Pod Mods: Which One Are You Liking the Most?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
I just realized you made that video. Thank you. But I thought you were going to turn the modified cap around to show us the modification. Instead you just pointed to which cap is which & started vaping. Can you post pics of it for us please & thank you.

I am no good at video. This is kinda how I do it (I just use my fingers) and a razor blade to cut in for airfllow.

house mouse

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2010
BFE
Pulled off the black cap and cut a deeper "^" into one side of the mouthpiece with a razor blade. Notice the two different "^s" in the caps. Just increases airflow.

I use a JUUL on occasion when I want something really small and here I've been throwing the pods away when empty. :facepalm:

Reactions: Mr.Mann

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2011
All over the place
And here I've been trying to find someone that has a bunch of empties. LOL

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Mr. Mann, Since you can't replace an atty/coil, how long does the Juul last with average use, any idea?

I can't tell yet because I've only had mine a few days. I will try and stick to one pod. LOL. Maybe I'll buy a new Juul just to test the longevity of refilling one pod.

Last edited:

rosesense

14 years and counting
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    After careful consideration, I decided not to get any of these. If I understand correctly, the coil/atty/carto is in the individual pod (like a carto tank). So I would think it couldn't last all that long and you would have to keep buying the pods, not just refilling them. That wouldn't make sense, cost wise for me. I can appreciate them if you are out/about and need one right then, nice option to have.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    After careful consideration, I decided not to get any of these. If I understand correctly, the coil/atty/carto is in the individual pod (like a carto tank). So I would think it couldn't last all that long and you would have to keep buying the pods, not just refilling them. That wouldn't make sense, cost wise for me. I can appreciate them if you are out/about and need one right then, nice option to have.
    Folks are going to figure out ways to hack and re-fill some of these. When the reports of how successful they are and estimates as to how many times they can be re-filled and used, I will decide which ones to try out. I have a feeling that this is what our future holds for us if things aren't drastically changed by the lawsuits pending or other legislative interventions occur.

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    Folks are going to figure out ways to hack and re-fill some of these. When the reports of how successful they are and estimates as to how many times they can be re-filled and used, I will decide which ones to try out. I have a feeling that this is what our future holds for us if things aren't drastically changed by the lawsuits pending or other legislative interventions occur.
    My point is that even if you can refill for awhile, if it is a coil/carto in each pod, they can't last all that long. What, a couple weeks at best? So, I would rather just use my cheapo vv mods for out/about and forget about paying the excessive prices for pod refills.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    My point is that even if you can refill for awhile, if it is a coil/carto in each pod, they can't last all that long. What, a couple weeks at best? So, I would rather just use my cheapo vv mods for out/about and forget about paying the excessive prices for pod refills.

Depends on how you look at it. One pod can last me a year if I want. I have enough gear to spread the love. I imagine many here are in a similar situation. I think I've heard once or twice: back-ups for back-ups.

Lastly, I don't think you are the true target audience for this stuff. Cig-a-likes have never gone away and still sell way more than any box mod or RDA could ever hope to sell, so I think that a solid replacement for the old school cig-a-like will have huge benefits for those less worried about the cost of refills and more worried about saving their life.

Last edited:

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    I look at it like, say two years from now and things go in this direction, if I'm out and about, I'd rather have some current looking hacked gear on me than my prized and trusted gear that could not be replaced. Say I'm going on a trip and will be traveling internationally, I'd rather bring something disposable like the JUUL than a setup that if seized, lost or stolen, I could not replace. I can see a definite value in these type of products depending on varying circumstances. They will not necessarily be for daily use, but could nicely fill a niche use for me personally.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    Interesting, to small, but interesting. Is this the wave of the future?
    Funny you should ask this. JC West used to be huge in vaping; especially the HEM crowd. I saw his replies in someone else's comment section (Youtube) where he stated these systems are the future of vaping & several people agreed.

Reactions: ENAUD

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I hear what you guys are saying and I agree there is a market for these and all sorts of things. I am all for having lots of options since most are being taken away. The pods are exactly what the FDA wanted and looks like they will be what eventually takes the place of the current market.

Can't wait to read all the ecf posts of folks who started with these and weren't happy/felt they were ripped off and want advice about what to get (if anything else is available, which I believe it will be whether bl market, ebay or wherever.)

I am not negative about these, I had two in my cart earlier but decided to spend my money elsewhere. :) Would love to hear how long a pod lasts when one of you gets to that point.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    PhiLLy
    @Mr.Mann started a pod mod thread & one of these mods (Mistic 2.0) uses a 10ml snap-in tank but I somehow like the fact that a few popular juice vendors (5P, Bearded Vape, Cuttwood & maybe 2 or 3 others) are selling their juice in pods for the Cync.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    I hear what you guys are saying and I agree there is a market for these and all sorts of things. I am all for having lots of options since most are being taken away. The pods are exactly what the FDA wanted and looks like they will be what eventually takes the place of the current market.

Can't wait to read all the ecf posts of folks who started with these and weren't happy/felt they were ripped off and want advice about what to get (if anything else is available, which I believe it will be whether bl market, ebay or wherever.)

I am not negative about these, I had two in my cart earlier but decided to spend my money elsewhere. :) Would love to hear how long a pod lasts when one of you gets to that point.
    It's all just tools in a toolbox, there's what you need, and what you can get or have available to you. Vapers as a group seem to be pretty resourceful in making what's available work to their best advantage. And they are pretty forthright in sharing their hacks to gear to make it work better. The genie isn't going to be stuffed back into any bottle any time soon.

Mr.Mann

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 30, 2011
    All over the place
    I am an "RDA guy", so I get it. But to your point, I will try and refill one pod (for my Juul) and keep rocking it to see howl long it lasts. I got 2 on one so far. I will keep it going. But know that (obliviously) I am not solely vaping on the Juul, so I will count refills as opposed to time.

p.s. Did you see my little terrible video of the way this thing puts out? I am all kinds of in awe. It has it flaws, but damn it has some strength!

rosesense

14 years and counting
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 1, 2010
    TN
    I am an "RDA guy", so I get it. But to your point, I will try and refill one pod (for my Juul) and keep rocking it to see howl long it lasts. I got 2 on one so far. I will keep it going. But know that (obliviously) I am not solely vaping on the Juul, so I will count refills as opposed to time.

p.s. Did you see my little terrible video of the way this thing puts out? I am all kinds of in awe. It has it flaws, but damn it has some strength!
    Yes, I watched your vid and then put 2 of the Mistic in my cart with the bogo sale. I like most everything about them and no doubt they are powerful based on your video.

I have a little problem with them being more/less disposable. Great for emergencies or traveling but I hate the thought of disposable stuff if I can avoid it. Also, I kind of hate the idea of supporting anything the FDA is pushing for, I am old and stubborn. :headbang:

I am very interested in seeing where these go and am not putting anyone down for using these. Whatever works is good by me.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread