Status
Not open for further replies.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Some people think their "lifan" is just as good as a provari,even though they have never been within ten miles of a provari

And some people can't understand that while others may acknowledge provari quality and strong points, they have no desire for one because it doesn't fit what they want. The issue here though isn't really Provari but the Vamo and whether or not 37 cycles per second is sufficient.

GrimmTech

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
West Virginia
I still would hold it only shows up on a machine. The notion that the speeds involved are detectable with the senses is arbitrary @ best. I submit that the PWM rate of the Vamo gives better taste cause the higher PWM will be more apt to burn the juice. Same with the mech mod. Vamo wins.

So you think that hitting the juice on and off with short bursts and enough voltage to pop the coil is less likely to burn the juice than a constant steady lower voltage? Again it's not that the frequency is too low. It's that there is a 6v difference in the on and off cycle.

Also it's not about the vapor production or taste. When the vamo worked it produced good vapor and good flavor. I had no expectation of the prov doing anything better than the vamo other than lasting longer and firing every time I pushed the button. I have no reason to justify to myself or anyone why I spent the higher dollar amount on a PV. I like nice things and I wanted a good quality american made piece of kit. I was surprised by the vape on the prov. So much so I started reading and even performed my own test. The most surprising result to me wasnt the speed of the cycle. What surprised me the most was that the vamo produced the selected voltage my adjusting the duty cycle with a 0 and 6v pulses and gettng an average instead of actually putting out what was selected.

And again the best description I can give to explain is a bourbon example. You can drink old crow and makers mark. Both have a very similar flavor and both will get you drunk. However drinking makers mark is much more smooth.. Less harsh. These two batteries are similar at least on my smok 1.7 cartos. They both produce a similar flavor and supply nicotine getting the job done. The vape from the prov is smoother and less harsh. Only way I can explain. Im not bashing the vamo. Its a great device with good features for the money. It will produce clouds of vapor and get you all the nic you can stand. The QC sucks and its cheaply made. I went through two in two months. Thats just the way it is. I was tired of glitchy flaky problems. When i push the button I expect the coil to get hot and atomize. THe smoothness was just an added upexpected bonus.

Grimm

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
You do realize that it's all in your head of course? Despite regular reports of the ProVari tasting smoother from many ProVari owners, despite Oscilloscope readings, despite choirs of angels singing everytime a ProVari is vaped upon, people will still refuse to believe. They will never be convinced by words, and only possibly convinced by actually trying a ProVari. I think that instead of calling such people ProVari haters, we should only refer to them as the Lost.

...This will, of course, reinforce their belief that we are snobs, elitists, and cultish.:p

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
So you think that hitting the juice on and off with short bursts and enough voltage to pop the coil is less likely to burn the juice than a constant steady lower voltage? Again it's not that the frequency is too low. It's that there is a 6v difference in the on and off cycle.

Also it's not about the vapor production or taste. When the vamo worked it produced good vapor and good flavor. I had no expectation of the prov doing anything better than the vamo other than lasting longer and firing every time I pushed the button. I have no reason to justify to myself or anyone why I spent the higher dollar amount on a PV. I like nice things and I wanted a good quality american made piece of kit. I was surprised by the vape on the prov. So much so I started reading and even performed my own test. The most surprising result to me wasnt the speed of the cycle. What surprised me the most was that the vamo produced the selected voltage my adjusting the duty cycle with a 0 and 6v pulses and gettng an average instead of actually putting out what was selected.

And again the best description I can give to explain is a bourbon example. You can drink old crow and makers mark. Both have a very similar flavor and both will get you drunk. However drinking makers mark is much more smooth.. Less harsh. These two batteries are similar at least on my smok 1.7 cartos. They both produce a similar flavor and supply nicotine getting the job done. The vape from the prov is smoother and less harsh. Only way I can explain. Im not bashing the vamo. Its a great device with good features for the money. It will produce clouds of vapor and get you all the nic you can stand. The QC sucks and its cheaply made. I went through two in two months. Thats just the way it is. I was tired of glitchy flaky problems. When i push the button I expect the coil to get hot and atomize. THe smoothness was just an added upexpected bonus.

Grimm

While it may seem logical to you, it doesn't to me because: When using the same RBA on my Vamo or my Mechanical at the same voltage, there is no difference in sound, taste or smoothness. If using a provari could provide more smoothness then a vamo, then the mechanical should as well, as the mechanical is direct current and therefore if anything should be smoother than the provari.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
You do realize that it's all in your head of course? Despite regular reports of the ProVari tasting smoother from many ProVari owners, despite Oscilloscope readings, despite choirs of angels singing everytime a ProVari is vaped upon, people will still refuse to believe. They will never be convinced by words, and only possibly convinced by actually trying a ProVari. I think that instead of calling such people ProVari haters, we should only refer to them as the Lost.

...This will, of course, reinforce their belief that we are snobs, elitists, and cultish.:p

See above. Is there some reason that provari would provide a "smoother, better tasting" vape then a mechanical? If so, what would that be?

If not, since my mechanical doesn't provide a "smoother, better tasting" vape then my Vamo, I conclude that trying a provari to seek same is a waste of my time and money.

There are a lot of reasons to own a provari over a vamo, and you wont hear me dispute them or down play them. There are some reasons to buy a vamo over a provari. People have different likes and needs.

The ting I get tired of is all the disinformation being pushed in threads like this trying to justify it "tastes better" or is "smooth taste" than device x, or that using device x is like vaping "cold juice/burnt juice/burnt juice/ etc", or "raw steak/burnt steak" etc.

Then the comments of "well it is because you never tried a provari". That is just insulting. Using ridiculous arguments about why the device provides a better vape then when the argument is debunked, revert back to "you don't know cause you don't have one".

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Are you that out of touch with both RBAs and Vamos?

Not at all, I was just imagining a ZAP or a Cobra on top of a Vamo or even worse a Twist.

My apologies again, I'm guessing by your reaction that you dont use high-end RBA's either?

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Obvious troll is obvious

Yeah, Im a troll.

Im not the one trying to have a discussion about taste especially when yours is questionable to begin with.

Its alright, really, no need to get upset.Some people like pink flamingos, leopard prints, big-haired bubble-gum-chewing waitresses with blue eye shadow and black velvet Elvis pictures on the wall.

Its okay, we still love you man....but this isnt a conversation that were ever going to see eye-to-eye on. Some peoples tastes are just more refined than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread