. Works like a champ in single coil mode.

Mine does leak slightly and I have to figure out my wicking arrangement so that is doesn't. The jury is still out in my mind if I really want/need the bottom holes. I may decide to plug them with something that is temporary and see how it does.

I also have the top insulator screwed up all the way as if I loosen it to allow airflow from the top cap it seems very loose. I am not sure how the original acts.

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
Mine does leak slightly and I have to figure out my wicking arrangement so that is doesn't. The jury is still out in my mind if I really want/need the bottom holes. I may decide to plug them with something that is temporary and see how it does.

That's where mine leaks from as well. It's a great idea, but poor implementation. As long as you hold it completely vertical the whole time, you're good to go... lol

sahsah

ECF Veteran
Oct 18, 2013
los angeles, california, USA
Well, it's off to a bad start so far. I just tried building a dual coil setup and one of the center post screw holes is a wider bore than the others. The included screws don't work in that hole and I cannot tighten the coil lead down at all. On my way to the hardware store, however, this is a pretty big strike if you ask me.

View attachment 359007

Will keep this updated.
this was a common issue with the ace rig plume veil v1's. From what I read, acer if was supplying proper screws to the vendors to give to people who bough devices with the bad screws. Contact the place where you bought it and they should give you the right screws for free....unless you got it from eBay in which case you're in bad shape, but it's not hopeless. You've just gotta go on a bit of a scavenger hunt to find screws that'll fit it properly. Good luck

Cullin Kin

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 28, 2014
The 3Oh!3, Colorado
www.youtube.com
this was a common issue with the ace rig plume veil v1's. From what I read, acer if was supplying proper screws to the vendors to give to people who bough devices with the bad screws. Contact the place where you bought it and they should give you the right screws for free....unless you got it from eBay in which case you're in bad shape, but it's not hopeless. You've just gotta go on a bit of a scavenger hunt to find screws that'll fit it properly. Good luck

acerig came out and said it included the wrong screws on the early models

Yeah, we covered this a bit earlier in the thread. Like a month ago... When the thread was started lol. Thanks though guys. It was a lot more than just the wrong screws for mine. The center post spins and there's no way to tighten it anymore, the positive block was actually drilled unevenly so one screw sits lower and at an angle, and the o-rings were too big

Last edited:

atroph

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2014
Chesapeake, VA
And it leaks like a .... in my case (tobeco). I don't fault Tobeco for the leaking I believe it is the overall design. Could be my wicking method but that is only masking the root problem IMO.

It vapes like a frickin' champ, but my OCD doesn't like juice on the fingers. If I wanted to wash my hands every time I took a vape I'd go back to smoking. (well not really :))

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread