Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
alien Traveler" data-source="post: 18386001" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
alien Traveler said:
$19.99 for 10 ml of juice?
Funny.
Hey there Mr. Mann!!! ;)

Yea all the vids I watched prior had the same general censuses. It packs a wallop!!!! :lol:

Ι wondered why in so many "high-end" groups for mods/atties I was seeing a Juul in the handcheck with 1K+ mods. I was like, why? I thought it was a joke at first. Until I tried it. Holy .....!

I already ordered one for an uncle that smokes but doesn't like traditional cig-a-likes. And not too many smokers I know are not interested in refilling or buying multiple components, or building (at least, not at first).

Reactions: vapingbeauty

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
With vaping everything counts and everything has tradeoffs. An HG2 18650 will last me a full day vaping 7 ml at 400 degrees and 30 max watts. I want the shortest rig possible for pocket carry and stealth. The pico plus the SV rda is a pretty short combination. Then I want a quality vape, which I get from a fresh wick and clean coil. An rda is easy to rewick and when I want more intense vapor just over saturate the coil a bit. Then there's simply learning to get the most from what you've got. There are plenty of variables with temp control, a rebuildable deck and DIY. Finally I've got this setup pretty well dialed in. Time to just enjoy it.

Vandal

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2009
NE Ohio
$19.99 for 10 ml of juice?
Funny.
That might cost me more than smoking ever did (and this is untaxed cost so far). Any word if any of these will be seeking FDA approval? It'd be great to see something besides BT's offerings surviving The Deeming.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
That might cost me more than smoking ever did (and this is untaxed cost so far). Any word if any of these will be seeking FDA approval? It'd be great to see something besides BT's offerings surviving The Deeming.

I don't know who will be seeking "approval". I imagine they will try. Who knows if it will be for any good. Damn shame you can get a pill approved that may cause homicidal actions, but we are out in the cold.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
• Nicotine content: 0.7mL with 5% nicotine by weight (59 mg/mL per pod, ~ content of a pack of cigarettes).

Hey @ScandaLeX

The Juul is a trip. I am not trying to make it out to be too revolutionary, but that little joker can put out (especially with a couple modifications). Closed system? Not exactly. LOL Let me tell you though. The first hit of a Juul will put you down for a minute or so. For real. It's intense and enjoyable.

Reactions: Eskie

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
These devices may be the future of vaping. If the companies making them have the resources, they look like the type of design that MIGHT get through the PMTA process.

And that's exactly what Altria and RJ Reynolds are counting on. These rules were a gift to BT to create a set of regs so that only closed systems were likely to survive. Even if Wismec or eLeaf produce something to compete, the issue of prefilled carts and the associated expense. So we will be forced to somehow hack the carts to fill them ourselves, but how many people are going to be all that thrilled with 0.7 ml carts?

Atlantisboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2012
USA
You're not reliant on them (except for their special nic) You can refill them and mod them for greater airflow.

aSKlDpQl.jpg

The top on the left is modded for better airflow/vapor/TH. The one on the right is standard. Because there is no coil (I think), high PG and high VG both work equally well (for me). Actually, high VG may work best since high PG can leak a bit easy. Very cool tho.

Interesting , what is the mod that is done to give more airflow? I would be interested if I could open up the air. Thanks bud.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
Interesting , what is the mod that is done to give more airflow? I would be interested if I could open up the air. Thanks bud.

Pulled off the black cap and cut a deeper "^" into one side of the mouthpiece with a razor blade. Notice the two different "^s" in the caps. Just increases airflow.

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Interesting. So, with no replaceable coils, how long does a pod mod last before you have to buy again? The Mistic 2 sounds good on a 2 for 1 plus starter kit for 40.00 and is sub ohm but if these are basically a disposable that only lasts a month, not worth it imo.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Pulled off the black cap and cut a deeper "^" into one side of the mouthpiece with a razor blade. Notice the two different "^s" in the caps. Just increases airflow.
    I just realized you made that video. Thank you. But I thought you were going to turn the modified cap around to show us the modification. Instead you just pointed to which cap is which & started vaping. Can you post pics of it for us please & thank you.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread