* pretentious useless 17/18mm simple mods,
* a minivan full of 18350 batteries

..... ;) '

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
Interesting Aalwani.

I have searched a few times for a clear reference or some formula that shows the correlation between higher voltage & lower amps vs. lower voltage & higher amps at a given Wattage with regards to battery life.

Or in other words; say at 10 Watts, what would give the best battery life, a higher resistance coil with (thus) higher voltage & lower amps or a lower resistance coil with (thus) lower voltage & more amps.

Do you know where I could find such reference? (if it exists) I'm a sucker for facts... :)

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
Interesting Aalwani.

I have searched a few times for a clear reference or some formula that shows the correlation between higher voltage & lower amps vs. lower voltage & higher amps at a given Wattage with regards to battery life.

Or in other words; say at 10 Watts, what would give the best battery life, a higher resistance coil with (thus) higher voltage & lower amps or a lower resistance coil with (thus) lower voltage & more amps.

Do you know where I could find such reference? (if it exists) I'm a sucker for facts... :)

Well the only reference is ohm's law. But the numbers differ from Mechanical to VV/VW although the logic and conclusion is the same. Let's take your 10 Watts example. High Voltage low amps will always be better in terms of battery life. In a mechanical wattage amps and volts will be variable according to battery capacity but let's say you are calculating at 3.7V. At 3.7V you would need 2.7 Amps to get the 10 watts which is 1.37 ohms. Now if you stack the batteries you are at 7.4V nominal, you would need 1.35 amps and a resistance of 5.48 ohms. So as you see when you go high voltage you will spare your battery at a given wattage.

But this is not the only factor that is important. Wire gauge and the way you make your coil is also important. As i noted before thicker wires need more wattage for example. Plus you need to consider how much coverage you are making with your coil etc... Check this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coil-builds/541616-hv-microcoils.html

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Big devices are easy to be made and thats why all people focus on them Random. The small ones are almost impossible to be made.
As for fat devices, I dont really like them, thats why I made esterigon.
And 26xxx devices are useless when we already have 18650 batteries
Awesome work, Imeo! I cannot wait! This is absolutely incredible! For so long, I have wanted a nice thin device, but was left with Ego Twists. Everyone seems to want to make 26650 mods, but they are so huge and ugly. Ugh! Now, we have something that is incredible and small and powerful. You are truly a genius! Thank you so much for what you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Sorry imeo here I meant the front button not the side button. Can you give us information about the front slim like button. Conductivity, tolerance etc...

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

sure aal.
Brass spring, very soft because conductivity doesnt depend on spring and tolerance 0,1mm from both sides of hole. But its not a usual button because NOT 2 rounded surfaces touch each other in one point as the usual buttons but a square surface touches another square surface, so the surface that metals touch each other is really huge

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I notice that battery cant give current even at 5 watts when it drops at 3,5 volts fog, so the cuttoff is at 3,5 volts
I just had the 4 video's for breakfast and I'm very impressed Imeo. Proteus will be an awesome device! :thumbs:

Very happy to read it has step down circuitry. What will be the cut off voltage Imeo? As the 14500s are small cells it would be great to pull as much from them as possible. I hope for something like 2.8V under load. Or even better, a controlled user setting?

I can't wait to start gaping with Proteus and my Penelope's!! :)

What will happen with the people that are already on the Serial list when the pre-ordering starts?

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
And thats something I say for about 2 years now aal but only a few people listen as always. The fat wires take much longer time to heat and the result is a poor lasting battery. Fortunately there are people like you that listen.
People of the Proteus. My advice to you today is use high gauges wires with this device. It will spare your battery in a considerable manner. In the electronics of vv vw devices if the proteus is a dc dc converter like other devices, it is the watts that decide how many amps is drawn from the battery. Using low gauge wires will require high wattage to heat. I will make microcoils with 32 gauge targeting 4+ ohms. But that's just me. If you are interested to know more check my thread HV microcoils to see how I ran a 6.5 ohms coil with only 7.5 watts for a performance of a 16 watt 28 gauge coil.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Bravo Imeo!! I couldn't be happier for you that you were able to bring your idea to life. And though the path may have been a long one it looks like the wait has paid off.

Thank you fright:)
All these innovations were made before 2 years but I see that still noone made something like this until today. Thats something if you agree. We are in front of our ages as we were always

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
I just checked, the Kick2 from Evolv drains the batt down to 2.7V under load and it keeps performing identical at 10W (1.6 coil) till the batt dies.
On the charger it reads 3.2 / 3.2 onloaded. I use it with 18350s that have a comparable capacity to 14500s. It get amazing batt life in this config.

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
we can make proteus work up to 3,2 volt drained battery fog but 14500 battery works up to 3,5 volts

Imeo have you tested proteus electronics with larger batteries? It would be interesting to see it running at full power and potential.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
yes, I have tested and they work smoothly at 25 watts aal. I now have to test it at 30 watts when the first sample will be ready in about 1-2 days. But I dont believe that I will have a problem at 30 watts.

Some people think that 30 watts are a lot for a 18650 battery. They dont really know the trick but I will explain to you more about it in 15 days

JMBH

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2014
Madrid , Spain
maybe I will not make a front button because I really hate them JM. Maybe I will make a mech button like esterigon has.

The reason that I made a video about the front button was only to show you that we can produce the smallest e-cig in the market, that is at 71,9mm.
Ok Imeo . I think that the 71.9 mm. option is still very convenient for pocket use and as an emergency use spare just in case something goes wrong with electronics . I personally will use proteus always with electronics . It is still very small . Mechanical button kept in pouch just for emergency. So if you make the mech. button like esterigon we have to add also a different bottom cap to lock the device right ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread