Provari on an Oscope vs Vamo

Status
Not open for further replies.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
It's slippery, I don't like the fire button, it's too long, and I don't feel it provides the same vape as I get from my ProV's.

maybe you have 'clammy hammies'. What did that button ever do to you? A button is a button (you push it). I heard yesterday the ProV fires when one uses the menu. I mean, what is that about? The Vamo is a long sucker LOL. If my DAD were alive, I bet he could beat up your DAD. My dog is also bigger then yours & I am cuter. If you could hear me saying this you would know I'm being silly. All in good fun.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
How about we just agree to disagree on that issue and drop it. I can taste the difference, you can't hear the difference, and any further discussion on this line of reasoning will probably end with one of us permanently ignoring the other.
PeaceOut-8601.jpg

Leave the ball,please?

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Just wondering what would be said if the vamo ran at 800 and ProVari 37? Hmmmm, just a thought. Would 37 be enough for a ProVari? Questions to ponder.

I still would hold it only shows up on a machine. The notion that the speeds involved are detectable with the senses is arbitrary @ best. I submit that the PWM rate of the Vamo gives better taste cause the higher PWM will be more apt to burn the juice. Same with the mech mod. Vamo wins.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
Just to follow up on that, electrically it might make sense but from a flavor standpoint it doesnt. That's like taking a bite of well-done steak and then a bite of rare steak to arrive at medium. It may be happening incredibly fast but the same principle applies.

That's a goodin. That settles it. Case closed.

budynbuick

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 18, 2012
michigan
@ budynbuck - 4690 avoided in 67 days? 3 1/2 PAD?!? 8-o Vaping has to be cheaper. Congrats! Good on ya bro.

LOL Thanks. Sometimes 4pad. For the last 5 yr or so I was a chain smoker. I rolled my own with a machine so cost was cheaper then vaping. I got about 4 crt a bag with papers cost was about $35 a month. savings had nothing to do with quitting. I was just so tired of it. Been 2 mo now & I don't miss them things at all. I love vaping & the interesting conversation that goes with it lol. Oh BTW, the Vamo vapes better then a ProV.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
the original lavatube clones vape better than the vamo. I like them a lot better than the provari and the vamo. the original lavatube clones are kind-of the king of variable voltage e-cigarettes. They just make juice taste fantastic. I feel sorry for vamo and provari owners. I think most of the veterans here will agree the lavatube clones out vape most devices. you just cant find a more quality vape.

Last edited:

Day

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Raleigh, NC
Hilarious thread, some of you guys must have super senses or something. 37 times a second is like.... so fast. I have no dog in the fight but I'm calling BS on telling the difference between 37 times a second and 800 times a second. I quite simply refuse to believe anyone can tell the difference in the end game of heating up the same coil. Ain't buying it.

denali_41

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2011
Over Der
Downright child like.

are kidding me ?? that was over two weeks ago !! who's really being the childish one here

the original lavatube clones vape better than the vamo. I like them a lot better than the provari and the vamo. the original lavatube clones are kind-of the king of variable voltage e-cigarettes. They just make juice taste fantastic. I feel sorry for vamo and provari owners. I think most of the veterans here will agree the lavatube clones out vape most devices. you just cant find a more quality vape.

i had both !! and both were crappy to say the least

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Hilarious thread, some of you guys must have super senses or something. 37 times a second is like.... so fast. I have no dog in the fight but I'm calling BS on telling the difference between 37 times a second and 800 times a second. I quite simply refuse to believe anyone can tell the difference in the end game of heating up the same coil. Ain't buying it.

Try em both side by side yourself. There is a difference in taste. I dont know why you find that hard to believe considering how many different shades of color the human eye can pick out.

I honestly dont understand why people are getting their panties in a twist anyway. For the money a Vamo is a good PV but doesnt perform on par with a Provari, at a 40 dollar price point it shouldnt either.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
No one has their panties in a twist. Yes the eye can see many shades of grey, but I bet it can't single out 37 shades in a second.

And eye sensitivity and even tastebud sensitivity has nothing to do with how 28 kanthal reacts to voltage pulses (37 cycles means 74 points in between the high and the low every second as well).

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
So...if you put an LED on a Vamo you get a nice strobe light effect. If you listen to it you can hear the cycles, but you can't taste any difference? Why would your taste buds be any less sensitive than your other senses? 6 volts is 6 volts, period.

I get a decent vape from a Vamo, but it's not as smooth tasting as my ProVari.

You can't taste the difference, fine. It's a well established fact that some people have less taste buds than others, perhaps you are one of them.

junkman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2012
Louisville
So...if you put an LED on a Vamo you get a nice strobe light effect. If you listen to it you can hear the cycles, but you can't taste any difference? Why would your taste buds be any less sensitive than your other senses? 6 volts is 6 volts, period.

I get a decent vape from a Vamo, but it's not as smooth tasting as my ProVari.

You can't taste the difference, fine. It's a well established fact that some people have less taste buds than others, perhaps you are one of them.

If that is true, then I guess an led reacts much quicker than coil wire.

All senses are different. You can't say because one perceives something, another one would. That is why we have 5 senses instead of one.

You can not hear the cycles on my set up, so that is moot.

I find no difference in vape on my mech and vamo at the same voltage.

It is well established fact that some people don't set up their coils right, and it is established fact that people's expectation of a thing can influence their perception of the thing.

Perhaps you are one of those people.

PLANofMAN

Signature Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2012
Woodburn, OR
If that is true, then I guess an led reacts much quicker than coil wire.

All senses are different. You can't say because one perceives something, another one would. That is why we have 5 senses instead of one.

You can not hear the cycles on my set up, so that is moot.

I find no difference in vape on my mech and vamo at the same voltage.

It is well established fact that some people don't set up their coils right, and it is established fact that people's expectation of a thing can influence their perception of the thing.

Perhaps you are one of those people.
I was responding to Day, not you, but if the shoe fits...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread