Project Platinum Revival Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iken

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2009
PA,USA
In the upcoming days folks who are accustomed and very knowledgeable in the use of cartomizers will be receiving their test models to report their findings to help us focus in certain aspects to enhance the experience.

The beta models have been designed by us and the internals are from here in the good ol' US leaving only the shell and 510 connection being manufactured by the factory, the rest is just assembled. By personal testing and creating, I think we may of hit the mark but as always, a successful product should take more than just the creator's opinion. In the past this theory has been proven time and time again and without you guys including your opinions, love and support IKV wouldn't be where it is today. Meaning it's a cornerstone of ours to listen to our customers' feedback and ideas and try to bring them to fruition.

Project Platinum:

We have worked very hard on these models not only to revive the infamous Platinum cartomizer but to enhance it to todays standards. To thrive in the current vaping market that has been flooded with so many advances with the key features in mind for simplicity and high performance.

The current testing batch are unpunched versions with a new nonflammable batting to ward against scorching while retaining to be organic.
The coils are also new, the material's key is to sustain known liquids that cause deterioration, have the ability to be self cleaning and deliver a high end performance. The solder is also perfect to keep the current at its purest without over burdening the coils.
We have installed a food grade grommet just underneath the white mouthpiece, this extra component is made to prevent e-liquid from flooding into the users mouth for security. Please feel free to remove it if desired. Just let us know if you find this component worthy or hindering. This is where the simplicity comes into effect. The goal is to allow the user to fill/refill the cartomizer using the bottom fed method by filling the existing cap and pressing the bottom of the Platinum cartomizer into the created pool. They are rated at 2.5Ω to give you the best range in applied current.

The reason for the models being unpunched is to apply as much as stress as possible on the internal components in a small closed environment relying on only 3 sources for ventilation basically the unpunched version will be testing not only the coils and how they react to the enclosed space but the battings' absorbency and delivery without an external source of liquid.

Testers, we have supplied 5 of each for you to play around with to give you guys more freedom such as punching a few of them, or using them on a bottom fed device etc Please use liquids exclusively.A good example would be if you are using cinnamon, please use it on only one cartomizer rather than all of them. This would keep isolating issues (if any were to arise) much easier.

For obvious reasons, I cannot go into specifics on fine details as much as I would love to because in this thriving market we have to protect ourselves without patents though it is difficult not too. The innovations on these is overwhelming and honestly I just want to shout it all out.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Hopping on this vape train! Choo choo!!! I'm currently in Rhode Island but Isaac did ask if I would check these out. As soon as I am home I will break them open and fill them with some good ol' IKV ry4 and give my feedback.

As I've done with previous beta testing I will have as much information posted as possible... And depending on how many Isaac has sent will determine how destructive I'll get with them. Stay tuned! I will be back on Thursday evening and am very anxious to break these open!

5cardstud

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 1, 2010
Wash
Hopping on this vape train! Choo choo!!! I'm currently in Rhode Island but Isaac did ask if I would check these out. As soon as I am home I will break them open and fill them with some good ol' IKV ry4 and give my feedback.

As I've done with previous beta testing I will have as much information posted as possible... And depending on how many Isaac has sent will determine how destructive I'll get with them. Stay tuned! I will be back on Thursday evening and am very anxious to break these open!

He sent everyone that's testing a box of 5. Oh except for me, I got 35. He knows how hard I test things. No I'm just kidding.
laughing-pointing-smiley_zps14f03def.gif

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Alright so initial results are in. I received five carto's from Isaac and I must say - these are probably the best carto's I've used to date. I can't comment on the longevity of them... but these test units so far outperform even the Fusion line for me. The absorption rate of the filler is insane. I haven't cut the first one open yet (will be tomorrow, will use the Dremel when the rest of the house is awake). Drip filling each of them yielded varying results anywhere from 35 drops to 42 drops out of the four I am vaping on.

Resistance Checking --

#1: 2.4 ohms dry. This will be my tear down carto.
#2: 2.5 ohms filled with IKV RY4
#3: 2.6 ohms filled with VaporGod Arctic Wolf
#4: 2.3 ohms filled with IKV RY4
#5: 2.4 ohms filled with VaporGod Arctic Wolf

Both juices are very thin - I am more of a PG vaper as too much VG makes me gag. So far I have been using carto #2 for about an hour and haven't had to refill and it tastes absolutely delicious. Like the very first time I ever used IKV RY4. One thing worth mentioning with these test carto's I received - they all came with secondary silicone rings installed (for bottom feeding/condom sleeve filling) and I've already suggested to Isaac to possibly remove these to extend the air tube and add a little more filler for adding more juice. Seems I can use these anywhere from 7 watts to 9 watts before they get too hot - definitely recommend a drip tip for hotter vape sessions.

Pics / Vids:

20140725_012650.jpg

20140725_012741.jpg

20140725_012858.jpg

Last edited:

FranC

Long time vaper.
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Oct 1, 2010
    New Hampshire
    Carto one
    2.5 ohm filled
    Plain-no punch,slot,tank
    Juice-Sunset Cavendish from Hurricane Vapor. 50/50

I tried various setting and settled on 3.8V as giving me the best taste. I'm not a big tobacco vapor but the juice actually tastes good. So I'm getting great taste,great vapor. Only filled this an hour ago but it's lookin good.

loft

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jan 31, 2011
    CT
    I will be testing some more once I go home and grab my ego twist. Think that will be beneficial since it will be under 4.3 volts. Juice consumption isn't too crazy, I've only had to top this ry4 carto off three times since last night and I've been using it religiously since I filled it. One thing to note - I haven't had any juice pool at the top of the carto to indicate I dripped too much. It literally absorbs it and shoots the excess out of the 510 connector. Not necessarily a down side seeing as they absorb so well. Just have to pay attention.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread