Status
Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
otello, I am still thinking this issue because I am afraid that people will open often the electronic part to clean brass tube and they will damage it at the end. Of course we will lose a little electrical and thermal conductivity but thats life.

I wanted to make proteus the best of the best from all angles but sometimes customers put limits on what we can do

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
ok guys, we will see together what will finally do. Maybe on preorders you can chose your favorite style:)

Also a guy informed me that the moving electronic part is not my innovation because already exists on semovar, that is made from the kayfun guy. I am really sorry that I thought that I was the first one on this and my apologies to the kayfun guy.

I hope that all the rest like: size, mech button, and the way electronic part is secured in its tube are all new things, made by us.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
ok guys, we will see together what will finally do. Maybe on preorders you can chose your favorite style:)

Also a guy informed me that the moving electronic part is not my innovation because already exists on semovar, that is made from the kayfun guy. I am really sorry that I thought that I was the first one on this and my apologies to the kayfun guy.

I hope that all the rest like: size, mech button, and the way electronic part is secured in its tube are all new things, made by us.

I like the idea of keeping the tradition by offering both SS and Brass version.
Looks like I will be buying more than one after all. :facepalm:
And yes, I will need the second number back, Imeo. :D

As for the apologies about the Semovar, it's great that you put that out there quickly. It doesn't take away any credit, but a simple gesture like this keeps everyone happy. If others who copy your idea do the same in return, it would be a fair deal. :D

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
otello, I am still thinking this issue because I am afraid that people will open often the electronic part to clean brass tube and they will damage it at the end. Of course we will lose a little electrical and thermal conductivity but thats life.

I wanted to make proteus the best of the best from all angles but sometimes customers put limits on what we can do

Well, unfortunately I understand very well your concerns; let's face the reality and admit most people just make silly things. ;)
Most people use wrong or inadeguate tools (are you sure it was a good idea to show how to open the locking ring using scissors, BTW? :p )
In case of elechtronic circuits, we have the static issue, too: most people don't care to discharge theyr body from static elechtricity before touching a circuit and, if they damage it, refure to understand that they made the damage.
On the other hand, maybe the circuit of Proteus easy to disassemble, maybe, will save the complete center unit from baths in isopropyl alcohol (a must for Provari users ;) )

I don't know, I understand the concern, but from the very beginning we always saw Proteus with the brass center unit; dunping it when you are at version beta 0.999999 is a cruelty for brass lovers like me ;)
(on my side I expected the brass option for the other spares, too, for making the full brass.)
Of course, the best solution would be to have both options.
Mmmm, why not 3? I'd LOVE an extra light all aluminum Proteus! :headbang:

<---cop

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2011
Australia
Mmmm, why not 3? I'd LOVE an extra light all aluminum Proteus! :headbang:

standing-ovation.gif

Otello

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2013
Roma - Italy
www.facebook.com
Dear Stelios, I'm very busy with MY bank account! ;)

But, well, I admit: I went completely crazy for the Alu GGTS.
At the beginning I underestimated the Alu. units, I bought them only to complete the collection; then, when I got the 3 units without serial I started using them for vaping and they were delicious in the hand, I don't know how to explain...
So I fell in love with Alu and I'd like to have the opportunity to get other Alu. GGs; Proteus, Esterigon, even J-GG, and why not an Alu 4in1 without center pin "just for collectors" needing spares? ;)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
thank you zero. I dont think that anyone else wants to do that but if it happened I would have taken a lot of apologies lol.
Anyway, we have to be fair always. Its a serious part of the game
I like the idea of keeping the tradition by offering both SS and Brass version.
Looks like I will be buying more than one after all. :facepalm:
And yes, I will need the second number back, Imeo. :D

As for the apologies about the Semovar, it's great that you put that out there quickly. It doesn't take away any credit, but a simple gesture like this keeps everyone happy. If others who copy your idea do the same in return, it would be a fair deal. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread