Norman, Oklahoma, United States

snork

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2011
CO

Here is Imeo's response to a question about flat top batteries:

no flat top buddy, only batteries with pin. Proteus has a very tight tolerance, so prefere the AW ones. Efest will fit too

Some things are rather murky. It seemed someone in this thread has reported that flats will work. I'll tell you when my efests arrive, they're flat and I purposely chose them flat in the interests of science.
Some people like efests button tops over AW, others vice versa. If you can't find other button tops rather than AW please don't hesitate to buy them, the AWs I have are great.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
No Imeo, there's no battery when I blow in the tube.
Could it be that holes are missing on that bottom cap?
View attachment 575169
then its a faulty cap monk. Please ask your seller to send you a new one. But you will loose your serial like this :(

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Could you please make me one?

While we are on the subject...hybrid base for Cybrillion and 23mm Tile?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
no plans for this too Kei, sorry buddy :(

You have to know that I only make big quantities of everything. If I make only 1 piece, it will cost you 500 euros maybe!

keighles

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2011
Maryland
sure kei but we still have to wait for this buddy. I am now making something new. After this we can see options for existing GG constructions
Sounds good. If you would like me to start a thread for those items. Let me know. Or start it yourself when you are ready... I have no problem waiting. I'm not going anywhere.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Getting some odd behavior from the Proteus. It will display the temperature randomly for no reason. It will change the temperature for no reason. It will occasionally lock itself for no reason. Sometimes you can only get into the increase temperature menu, when you were trying to get into the decrease temperature menu. The temperature control doesn't seem to be working consistently, which may be responsible for some spitting. A setting of 180C appears to frequently result in a much hotter vape than a setting of 230C (which might be too cold to do anything). Some of these problems are intermittent. Some aren't. It appears as if the Proteus has a mind of its own. I have a second, so I'm going to switch to it for awhile and see if this behavior continues with the second one, but I suspect a problem with this one's board. There is no "cigarette length" period in which the Proteus doesn't do one of these odd things. Is anyone else noticing this behavior?

woita

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Ohio
I have these button-issue very rarely, too. I.e. I end up in Menu when I don't want to or similar.
I've figured that it will probably need a button cleaning.

But the button is the only thing on my Proteus I haven't taken apart. Is taking it apart shown in any vid from you, Imeo? I vaguely recall that you did take it apart in some early video.

Well, I check back on disassembling the button once this issue gets annoying. As long as it's a once-a-day event I'm not taking apart anything :)

How do you clean it, btw? Mesh? Or just a bit alcohol on a q-tip?

Reactions: imeothanasis
Ok, so Proteus + Penny v4 #2 is working just fine. No odd button issues. Also getting much less spitting, but this is perhaps because of the new coil wrap. (What seems to be working very well is using 3mm Titanium G1 with about 9-10 2.5mm wraps @ .64 ohms.) I expect spitting to be eliminated on this coil after I switch to a 70/30 VG/PG mixture (currently using 50/50). So this is good news.

So it looks like the menu and temperature control issues are restricted to Proteus + Penny V4 #1. There's no shorting going on (as evidenced by no change in resistance), so it's almost definitely not that. (Also, shouldn't Proteus not vape if there's a short?) Perhaps it is a button issue, but I'm very reticent to try to pop out the VIR without a video... Any help from someone more adventurous? Or maybe Imeo? =)

Ariel_MX

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2010
Guadalajara, México
Yes, it is very easy, you just have to unscrew the small disc and push the VIR from the other side.

4g8x0.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread