The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Proteus official

Discussion in 'The GG' started by imeothanasis, Apr 1, 2014.

Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. imeothanasis

imeothanasis Unregistered Supplier ECF Veteran

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    yes that too Its :laugh::laugh:

2. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    yes, thats a good idea JM. :)

3. JMBH

JMBH Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 2, 2014
    Madrid , Spain
    Thanks Imeo.... :) . Just let us know how . Can't wait........

4. Corona Doble

Corona Doble Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    Paris, France
    ... If someone launch the idea to built a GO game with esterigon bottom caps ..... We'r dead. ;)

5. FogNL

FogNL Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    We're all different. I think it's way too big & dominant on a a small elegant device like Proteus. Old fashioned too. Reminds me of things like this.

[​IMG]

I always have to laugh when I see one. :rolleyes:

But I'm still dying to get Proteus! :thumb:

6. search92833

search92833 Full Member Verified Member

Jan 2, 2014
    Fullerton, Ca
    Imeo as usual, great video! Wonderful product, cant wait:)

7. Itshak

Itshak Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Israel
    I see your point FogNL considering the diameter of Proteus.
    The Classic wings style can't be too wide and highest as on old GGTS or els they will curve on the diameter.
    So they need to be somthing like Penelope V1 maybe.
    I'm sure Imeo is aware of that.

By the way your example is somthing I wouldn't use,I have 15 originals of them but only with the small font.
    Regarding the GG logo it happen that there are more then one versions that I like.
    And for me it's not on the horizontal/vertical topic but more about size and details!
    I like details and proportion in details,so there are some horizontal versions I don't like as well.
    "The GG" should be in size proportion to the wings on one side,and in proportion to all other TMF
    From the other side.
    Too big a wings don't leave space enough for details,or make should I say-details in proportion
    To each other.

For horizental version the one in dspin picture look to me the most proportional and fine from all others.
    Not too big a wings leave place for TMF and The GG spread around in proportion to the wings.

For vertical version my prefernce are well known to all,I find the JGG to be the best,not mimic some stylish present
    Mode,it stand a part from what on market and and got a carecter of is on, not rev... Of GGTS,I like it so!!!

Proteus/Esterigon are somthing steps above all others- it's must be make correct this time
    So if we go on horizental my opinion is that I would prefer the designe on the old GGTB but with the Penelope V1 wings.

8. blue_godz

blue_godz Full Member Verified Member

Nov 27, 2013
    expat, Germany
    hi guys, it would be nice to have a look at the new 18650 tube for just gg to see in which "engraving mood" Imeo is!

Note that the older wings on GGTS 2011 or AFS V2 are so fine and detailed. Probably it has already been discussed... What would it be with deep engravings?

9. Sfera72

Sfera72 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2012
    CH-Lucerne
    Proteus is still alive. :) Great work and after the longest time I ever wait, it come true to hope to get one. ;-)

10. Itshak

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Israel
    Now now hmm
    One???
    Hampty Dampt just by looking on the avatar One may think we're already in some kind of trouble here lol. :laugh:

11. Sfera72

Sfera72 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 22, 2012
    CH-Lucerne
    Not really, but who knows what will be in the future. ;-) Nice chess game.

12. Itshak

Supporting member
    Sep 11, 2013
    Israel
    Thx many,
    You are most welcome to participate any time.
    I imagine there is no issue of game Pieces variety on your 16's side of the board ;)

13. Dirts

Dirts Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2013
    FL, USA
    i was re-reading the thread and came across this comment again.

0.4-12.5 ohms, does this mean that proteus can fire 30w at 12.5 ohms? thats 19 volts :ohmy:!!, is this a typo? or will we have to wait until you explain electronics more?

14. ZeroOhms

ZeroOhms Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 9, 2014
    Los Angeles, CA, USA
    I think Imeo mentioned that the electronics itself is built to support the high wattage. only limitation on proteus is the slim battery. hence the recommendation is to use it at standard setting. once the electronics get adopted for standard size mods, who knows how far people will take it.

15. Aal_

Aal_ Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 5, 2012
    Greece
    Also he said the max voltage is 8 volts. So you will not be able to run the 12.5 ohms above 5 watts

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

16. Dirts

Dirts Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2013
    FL, USA
    So the max voltage is 8, thanks for clarifying.

17. imeothanasis

Feb 13, 2009
    Athens, Hellas
    guys, please check this:

max volt 8
    max ampere 8,3

that means that we can vape 0,45 ohm wire at 30 watts and 12,5 ohm at 5 watts. Of course every combination in the middle. For example, at 15 watts we can vape wires from 0,36 ohm to 4,3 ohm

18. tmccooljr

tmccooljr Senior Member ECF Veteran

19. AdamAnd

AdamAnd Super Member ECF Veteran

Apr 20, 2011
    Ajax, Canada
    Hmm maybe a Proteus in mechanical mod for 18650 bat with native and 510 connection use the same air ring and new spring design with two different threading piece's. Hmm battery could be on top or bottom

20. Corona Doble

Corona Doble Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 20, 2013
    Paris, France
    + 1 i can't agree more ...