Positive side effects of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2009
IL, USA
I can smell and taste already. I was able to sleep most of the night through the first night (add about 12 hours to my banner, I am officially 15 minutes into my 3rd day), it took me at least a week to get where I wasn't waking up for smokes when I switched to a pipe (I still wake up for an e-cig puff but it's only once and quite a few hours later than usual).

My cough was instantly better, now I only cough while vaping.
Other than earlier today my resting heart rate is down to almost 60bpm.

That's about all I really expect from not smoking. I've never got where I was feeling healthy from it, not even after one 1 1/2 year stint.

Naturally today being the 3rd day I feel like total crap. That coupled with stories on here sent me into a panic attack which sent me to the Xanax and a nap, so now I feel total crap scraped off someone's shoe.
I think I'm going to use the opportunity to cut back my nicotine.

RainbowznStarz

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2008
Fairfax, Va
I gotta agree with the sense of smell! Yesterday I was driving through a parking lot and EWWW! I could smell about 10 different bad smells...have no idea what they all were but UGH. The world really stinks. For real.

My sense of taste magically reappeared the other night. I made my spaghetti sauce as I always have for the last 15 years. I went to taste it and I gagged! It tasted like flowers! 8-o Apparently...my use of Basil has been a tad bit too much and I never knew. I threw that sauce away and started a new batch. :D

I'm curious to see what happens when Spring arrives and flowers start blooming.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
So glad you started this post nitewriter. We DO need to look at the positives more. Yes, were going to have some side effects of getting all the toxins out of out body but they'll go away. Getting out the toxins!!!

Been vapin since a month now. My lungs don't hurt, no more coughing, I can breathe deep, smell things, good and bad, I can taste food better.

I can walk up the two flights of stairs carrying groceries even and not wheeze or stop mid way to catch my breath. More energy, sleep sounder.

"I am a happy camper and I like myself for doing this."

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
After 43 years of heavy tobacco smoking ...I have been e-smoking for just over a month now...but in my case .. the only thing that has changed with my sense of smell is that I can now smell cigarettes, I have always been able to smell everything else O/k.

The 'really' positive thing for me though is that I do not have a smokers cough any more and I was coughing all the time before I started vaping. That has made me feel very much happier.

I had already started trying to get fitter by taking up cycling before I took to e-smoking and at the moment I can only say my breathing 'seems' to have very slightly improved but after 43 years of tobacco smoking perhaps it's too late for me.....I keep reading completely different opinions about whether the lungs can clean themselves out... so I really don't know.

I have been one of those "ghost-readers" since I found the e-cig a month ago. I was diagnosed with cancer a year ago and one of my doctors suggested an e-cig that he had seen at a local bar. I thought it was the silliest thing I had ever heard and then the doctors told me that it appeared the cancer had spread to the lungs....that's when I decided to try one. I have been through two "cheapies" so far and was pleased with them other than the reliability but thanks to Katy at thesmokelessshop.com I should have my first quality e-cig in the next few days.

The most positive side effect in my book has been peace of mind and knowing that after smoking for 25 years I'm done. I love these things and intentionally try to get noticed in public just so I can tell my story and encourage others to make the switch.

nitewriter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2009
Hendersonville Tennessee
I'm so proud of us ALL!

ExPropTrader- You mentioned cancer and I had to reply. What inspired me to quit was watching a dear relative struggle after a lobectomy (Partial lung removed) from cancer. She also developed COPD (because she couldn't quit even after cancer) and I watched her take her last breath Feb 26th, 08. I swore I'd quit right there and then. Thanks to e-cigs I've been smoke-free since new years eve.

I think "living" is the ultimate positive side effect of vaping!

Just to put you all at ease, after 4 surgeries and months of chemo my doctors have pronounce me in remission, so things are all better now and even though I have only had the cheap e-cigs so far that changes when I check the mail today...Yayyy!!!

If I love the crappy health e-cig I can only imagine what my 901 is gonna be like, I'm so excited.

Ha, you'll love the 901, it's a great little starter. That excited feeling doesn't go away quickly, you'll probably get it every time you order a new flavour of eliquid ;)

You're right I LOVE the 901, much more consistent and reliable than the two I tried before, I've already turned on a couple of friends to it who will be joining me soon. I'm ordering more flavors this week and dropping by to thank the Dr. that turned me on to e-cigs.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
I have had an occasional rolled tobacco cigarette over the last month of vaping. I think that's because my mind just doesn't understand why I am not climbing the walls without tobacco and I have to check if it's still true that I don't 'need' it any more.........but what I really can't understand is that yesterday the tobacco roll up I tried actually made me feel quite ill and dizzy as soon as I started to smoke it and I had to put it out. That's never happened before if I have managed to go without tobacco for a while.

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
but what I really can't understand is that yesterday the tobacco roll up I tried actually made me feel quite ill and dizzy as soon as I started to smoke it and I had to put it out. That's never happened before if I have managed to go without tobacco for a while.

Good. Now stay away from the fags. I had my atomizer go out on me and it was the only one I had. I had to wait almost 3 days for one and I smoked fags waiting. They made me feel so sick. I still had almost half a pack left when I got the atomizers I ordered.

It means all that crap is doing what it's supposed to do. Make you sick. Hang in there with the e-cigs. You can do it! Just remember why you started vaping in the first place.:)

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Ha, you'll love the 901, it's a great little starter. That excited feeling doesn't go away quickly, you'll probably get it every time you order a new flavour of eliquid ;)

You like the 901? I keep sticking to the one I have because of the one year warranty. I would like to venture out but I want to know the reputation of parts lasting decently. Is there any such animal?

ladybug51

ECF Veteran
Dec 13, 2008
Southern CA, USA
Just to put you all at ease, after 4 surgeries and months of chemo my doctors have pronounce me in remission, so things are all better now and even though I have only had the cheap e-cigs so far that changes when I check the mail today...Yayyy!!!

If I love the crappy health e-cig I can only imagine what my 901 is gonna be like, I'm so excited.

Where's my manners. Welcome to the right place. I had emphysema real bad when I started with the e-cigs. Within four days I could breathe so much better.

So glad to hear you're in remission. Sad you had to go through it. It sucks doesn't it? I've been cancer free for 7 years now. May you be blessed with good health!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
You like the 901? I keep sticking to the one I have because of the one year warranty. I would like to venture out but I want to know the reputation of parts lasting decently. Is there any such animal?

I think the 901 is great for starters to get a good idea of how these things work. The RN4072s and DSE801s are probably as good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread