The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Proteus official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Apr 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Efest 700 Mah button tops.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Joshua T Clark

Joshua T Clark Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

3. snork

snork Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    CO
    I don't believe protected batteries will work in Proteus.
    My efests haven't arrived so I can't say whether they're any better than AW, but I can say without a doubt that new fresh batteries are a must. All four of my new 650 mAh AWs perform phenomenally.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Joshua T Clark

Joshua T Clark Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

I also found these: 14500 Battery 3.7V Li-ion Best Rechargeable SANYO (AA Size)

5. snork

snork Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 30, 2011
    CO
    Here is Imeo's response to a question about flat top batteries:

Some things are rather murky. It seemed someone in this thread has reported that flats will work. I'll tell you when my efests arrive, they're flat and I purposely chose them flat in the interests of science.
    Some people like efests button tops over AW, others vice versa. If you can't find other button tops rather than AW please don't hesitate to buy them, the AWs I have are great.

• Like Like x 2
  6. keighles

keighles Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 2, 2011
    Maryland
    Could you please make me one?

While we are on the subject...hybrid base for Cybrillion and 23mm Tile?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  7. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    then its a faulty cap monk. Please ask your seller to send you a new one. But you will loose your serial like this :(

8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    no plans for this too Kei, sorry buddy :(

You have to know that I only make big quantities of everything. If I make only 1 piece, it will cost you 500 euros maybe!

9. keighles

May 2, 2011
    Maryland
    Would you do this if enough GG owners request these items?

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    sure kei but we still have to wait for this buddy. I am now making something new. After this we can see options for existing GG constructions

• Like Like x 2
  11. keighles

May 2, 2011
    Maryland
    Sounds good. If you would like me to start a thread for those items. Let me know. Or start it yourself when you are ready... I have no problem waiting. I'm not going anywhere.

• Like Like x 2
  12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    we can do that kei but a little later. We can make the usual list of missing GG items that will include new items too like the ones you mention :)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Heathbar

Heathbar Full Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Getting some odd behavior from the Proteus. It will display the temperature randomly for no reason. It will change the temperature for no reason. It will occasionally lock itself for no reason. Sometimes you can only get into the increase temperature menu, when you were trying to get into the decrease temperature menu. The temperature control doesn't seem to be working consistently, which may be responsible for some spitting. A setting of 180C appears to frequently result in a much hotter vape than a setting of 230C (which might be too cold to do anything). Some of these problems are intermittent. Some aren't. It appears as if the Proteus has a mind of its own. I have a second, so I'm going to switch to it for awhile and see if this behavior continues with the second one, but I suspect a problem with this one's board. There is no "cigarette length" period in which the Proteus doesn't do one of these odd things. Is anyone else noticing this behavior?

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I had this behavior too Heat. The reasons behind the menu is that the brass part of button needs some cleaning and the reason behind the temp is that Penelope has a short. If you try another atomizer, it will work ok I suppose

• Like Like x 1
  15. woita

woita Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    I have these button-issue very rarely, too. I.e. I end up in Menu when I don't want to or similar.
    I've figured that it will probably need a button cleaning.

But the button is the only thing on my Proteus I haven't taken apart. Is taking it apart shown in any vid from you, Imeo? I vaguely recall that you did take it apart in some early video.

Well, I check back on disassembling the button once this issue gets annoying. As long as it's a once-a-day event I'm not taking apart anything :)

How do you clean it, btw? Mesh? Or just a bit alcohol on a q-tip?

• Like Like x 1
  16. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    you just take off the VIR, you clean carefully with mesh the brass pin that button touches and then you put some mesh inside the empty brass tube and clean the button Woita. Its really easy :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. woita

woita Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Sep 20, 2014
    Ohio
    Thx, Imeo. So I just leave the button in - good idea :)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Heathbar

Heathbar Full Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Ok, so Proteus + Penny v4 #2 is working just fine. No odd button issues. Also getting much less spitting, but this is perhaps because of the new coil wrap. (What seems to be working very well is using 3mm Titanium G1 with about 9-10 2.5mm wraps @ .64 ohms.) I expect spitting to be eliminated on this coil after I switch to a 70/30 VG/PG mixture (currently using 50/50). So this is good news.

So it looks like the menu and temperature control issues are restricted to Proteus + Penny V4 #1. There's no shorting going on (as evidenced by no change in resistance), so it's almost definitely not that. (Also, shouldn't Proteus not vape if there's a short?) Perhaps it is a button issue, but I'm very reticent to try to pop out the VIR without a video... Any help from someone more adventurous? Or maybe Imeo? =)

19. Heathbar

Heathbar Full Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Chicago, IL, USA
    I found this:

If you watch for a minute from the 1h25m point, you can see the VIR being popped out. It looks like it unscrews, and Imeo doesn't seem to be being too careful with it?

20. Ariel_MX

Ariel_MX Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2010
    Guadalajara, México
    Yes, it is very easy, you just have to unscrew the small disc and push the VIR from the other side.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2