The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Proteus official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Apr 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. Corona Doble

Corona Doble Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    Paris, France
    'cause Proteus, to be sold vintage, old fashioned devices :

* front button mech mods with no air control,
    * colorfull ethnics engraved funkybling devices,
    * various leaking genesis atos,
    * optimistic VV-VW chinese regulated mods,
    * pretentious useless 17/18mm simple mods,
    * a minivan full of 18350 batteries

..... ;) '

2. FogNL

FogNL Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Interesting Aalwani.

I have searched a few times for a clear reference or some formula that shows the correlation between higher voltage & lower amps vs. lower voltage & higher amps at a given Wattage with regards to battery life.

Or in other words; say at 10 Watts, what would give the best battery life, a higher resistance coil with (thus) higher voltage & lower amps or a lower resistance coil with (thus) lower voltage & more amps.

Do you know where I could find such reference? (if it exists) I'm a sucker for facts... :)

3. fright88

fright88 Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    May 21, 2011
    Loveland CO
    Bravo Imeo!! I couldn't be happier for you that you were able to bring your idea to life. And though the path may have been a long one it looks like the wait has paid off.

4. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    Well the only reference is ohm's law. But the numbers differ from Mechanical to VV/VW although the logic and conclusion is the same. Let's take your 10 Watts example. High Voltage low amps will always be better in terms of battery life. In a mechanical wattage amps and volts will be variable according to battery capacity but let's say you are calculating at 3.7V. At 3.7V you would need 2.7 Amps to get the 10 watts which is 1.37 ohms. Now if you stack the batteries you are at 7.4V nominal, you would need 1.35 amps and a resistance of 5.48 ohms. So as you see when you go high voltage you will spare your battery at a given wattage.

But this is not the only factor that is important. Wire gauge and the way you make your coil is also important. As i noted before thicker wires need more wattage for example. Plus you need to consider how much coverage you are making with your coil etc... Check this thread http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/coil-builds/541616-hv-microcoils.html

5. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    justGG tubes and GGTS tubes will fit proteus electronics Otello

6. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Big devices are easy to be made and thats why all people focus on them Random. The small ones are almost impossible to be made.
    As for fat devices, I dont really like them, thats why I made esterigon.
    And 26xxx devices are useless when we already have 18650 batteries

7. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    sure aal.
    Brass spring, very soft because conductivity doesnt depend on spring and tolerance 0,1mm from both sides of hole. But its not a usual button because NOT 2 rounded surfaces touch each other in one point as the usual buttons but a square surface touches another square surface, so the surface that metals touch each other is really huge

8. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    I notice that battery cant give current even at 5 watts when it drops at 3,5 volts fog, so the cuttoff is at 3,5 volts

9. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    3.5V without load right? That is expected on such a small battery. I don't think it is an issue.

10. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    And thats something I say for about 2 years now aal but only a few people listen as always. The fat wires take much longer time to heat and the result is a poor lasting battery. Fortunately there are people like you that listen.

11. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    Thank you fright:)
    All these innovations were made before 2 years but I see that still noone made something like this until today. Thats something if you agree. We are in front of our ages as we were always

12. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    yes, without load of course aal.

13. FogNL

FogNL Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    I just checked, the Kick2 from Evolv drains the batt down to 2.7V under load and it keeps performing identical at 10W (1.6 coil) till the batt dies.
    On the charger it reads 3.2 / 3.2 onloaded. I use it with 18350s that have a comparable capacity to 14500s. It get amazing batt life in this config.

Sent from Tapatalk for iPhone

14. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    we can make proteus work up to 3,2 volt drained battery fog but 14500 battery works up to 3,5 volts

15. Aal_

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    Imeo have you tested proteus electronics with larger batteries? It would be interesting to see it running at full power and potential.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

16. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    yes, I have tested and they work smoothly at 25 watts aal. I now have to test it at 30 watts when the first sample will be ready in about 1-2 days. But I dont believe that I will have a problem at 30 watts.

Some people think that 30 watts are a lot for a 18650 battery. They dont really know the trick but I will explain to you more about it in 15 days

17. JMBH

JMBH Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Madrid , Spain
    Imeo , will Proteus come with electronics and mechanical button option as a kit ? Or mechanical option will be sold separately ? I would really like to have both options at once if possible .....

18. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    proteus is very expensive and I cant sell it in both configurations at the same price JM, so mechanical mode (the button in reality) will be sold separately. But button will not cost more than 25 euros as I see it

19. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    maybe I will not make a front button because I really hate them JM. Maybe I will make a mech button like esterigon has.

The reason that I made a video about the front button was only to show you that we can produce the smallest e-cig in the market, that is at 71,9mm.

20. JMBH

JMBH Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Madrid , Spain
    Ok Imeo . I think that the 71.9 mm. option is still very convenient for pocket use and as an emergency use spare just in case something goes wrong with electronics . I personally will use proteus always with electronics . It is still very small . Mechanical button kept in pouch just for emergency. So if you make the mech. button like esterigon we have to add also a different bottom cap to lock the device right ?