Proteus official

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Videos totally reminded me of my physics class in college. Professor explaining complex and fascinating things in very calm and easy way. Nothing flashy. Focus on the topic on hand, nothing else. Takes guts to do something like this and I enjoyed it very much. Cheers Imeo.

About Proteus.
I assume the contact with battery using a solid surface would yield greater conductivity. Dynamically adjusting center pin is a great concept and such a thin design is awesome. I can already see the industry copying this component in no time.
As for electronics, I haven't seen enough details to get too excited about. Single button design has been around for long time. And a bit lost with dropping of LED screen. Counting of flashing light to know the current voltage setting?
:confused:
After a bit of "what was he thinking" moment, I looked at my mods and realized I actually do my settings based on how the mod vape, not by the numbers. Recalling one of first statement made in the video.. ".. for advance users who knows what they are doing..". This is a bold move raising VV/VW mods to advance user level. However, I still can't get over the uncomfortable feeling of "blind setting" and notion of simplistic design taken too far. Maybe I have to use it to fully appreciate it. By the way, I went through a similar experience with another device called "iPhone" when it came out without the keyboard.

I am excited about this monumental step and a huge congratulation to Imeo. However, I am reserving the celebratory excitement until I have the device in my hand as there are still too many unknowns. I have no doubt Proteus will be an awesome mod. Just want my praise to be meaningful.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I wrote a big reply it was lost in Internet space. I hope I remember it all here it is:

First you have to make the 14650 battery extension. I think everyone would agree.

Second that was very impressive with the spring loaded application. It is a turning point in the mechanical world and engineering.

Third did you try the device with less than 0.4 ohms? What would happen? Would it not fire or it gives strange results?

Fourth does the device have any buck circuitry. As in firing at 2.5 volts for example? What happens if the calculated voltage is less than that of the battery.

Fifth what happens if I stack batteries? Will it fry the board or not function or maybe function better :D

Sixth do you have a spec sheet with input output voltage input output current etc...

Seventh Impressive work on the button it seems I can switch very fast between wattages.

Eighth regarding the mechanical button, you didn't mention it's conductivity. I would assume it has a certain drop in voltage because if the soft spring unless metal on metal contact is easy? What is the tolerance of the opening where the metal parts move?

:D

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

First you have to make the 14650 battery extension. I think everyone would agree.

proteus is very small so a 14650 battery will not look strange aal, so we can do that

Second that was very impressive with the spring loaded application. It is a turning point in the mechanical world and engineering.
Thanks a lot for the spring loaded application

Third did you try the device with less than 0.4 ohms? What would happen? Would it not fire or it gives strange results?

it gives a short circuit message. I didnt show you all the functions of its electronics. I will do that later

Fourth does the device have any buck circuitry. As in firing at 2.5 volts for example? What happens if the calculated voltage is less than that of the battery.

yes it has but we will talk later about this

Fifth what happens if I stack batteries? Will it fry the board or not function or maybe function better

It works with 2 batteries too but we will talk later about this too aal. And I will expain you why 2 batteries last more than one battery

Sixth do you have a spec sheet with input output voltage input output current etc...

later buddy:)

Seventh Impressive work on the button it seems I can switch very fast between wattages.

That had to be done because electronic buttons are not good on this issue

Eighth regarding the mechanical button, you didn't mention it's conductivity. I would assume it has a certain drop in voltage because if the soft spring unless metal on metal contact is easy? What is the tolerance of the opening where the metal parts move?

we dont care about button's electrical contactivity because button is used only to transfer your orders. It will work or it will not work, thats it. As for the tolerance of moving parts, they are 0,1mm from one side of the hole and 0,05mm from the other side. We cant make very tight tolerance from both sides of the hole because button will not be able to move correctly

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Thank you all for your nice comments guys.

As for the front button, I will make it just to show you that even if proteus has 2 very special spring loaded applications and air control too, it can be made at 71,9mm in total length. The smallest in the market. After that, we can make a side button exactly like its electronic part, for a real serious construction

Last edited:

RandomFellow

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
Plymouth, MI, USA
Awesome work, Imeo! I cannot wait! This is absolutely incredible! For so long, I have wanted a nice thin device, but was left with Ego Twists. Everyone seems to want to make 26650 mods, but they are so huge and ugly. Ugh! Now, we have something that is incredible and small and powerful. You are truly a genius! Thank you so much for what you do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
we dont care about button's electrical contactivity because button is used only to transfer your orders. It will work or it will not work, thats it. As for the tolerance of moving parts, they are 0,1mm from one side of the hole and 0,05mm from the other side. We cant make very tight tolerance from both sides of the hole because button will not be able to move correctly

Sorry imeo here I meant the front button not the side button. Can you give us information about the front slim like button. Conductivity, tolerance etc...

flavorjunkie

Verified Member
Oct 9, 2013
Virginia, USA
:)

free-MrBurnsExcellent.gif

FogNL

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2013
Amsterdam
I just had the 4 video's for breakfast and I'm very impressed Imeo. Proteus will be an awesome device! :thumbs:

Very happy to read it has step down circuitry. What will be the cut off voltage Imeo? As the 14500s are small cells it would be great to pull as much from them as possible. I hope for something like 2.8V under load. Or even better, a controlled user setting?

I can't wait to start gaping with Proteus and my Penelope's!! :)

What will happen with the people that are already on the Serial list when the pre-ordering starts?

Aal_

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2012
Toronto
People of the Proteus. My advice to you today is use high gauges wires with this device. It will spare your battery in a considerable manner. In the electronics of vv vw devices if the proteus is a dc dc converter like other devices, it is the watts that decide how many amps is drawn from the battery. Using low gauge wires will require high wattage to heat. I will make microcoils with 32 gauge targeting 4+ ohms. But that's just me. If you are interested to know more check my thread HV microcoils to see how I ran a 6.5 ohms coil with only 7.5 watts for a performance of a 16 watt 28 gauge coil.

Corona Doble

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 20, 2013
Paris, France
People of the Proteus. My advice to you today is use high gauges wires with this device. It will spare your battery in a considerable manner. In the electronics of vv vw devices if the proteus is a dc dc converter like other devices, it is the watts that decide how many amps is drawn from the battery. Using low gauge wires will require high wattage to heat. I will make microcoils with 32 gauge targeting 4+ ohms. But that's just me. If you are interested to know more check my thread HV microcoils to see how I ran a 6.5 ohms coil with only 7.5 watts for a performance of a 16 watt 28 gauge coil.

Interesting new parameters, thanks

Proteus is GG 3.0 ! (considering the couple Ithaka/jGG as the second part of GG major evolution)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread