Precise ELA Telescoping Mod by Super-T!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesd1628

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
Excellent, thanks for the advice. I will try it.

Probably is rust, the ball plunger housing is steel, (the ball it holds is stainless). Try a drip of oil on it or maybe if you want to stay away from petroleum products which can attract dust/dirt, maybe try some graphite type lubricant.

yeah, go to holmes depot and get some key lube.. works great.

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
How do you guys get your mods so dirty that they require a bath? I have never had to do that.... Other then cleaning the atty connection my stays clean. Every now and then I will wipe the threads clean and reapply Noalox....

LOL, good question, we're a dirty bunch? Maybe we are in more humid areas? Or we are really heavy vapors?

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
How do you guys get your mods so dirty that they require a bath? I have never had to do that.... Other then cleaning the atty connection my stays clean. Every now and then I will wipe the threads clean and reapply Noalox....

We use em. I couldn't believe all the junk in the bottom cap where the little spring plunger lives. I was amazed at how dirty it was. I did like anadvidfan did and then used a Q tip with 91% acohol. It was really nasty.

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Probably is rust, the ball plunger housing is steel, (the ball it holds is stainless). Try a drip of oil on it or maybe if you want to stay away from petroleum products which can attract dust/dirt, maybe try some graphite type lubricant.

Here's David to the rescue. Go David go. :)

anavidfan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2012
U.S.
i was just thinking about why some of our ELAs get so dirty. I think its a combo of vaping styles and what type of atomizers we use combined with our skin chemistry.

I use an Odysseus most of the time, and its a 510 air draw type. I figure that it is condensation that plays a big part. I know that sometimes I can see vapor come out from the bottom and most likely some goes into the tube compartment. I also notice while I take a draw and exhale the thick vapor surrounds my ELA and its logical that it might cover the ELA with vapor film.

Those that use Kayfuns and drippers that draw air from the side of tank or cover get less if any condensation in the top connection so top stays cleaner. Chain vapors would also get more dirt from the heavy use.

Just some thoughts.

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
One of the best setups ever. Love the ELA with the Squape.

I love the ELA with anything on it ;-) But I must say I am not at all in love with the Squape. Was very excited to try it after seeing the design, but it just doesn't wick for crap for me with silica and I really haven't got much liking for cotton lately, though I hear that's the way to go with that atty

jamesd1628

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
Definitely cotton for me. I've never gotten a dry hit on the squape. I've flooded it a few times, but even that is rare. Easy to set up, easy to fill, great performance. Definitely my current fave. On a Shockwave, it's an all day setup with one fill.

I love the ELA with anything on it ;-) But I must say I am not at all in love with the Squape. Was very excited to try it after seeing the design, but it just doesn't wick for crap for me with silica and I really haven't got much liking for cotton lately, though I hear that's the way to go with that atty

Killjoy1

Ω Destroyer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 15, 2011
New Hampshire, US
I'll definitely give it a go with cotton before I decide its final fate, of course. With silica, it was a couple of awesome vapes and then dry hit city for me no matter how low the wattage I was pushing through it. Tried multiple builds and different consistency juices. I've certainly got enough RBAs to keep me happy, but I still have a little bit of the "new toy" fever so still like to try out new things

Magic Dragon Puff

ECF Veteran
Jun 29, 2013
Scotts Valley, CA, USA
i was just thinking about why some of our ELAs get so dirty. I think its a combo of vaping styles and what type of atomizers we use combined with our skin chemistry.

I use an Odysseus most of the time, and its a 510 air draw type. I figure that it is condensation that plays a big part. I know that sometimes I can see vapor come out from the bottom and most likely some goes into the tube compartment. I also notice while I take a draw and exhale the thick vapor surrounds my ELA and its logical that it might cover the ELA with vapor film.

Those that use Kayfuns and drippers that draw air from the side of tank or cover get less if any condensation in the top connection so top stays cleaner. Chain vapors would also get more dirt from the heavy use.

Just some thoughts.

... all of that I'm sure PLUS you peeps just love to fondle and handle your ELAs.
To the point where your mind will conjure up something so you can take it apart, play with it, and put it back together again :)

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
I'll definitely give it a go with cotton before I decide its final fate, of course. With silica, it was a couple of awesome vapes and then dry hit city for me no matter how low the wattage I was pushing through it. Tried multiple builds and different consistency juices. I've certainly got enough RBAs to keep me happy, but I still have a little bit of the "new toy" fever so still like to try out new things

Only one thing to say. Micro coil and sterile cotton. Only way to go for me. Some like it. Some hate it. YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread