Not open for further replies.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
Yeah i photo shopped it a skinny tiemahos would be lovely tho
Where are the other gg suppliers that have Penelope i neeeed one , I thought there was only the main store?

well I just ordered a penny from France in French , what do i win?
bitfumo may still have it and also Greek seller (Electronic Cigarette - Dr Anti-smoke - Dr Antismoke ) will have it in 3-4 days Dan.

By the way, I am glad that you finally find it on French GG seller! :)

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
Hi there, maybe my question already answered.

Just got today my new Proteus. Outstanding .....

I use it with Penelope v4 mini, but the little Princess is getting very hot.

Do somebody know how to solve this little problem ?

Regards Michael
She's been waiting this long! What do you expect?

Just kidding. I hope you find a solution. I wish I could be more helpful than throwing out slightly inappropriate comments.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com

Regards Michael
If you vape a lot then Penny as all thin atomizers gets hot Tronic. Its not a problem, just the nature of the thin atomizers in general. By the way, congratulations for your purchase of Proteus!

steliosss

kindness always repays... be sure of that...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
Athens - Greece (GG land)
www.e-smokeguru.gr

Regards Michael

Btw, try one or two steps the temp down (10 or 20c) and you'll see huge difference :)

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
hello,
I don't get my proteus working. tried different recommended 14500 batteries (AWs an Efest), disassembled the mod and cleaned all contacts etc.

After installing the battery a GREEN light blinks 11 times followed by a longer BLUE light. So far so good.
After attaching an atomizer (tried different ones all with Ti Grade 1 coils at around 0.6 - 0.8 ohms) and pressing the button 5 times there is a BLUE light blinking 3 times followed by a GREEN light blinking 11 times followed by a longer BLUE light. thats all I can do with proteus so far.
any idea how i can fix it or what i am doing wrong?

Same effect here, PCB will go back to the vendor :cry:

BTW - Please correct the english manual - it says we should insert the battery with the negative side first! The german manual is correct though. :thumb:

ManniGfaltig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2011
Germany
wait :) Imeo, are you sure?
He has the blinks (the one w/o software did not do anything, did it?), and what he describes, it sounds exactly like what happened with mine when I got it.

I can't say exactly what I did, but disassembling it twice, taking out the battery many times and cursing a lot eventually helped:
Proteus official
Proteus official

Don't give up just yet. In some other post Imeo mentioned a "varnish" he put on that might prevent a good contact:
Proteus official

Good luck, rapha.

I already put different batteries, tried various settings of the adjustment bolt, dis- and reassembled the top cap but I didn't touch the PCB parts so far. Maybe cleaning the brass part of the PCB will do the job, I will check this before the part goes back.

SSG

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 25, 2011
Evans, GA
I have already correct it, thank you Manni!

Yes, please return it and ask for a new one. At least the good thing is that I now check all VIRs to be sure that are all of them programmed
That's good news Imeo. Were you able to check the ones going to FMS before shipment?

I know this is off topic, but I went to a vape shop on Hilton Head Island this last weekend. The owner had a custom mod made from two brass pipes screwed together. It was as big around as a 12 ounce Red Bull can, was at least 12 inches long, and weighed a couple of pounds. It was crazy, to say the least. I should have taken a picture.

Reactions: imeothanasis

Moonwalker

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2012
Belgrade, Serbia
I don't know if this was said somewhere on previous 102 pages but I can't go through all of them.

I read that no more Proteus will be made and also that the warranty on VIR is one year. So what I want to know is what will happen if VIR from some reason dies and more then a year passed from the moment it was bought? More precisely, would I be able to buy VIR itself as a spare part and is some stock planned for users who had bad luck?

It would be awful to get hooked on VIR and then not be able to buy new one or to wait couple of months to have it back again. :unsure:

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I already put different batteries, tried various settings of the adjustment bolt, dis- and reassembled the top cap but I didn't touch the PCB parts so far. Maybe cleaning the brass part of the PCB will do the job, I will check this before the part goes back.
dont do it Manni, its obvious that chip is unprogrammed.

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
That's good news Imeo. Were you able to check the ones going to FMS before shipment?

I know this is off topic, but I went to a vape shop on Hilton Head Island this last weekend. The owner had a custom mod made from two brass pipes screwed together. It was as big around as a 12 ounce Red Bull can, was at least 12 inches long, and weighed a couple of pounds. It was crazy, to say the least. I should have taken a picture.
they are all tested SS. After the first batch, all the rest are ok. People with problems are all from the first batch.

Reactions: SSG

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
I don't know if this was said somewhere on previous 102 pages but I can't go through all of them.

I read that no more Proteus will be made and also that the warranty on VIR is one year. So what I want to know is what will happen if VIR from some reason dies and more then a year passed from the moment it was bought? More precisely, would I be able to buy VIR itself as a spare part and is some stock planned for users who had bad luck?

It would be awful to get hooked on VIR and then not be able to buy new one or to wait couple of months to have it back again. :unsure:
of course you will be able to buy as many VIr as you like Moon. I have kept enough of them as back up. No worries at all about this

Sad Society

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 5, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
This really isn't a Proteus question and I would ask in the Penelope V4 Mini thread but the last post over there is over a year old. And I only use Penelope V4 on Proteus.
I was wondering when the Penelope V4 large airhole base will be in Stock again. I need a more airy V4.
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Reactions: imeothanasis

monkkx

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2013
paris, abu dhabi
This really isn't a Proteus question and I would ask in the Penelope V4 Mini thread but the last post over there is over a year old. And I only use Penelope V4 on Proteus.
I was wondering when the Penelope V4 large airhole base will be in Stock again. I need a more airy V4.
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Hi,
the large base hole do not change the tighness of the airflow, but prevent from the whistle noise only.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread