Positive side effects of vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProStreet

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
Montgomery county Maryland
I have noticed something very strange. I am about to turn 30 and started smoking marlboro menthol lights when I was 20. My hearing has never been great but it wasnt bad. Over the course of the last 10 years my hearing slowly got worse and worse. It reached it peak about 6 years ago when I finally went to an ENT and she said I had collapsed ear drums and my hearing was around 50% of a normal persons.

She said the tubes that lead from the inner ear to the throat were irritated and closed off which creates a negative pressure in the middle ear and it has collapsed my ear drums. So she put tubes in my ears that were supposed to last around a year. While they were in my hearing came back to normal right away! They fell out after only 3 weeks and 1 1/2 months and I was back to terrible hearing again. I never went back to the ENT.

Well a couple days ago for the first time in years my left ear for no reason poped open and has been wide open ever since! I hope my right ear comes back to normal also. I have read where smoking can cause inner ear problems and I have a feeling it is what caused my hearing problem. Now it sounds like everybody is screaming at me!

rejoice

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2008
USA KY
Since 2006 I have had inner ear problems. It was really bad. I had so much pressure. I feeled awful. I was dizzy. I had to get tubes in both my ears and still have tubes. This is my second pair. I think this is from me smoking cigarettes. I really need to stop smoking and have turned to the e-cig. I am still smoking analogs ,but not as many. I am hoping to slowly drop the analogs. I really need too. All my life I never had ear problems,but I didn't smoke either. Started smoking cig after being off them for 17 years. I know stupid. Now I can't seem too stop. Started smoking back in 1998. The e-cig are my only hope to stop smoking analogs. I have tryed everything. My ear doctor tells me all the time you got to stop smoking. He saids,you won't get better until you stop smoking. I am hoping that e-cigs are my answer.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
Its funny but my last week of smoking regular cigarettes was the worst experience I every had to end the 13 year trend. First I developed chronic bronchitis, where I just kept coughing constantly everytime I forgot to take a short breath, I sneezed once in the morning and I actually coughed my voice out for the first time! Sounds sick but I kept coughing up loads of mucus repeatedly through out entire days, even in my freaking sleep! I have been e-smoking for 9 days and the results kicked in only on day 3. Smellling and tasting extremely improved GOD I HATE THE SMELL OF CIGARETTES! LOL. I mean I can just smell it on people's breath, and Oh yea I make it known LOL. I literley just sneezed! only coughed twice and thats it! I can stress enough how great it is to actually yawn without cutting myself short. E-cigs have definatley became a complete life changer, and I Completely want to Thank each and every one of you on this forum. Best and easiest transition anybody can possibly make

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Wow I have just got back home from my daily 6 mile bike ride.....and although it didn't seem to make very much difference when I first started vaping.... suddenly after two months .... the last couple of days I have really noticed an improvement in my breathing, I actually had short bursts of 'racing' the bike today, instead of simply being glad to make the whole distance.

surbitonPete

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 25, 2009
North Yorkshire UK
Another positive side effect for me: I have had a coating on my tongue for years and it has never stayed clean for long no matter how I hard I have tried...but I have always thought it was all the tea I drink and nothing to do with smoking..(I am as much a tea addict as a smoking addict)....but now after almost two months of vaping my tongue is all pink and lovely and very easy to keep clean.

puffpuff

ECF Veteran
Mar 18, 2009
New Jersey
I just wanted to tell everyone that liquid refills need to be treated with care. I only been vaping for abou a week and just received my drops. Do not immediatly inhale after refilling a cartrridge. Wait about an hour or you will get a bad surprise

Waldo,

It is true that one needs to take care with nicotine fluid.

However, it's not the amount of time you wait after refilling...

Over time, liquid will naturally condense around the bin that holds the batting, leading straight to the mouthpiece. This can sometimes cause liquid to be sucked into the mouth for the "surprise" you're describing.

It's not the most pleasant experience, but I haven't found it to be fatal.
Spit it out, Rinse your mouth. Don't puff on your vaporizer until you can tell how much "extra" nicotine you've taken in.

You will have to occasionally wipe out your carts. Sometimes you need to do that straight out of their packages, just due to temperature changes that occur during shipping.

Enjoy your vaping.

Waldo

May 8, 2009
I believe it is important to know the positive effects of giving up analogs, as encouragment to us all. It could also serve as encouragement to those who ghost-read these forums who are considering kicking the habbit, as well as reinforcement that we are doing the right thing by vaping.

I can breathe better, smell better, sleep better (reduced snoring). I feel more energetic (aside from being stuck to this forum) and I'm looking forward to enjoying a longer and healthier life.

I only had 8 analogs tody. Not bad for a 50 yr old smoking 4 packs a day. I did figur our one thing. If your cartridge is not doing it for you, just add two drops to the vaporizor. That will get the lungs working again. Vaping for two weeks now

edlogic

ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2009
jax fla usa
www.edlogic.com
i have been 4 whole days without smoking and have no desire to roll up a bugler 20 or 30 times a day like i have been doing for over 10 years - and for over 25 years before that i smoked camel unfilter and winston regular - i started when i was about 14 years old - so i have been smoking for over 35 years

i feel better - breathe better - smell better - and one of the very best things i noticed is that i don't have the desperate urge after not vaping for an hour - or when i first get up or after a meal etc .

since i can remember - every day that i wake up - the first thing i wanted to do is roll one and smoke it right away -

i had to force myself to go drink a glass of water or start the coffee before smoking - i could hardly ever do it -

and of course - after a meal - or after going more than an hour without a smoke - that urge and desperation hits when i smoked analogs -

with e-cigs - and vaping - i don't have that problem in the least any more - it sure feels weird to wake up and be able to stroll around a while and get some water and make the coffee and then just leisurely decide when to get my 510 and start vaping

and one of the very best things about vaping - my kids say it smells a little like band aids or something and they can come right over next to me - just after i finish vaping - and they say they can hardly smell anything - some of the kids couldn't smell anything at all - ( i have 7 kids so i got a lot of opinions for good test results )

another good thing is - i don't have to keep going into the bathroom and wash off my mustache every few hours like i did with smoking tobacco - the tar would build up and be so bad that it would burn if my tongue touched it

i hope to never smoke analogs again and it almost seems like magic that it was so easy with an e-cig

Niniane

ECF Veteran
May 30, 2009
Louisiana
Worried, this thread is for positive side effects. If you are looking for a general list of symptoms people have experienced (either from using these devices or from stopping tobacco cigarettes or both), try the thread linked below:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...3305-list-common-symptoms-when-e-smoking.html

If you look around the forums, there are also threads regarding nicotine intake and such. People here seem to be very open and honest about their experiences (both positive and negative), which is good since that is in the best interest of the community and helps us all stay informed. If you smoked (or still smoke) regular cigarettes, you did so knowing full well they were harmful and could kill you. So far, looking at ingredients and anecdotal evidence, it makes logical sense to think that at the very least, "e cigs" are less harmful and less likely to kill you. Of course, there may still be unknown factors, and as far as concrete proven long-term health claims go, I am neither making nor implying any. I do know that I personally feel better using a PV than I did smoking cigarettes, and I prefer this option over the cigarettes that I already know for a fact can be detrimental to my health. So while I am not sure what has made you more concerned about pv's than you were about cigarettes (if that is the case), there is plenty of information on the forums to help you figure out if you are comfortable continuing or not.

Last edited:

Nietzsc

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2009
México
Well, the first day I got my 901 I felt very sick when I vaped. Nausea, Headache, I just felt high, very much like the effect I get whit Valium, my eyes felt heavy, wanting to

close, I yawned a lot, etc, etc. Also the taste was horrible, I ordered Marlboro, Camel and Ruyan 4#, which by the way all taste pretty much the same (Ruyan4# beeing the

sweetest) so I got scared cause I thought that e-cig wasn't going to be my solution.

The next day I said ok, let's give it another try and I didn't feel sick again, and also I started to like the flavor. I've been a 1 pack a day smoker for 14 years and today is

my fourth day as a vaper and haven't bought a pack for 4 days, I smoked four or five analogs through these days, so that's shocking for me... it's working!!!!!

I also want to say that before buying my 901, and while I was expecting it to arrive, I did a lot of research and one of the things that I wanted to know was the equivalency

between e-cig and analogs you know, I thought if I smoke 20 analogs a day, how much e-juice would I need to cover that same amount of nicotine intake that I'm used to have. But

I can tell you that with the e-cig you get into a different dynamic, at least that's what I found out.

For example with an analog you light it up and then you smoke it till you finish it, because it's already lighted up right? That's not the case with the e-cig because if I feel

that I need a smoke I gust give it a vape and I can go another 5, 10, 15 or more minutes till the next vape because you light it just when you inhale, maybe I give the e-cig 2

or 3 or 4 vapes and then another 5,10,15 or more minutes till the next one (am I explaining myself???) In my experience I'm used to smoke filtered camels and one analog would

last me for 9 or 10 smokes which is arround 7 minutes. with the e-cig I would give those same 10 inhalations in a longer period of time, get it??

So far, no improvement on smelling or tasting, but I'm certainly falling in love with e-cigs, I already like the taste and I can't wait to start trying other flavors. I

definitely feel my lungs a lot more open and breathing much more easier than before, so I'll be posting in the future my experiences.

So far, so good...

after a week of vaping, and cutting down smoking analogs to two a day, I am starting to feel somewhat better already, my breathing is better, and I'm starting to feel "cleaner", esp. my house (is starting to smell better).
and I'm feeling more confident because I took the initiative to try e-cigs, nobody told me to try them, and it's cool from a business/ROI perspective, vaping e-cigs is (alot) less expensive :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread