Protank vs. Vivi Nova?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Equus5O

ECF Veteran
Iv'e been using the Vivi Nova now for almost a week, seems the coil gets Clogged quickly, great flavor for a couple of days, then it drops off very fast. When you first fill it, its pretty great.

I clean mine about every two days. I'm no expert, but two days of chain vaping on one coil seems pretty fair.

nctrekken

ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Fayetteville, NC
Remember there are different versions of the Vivi. Smoktech and Visions. I've had both and I have to say the Vision is far better quality than the Smoktech. Smoktech leaks and the shell has crack all the way through twice (not the e-liquid, tried in the Vision tank with no problem). Also the Vision wicks are far better. Never get a bad hit with the Vision. It has a small round wick around the string wicks. It allows constant liquid at the coils.

Just did get a Kanger tank (free giveaway at a vape meeting). It's alright. As some have said lots of air on the draw, but vapor production is satifiying. I will keep trying it to see if I like it enough to get another, but in my opinion nothing yet has beat the Vision Vivi Nova Tank setup.

sethkal

ECF Veteran
Jan 24, 2012
New Jersey
I have both a vivi-nova and kanger protank.

Personally on my ego-twist the mini vivi nova is amzing because it is small and really portable still producing tons of vapor and throat hit.
At the same time, on my VAMO V3 which is vari-wattage, the protank performs drastically better at 8.5w and on my k100 with the kick it also performs phenomenal - lighter draw than the vivi nova tank.

I suggest the pro tank if you have a solid VV APV or mod ... else get the nova for a ego

silkakc

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 19, 2010
Canandaigua, NY
Might depend on your liquids too. Using 100 VG I found Vivi Nova's to be nothing but an exercise in frustration - limited vapor and then going dry, constantly tipping the thing trying to get the wick to get more liquid at the coil. I spent more time not vaping than vaping. T3's and ProTanks? Consistent, wonderfully consistent performance and vapor production. I must be doing something really, really bad 'cause after using them since March I have yet to see any leaking. lol

Opinions aside, for the $$$ involved there is no reason to not try both and see which type floats your boat. (I'm sailing on the SS Kanger.)

I've been dripping for almost 3 years and I use 100% VG on a variable voltage mod with a recessed drip well. Would the vapor be just as warm and copious using a T3 or ProTank?

Thanks,
Lori

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I've been dripping for almost 3 years and I use 100% VG on a variable voltage mod with a recessed drip well. Would the vapor be just as warm and copious using a T3 or ProTank?

Thanks,
Lori

It's not far off, if at all. I'd been dripping exclusively on to a Cisco 306 for more than a year until last weekend when I started using an EVOD, MT3, and since yesterday, a Pro Tank II. Out of the three, the EVOD has the warmest vape, but the Pro Tanks is still comparable. I think the metal in the tank may cool it off a bit, but it's far from a cold vape. I think the EVOD vapes warmer than the Cisco 306. The Pro Tank is more similar in temperature to dripping on the 306, but maybe slightly cooler.

I can say this -- after using the BCC tanks for a few days, I am finished with dripping on the 306s. I am most happy with the EVOD and Pro Tank. The MT3 isn't bad at all and I would be perfectly happy using it, but the EVOD and Pro Tank are better.

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
I've pretty much exclusively used Vision Vivi Novas (and don't bother getting the knockoffs). I have never had one clog. I never had one crack. And I have about 25 of them.

Sometimes the Vivi Novas leak out of the top. I unscrew the top, wipe it out, then put a napkin or kleenex in the hole where the drip tip goes, and swab it out. I put the drip tip back on, blow through it on a napkin, then it is fine.

I saw a great deal on a ProTank but if you guys say it has an airy vape, I'm not going to try it. This place Kanger Protank 2 | PV Tanks | KokoVapes.com has the Protank 2 for $17.50 and 20% off until Saturday (8/16). Coupon code is FB20 which brings the price to $14.00.

Jeffafa

Verified Member
Jun 19, 2013
Williamsburg, VA, USA
I tried Protank, its only OK, Once I got rid of the metal taste, I noticed that the flavor of my favorite juices were muted. The Vivi Nova on the other hand, has no metal taste, and the flavor is pretty great. I never tasted my juice like this. Now I just received my Vivi Nova today, and as of now its pretty great. I used the Protank for 3 weeks, and its not even close. I will have to see how long the greatness of the Vivi last....Stay tuned.......
On further review, I am still liking the Vivi Nova, but it leaks a little, and the coils seem to need a cleaning very frequently. But I still use it because of the flavor I get from this tank. If I could get the flavor of a Vivi Nova, with the construction of the Protank, I think I would be one of Protanks biggest fans. The perfect tank has not yet been produced, got to take the good with the bad, I will stick to what ever gives me the best flavor.

Last edited:

sandybeach

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
Chicago
If I get a dry hit, I take the rubber gasket off and put a drop or two of juice on the coil. Sometimes I notice the gasket isn't seated properly and I push it down then it is okay.

You guys know the little metal piece gets placed in like a cup with the little edges up, right? It took me awhile to find that out.

joeboy

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2009
upstate new york
Ive used Vivi Nova's for quite awhile now and just got a pro tank 2 and have had nothing but problems with it.. maybe luck of the draw but its a major fail for me. Vivi's can be quirky but never had a problem in over a year with them. So for me the Vivi still reigns king, hopefully I can figure out why the pro tank 2 .. tastes like burnt rubber.. gurgles and leaks.. muted flavor.. and yes, I've watched all the videos on them and tried all the fixes and nothing seems consistent with it. Even rebuilt one of the heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread