Status
Not open for further replies.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
I'm saving this reply for posterity, just in case you wake up in the morning with less of a chip on your shoulder and decide to edit your post. :) vape some Pluid and chill out. It seems like your goal tonight is to get both this thread and the "haters" thread locked by mods before morning.

nope,,chip is still theree

waiting 2 months for my pluid,given up now

getting a provari thread closed is easier then you'd think,so no challenge there

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
I just vaped the worst clove juice on earth. does pluid have clove flavors in it? clove/liquorish?

Pluid is strongly flavored with anise. It was Mad Murdock's DIY Absinthe ejuice before there was a demand for it. There is no clove or liqueur taste to it. Most people say it tastes like a sweet black jelly belly. I feel that's a little too simplistic.

I've described it as eating a black jelly bean, taking a swig of Dr. Pepper and then eating an orange slice (candy). The aftertaste you would have in your mouth after all that, that is what pluid tastes like. (to me, anyways.) I think that 710 tastes like Cracker Jack, and most people think that it either tastes like maple syrup & tobacco, or peanuts, with several other mystery flavors that can almost be tasted. :)

Edit: 710 (or O!L as it's commonly known) is another of Mad Murdock's creations. One thing everyone agrees with, is that his flavors have more taste and flavor than anything else that's out there.

Last edited:

dam718

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 30, 2012
Hawaii
hope this isnt a dumb question but how does a kicked Mech Mod look when it is firing versus the prov and vamo?

A kicked mechanical has a flat DC output at whatever voltage it determines is correct based on the set power level. The Darwin and DNA-12/20 chipsets do as well. Evolv makes really good electronics packages

Vaptor

ECF Veteran
May 15, 2012
sydney
Even tho the Vamo pulses much slower, the pulses are still so fast that the coil can't cool down enough to make any real difference and the overall coil temperature will be comparable with faster pulsing Provari. Put a thermometer on the coil and see. We're talking about slow acting coil here, not a LED where you could see the flicker.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Even tho the Vamo pulses much slower, the pulses are still so fast that the coil can't cool down enough to make any real difference and the overall coil temperature will be comparable with faster pulsing Provari. Put a thermometer on the coil and see. We're talking about slow acting coil here, not a LED where you could see the flicker.

My taste buds say otherwise..... burnt juice for a millisecond.....cold juice for a millisecond...versus just right all the time.......I'll take the flatter and more accurate line.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
Just to follow up on that, electrically it might make sense but from a flavor standpoint it doesnt. That's like taking a bite of well-done steak and then a bite of rare steak to arrive at medium. It may be happening incredibly fast but the same principle applies.

This is hogwash.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
This is hogwash.

Your opinion.......go back and read the thread, evidently others can taste the difference as well.

Given the clear evidence and then having it explained in simplest terms, I think you're in denial.

Last edited:

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
If this working hypothesis is correct & a ProV gives better taste then a Vamo,then a mech mod will taste better then a ProV. Which means a mech mod is better then both ProV & Vamo. So for a complete flavor fest,one must use a mech mod. I think the diff is so miniscule it can't be detected in the real world between the 3 mods. I don't think my peach could taste(that my tongue could measure) anymore peachy then it does on the Vamo. It sure tastes peachy for me.

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
If this working hypothesis is correct & a ProV gives better taste then a Vamo,then a mech mod will taste better then a ProV. Which means a mech mod is better then both ProV & Vamo. So for a complete flavor fest,one must use a mech mod. I think the diff is so miniscule it can't be detected in the real world between the 3 mods. I don't think my peach could taste(that my tongue could measure) anymore peachy then it does on the Vamo. It sure tastes peachy for me.

Not true at all, the mechanical mod without voltage regulation is going to start out flat and decline as the day progresses and the battery gets weaker.

I recently won an extremely nice variable voltage box mod from Phiniac thats sitting in my dresser drawer unused. Why?

I'm definitely proud of winning it and would love to show it off as its absolutely gorgeous. Its sitting in my drawer unused because I can taste the difference in flavor between that and my Provari using the exact same juice and setup at the exact same voltage.

The juice in the VV box mod comes across with less flavor and is harsher, thats the only way I can describe it to you. Its just off.

Just because some cant taste the difference doesnt mean its not there.

I'm also very sensitive to metallic and plastic tastes so I prefer a Pyrex tank for truer flavor. You may not be able to tell the difference in any of those either but its definitely real.

Last edited:

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
I started a thread about tuning the coil with the sound of said coil. With a poorly wound coil I could hear crackling & popping (misses,if you will). When I got the coil just right, the sound is a low,steady hissing sound with no crackling or popping. The sound (& taste) have more to do with a properly wound coil then the mod. Also,I have never had juice shoot in my mouth from my Vamo. The coil would have to be very crappy for that to happen (nothing to do with cycling).

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
I would think that having only 37, on the off part the juice would cool the coil down if only minutely. It would have to.

Only 37? That is so fast it has to be measured by machine. So if this PWM diff affecting taste is correct, then again,the lowly mech mod is better then the vaunted ProV. I'm still curious how much more peachy can a peach taste? We need a machine to measure the taste of peaches.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
zapped:8796886 said:

Not true at all, the mechanical mod without voltage regulation is going to start out flat and decline as the day progresses and the battery gets weaker.

I recently won an extremely nice variable voltage box mod from Phiniac thats sitting in my dresser drawer unused. Why?

I'm definitely proud of winning it and would love to show it off as its absolutely gorgeous. Its sitting in my drawer unused because I can taste the difference in flavor between that and my Provari using the exact same juice and setup at the exact same voltage.

The juice in the VV box mod comes across with less flavor and is harsher, thats the only way I can describe it to you. Its just off.

Just because some cant taste the difference doesnt mean its not there.

I'm also very sensitive to metallic and plastic tastes so I prefer a Pyrex tank for truer flavor. You may not be able to tell the difference in any of those either but its definitely real.

Zapped,

maybe your brain is telling you there is a difference that isn't really there.

I don't mean that to be offensive or anything. there has been a lot of research regarding how expectations influences perception. expecting something to taste better often results in the experience of truly better taste.

The brain is amazing.

My personality is that of a sceptic, such that I don't expect a difference so that may influence my perception.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
budynbuick:8797102 said:
I would think that having only 37, on the off part the juice would cool the coil down if only minutely. It would have to.

Only 37? That is so fast it has to be measured by machine. So if this PWM diff affecting taste is correct, then again,the lowly mech mod is better then the vaunted ProV. I'm still curious how much more peachy can a peach taste? We need a machine to measure the taste of peaches.

I haven't noticed any difference when using my vamo or my full mech legacy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread