Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazmelda

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 18, 2011
Ohio
I much prefer the protank over the vivi nova. Because of the top coils on the vivi you have to make sure you tip it to keep the coils wet. The vape is warmer, which can be good. The protank for me is less fiddly. You don't have to tip, tip, tip. Many people love the vivis though. Cons for the protank would be the airy vape, which you can either get used to, or there are some simple fixes for it.

dbower

Sep 20, 2012
Santa Fe, NM
I've been vaping for almost a year. I started with egos with Stardust type tanks. After a few months I upgraded to a VV device, and then my wife bought me an evic. Since my first upgrade, I had been trying the vivi-nova tanks, and ended up with a total of five that took three different styles of heads. None of them compare to the protank that I got about a month ago. For me, flavor is better, the vapor production is more consistent, and the lack of being able to change out drip tips was of no consequence since I am a fan of metal tips. You'll have to make your own judgement, but for me, I was at the end of my rope with the vivi nova's. Now I am a much more satisfied vaper!

Kabooma

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2013
Eastern PA
Option C - EVOD. Protanks leak all over the place. Novas leak less, but get clogged up too easily. EVODs never seem to leak, and have a more consistent draw and flavor. At first I didn't like them.. got teh burnt taste thing, but was able to get past it.. when the novas get the burnt taste, it never comes out and you end up replacing heads frequently. All this is my experience.. YMMV

VapHer

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 16, 2013
Houston, TX
Option C - EVOD. Protanks leak all over the place. Novas leak less, but get clogged up too easily. EVODs never seem to leak, and have a more consistent draw and flavor. At first I didn't like them.. got teh burnt taste thing, but was able to get past it.. when the novas get the burnt taste, it never comes out and you end up replacing heads frequently. All this is my experience.. YMMV

You can use an EVOD on a K100 mod?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Jeffafa

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Williamsburg, VA, USA
I tried Protank, its only OK, Once I got rid of the metal taste, I noticed that the flavor of my favorite juices were muted. The Vivi Nova on the other hand, has no metal taste, and the flavor is pretty great. I never tasted my juice like this. Now I just received my Vivi Nova today, and as of now its pretty great. I used the Protank for 3 weeks, and its not even close. I will have to see how long the greatness of the Vivi last....Stay tuned.......

Last edited:

Thunderball

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2013
Grayson, Georgia
Pro tank Hands down for me. New models have never leaked for me. The early models had a seal problem at the glass. The new, New New ones are being shipped here now. Juicemafia has a pre sale going on. They come completely apart ( including glass with seals) and have removable drip tips. The airy draw is gone ( I hate that part)

Vivi Novas...didn't care for..... in my drawer.

So glad they make so much stuff, cause we are all so different.

Nightshard

ECF Veteran
May 31, 2013
Israel
Comparing vivi nova to protank is like comparing apples to oranges:)
Vivi is a top coil tight draw and protank is a bottom coil airy draw.
I'm using both and I like both, but they are very different.
Many people don't like protank at first because they are not used to the airy draw, but that's something you get used to.
Some juice flavors taste muted in the protank, but others actually taste better, it's just a matter of personal preference.

v1k1ng1001

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 17, 2012
Edinburg, TX
I love my protank because I vape mostly methol-based flavors and the protank delivers a voluminous, cool, airy draw. That said, it's not for everyone.

The protank mini (EGO-threaded and smaller/narrower to be flush with EGO batteries) will give you a tighter draw.

You can make some modifications to tighten up the draw a bit but the protank is generally not going to give you a warm vape. Dialing up the wattage leads to burnt juice in my experience.

Oh, and the metallic taste of the protank has to do with production residue. Wash it out before you fill it for the first time. Again, some folks just don't like metal anywhere near their mouths but I prefer it.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Might depend on your liquids too. Using 100 VG I found Vivi Nova's to be nothing but an exercise in frustration - limited vapor and then going dry, constantly tipping the thing trying to get the wick to get more liquid at the coil. I spent more time not vaping than vaping. T3's and ProTanks? Consistent, wonderfully consistent performance and vapor production. I must be doing something really, really bad 'cause after using them since March I have yet to see any leaking. lol

Opinions aside, for the $$$ involved there is no reason to not try both and see which type floats your boat. (I'm sailing on the SS Kanger.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread