Status
Not open for further replies.

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
This will be hard for some of you to believe but I made it through an entire 8 1/2 hour work shift on ONE 14500. Granted, they don't pay me to vape and I was vaping 24mg unflavored WTA juice but there you have it. Red light started blinking when I got in the car to go home.

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
It's been said before... only NEW genuine AW batteries would work!
Unfortunately I throw away 4 AW two years old :(
Βut Proteus works fine now :)
I've got some of the new, genuine, AW batteries, but they still show the red light while vaping, either immediately, or after hitting it a couple times. That is with several different builds.

Looks like I'll have to get some Efest batteries.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
I finally got Proteus to vape, but the the light blinks red with every drag off of it. I only get between 4 and 10 hits off of each battery before it says my battery is too low to vape, and that's at the lowest possible temperature setting. I have 7 batteries of different age and mAh that I keep cycling through. They are all genuine AW batteries.

It's getting a little frustrating, so I just keep going back to my JGG/Ithaka combo.

A red blink means VIR can't heat the coil fast enough. It can be because of too thick wires, too many spires, too much liquid on the wick.
What you describe is exactly what I use to have when using thick wires (0.6 mm). It all went fine when I used thinner wires (0.3 mm). Hope you'll sort it out.

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Hi all, I've a question about the vent holes on proteus. On mine, it seems they're either closed, or extremely tight. When the bottom cap is closed and I try to blow in the tube (on the end where VIR would be), I simply cant. No air can go through the closed tube.
Is it an isolated defect of my bottom cap, or it is designed that way?

Reactions: imeothanasis

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Hi all, I've a question about the vent holes on proteus. On mine, it seems they're either closed, or extremely tight. When the bottom cap is closed and I try to blow in the tube (on the end where VIR would be), I simply cant. No air can go through the closed tube.
On mine I can blow fairly freely through it, even with a battery inserted.

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
My Proteus #45 arrived 10 days ago but I still wait for the bateries.

In the mean time I have ordered Penelope Mini (hour ago) so soon I will have everything for ideal vaping experience. :)

I'm just sad that my Tilemahos X1 didn't arrived yet. :(

Only thing left for me is to get Esterigon for Tilemahos and I'm all set... except for VIR for Esterigon. :thumbs:

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
On mine I can blow fairly freely through it, even with a battery inserted.
thanks for the feedback ... Imeo, any suggestion? I'm happy to get a replacement cap even without any number, I have a terrible experience with the seller I got my 2 proteus and would like not to go through him anymore for defects (if possible).

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
It seems like a tight battery monk. Did you change caps and batteries between your 2 Proteus?

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
Last edited:

fright88

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2011
Loveland CO
Looks like I was right. It was the batteries. I got my new batteries today and gave them a charge. Proteus has been vaping like a champ all day. Makes me even more excited for a VIR adapter for Esterigon then I can use my favorite atomizer with it!

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO
Looks like I was right. It was the batteries. I got my new batteries today and gave them a charge. Proteus has been vaping like a champ all day. Makes me even more excited for a VIR adapter for Esterigon then I can use my favorite atomizer with it!
I agree. I got my 4 new AWs in yesterday and they make a large difference. I also have 4 efests on the way so I can compare the brands.

All this week I have taken Proteus to work. I wondered if that was going to be possible, it is! And now that I've done it I found it not only possible, but preferable!

blackwater

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 19, 2011
NH
www.blackwatersound.com

Which ones did you get fright?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread