Provari V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I just want to start this thread off by saying I did a basic search and didn't find a similar thread. Also, from what I can tell on the Provape website, they are currently on V2.5 but I'm not sure how it differs from previous releases. Here's the deal: I would LOVE to get a Provari in the very near future but I'm hesitant because I have a creeping feeling that a new version is imminent. Despite the obviously amazing performance of the Provari, I'm turned off by the crude user interface and lack of variable wattage. It seems to me that it would serve Provape well to release a new version with a completely overhauled user interface in the near future, as they are quickly making themselves look outdated (IMO) by not offering VW and/or a more elegant menu system. So do you think a new, overhauled Provari will be released any time soon? Do you think it's necessary? Do you think I should wait?

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
One more question for current Provari owners: Would you feel alienated and/or MAD by the release of a new, more fully featured Provari? Because if I had spent that kind of money and a better version of released, I would be fuming! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Why do you feel an update isn't necessary and won't happen any time soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

qorax

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 6, 2013
Brampton, Canada
www.facebook.com
I just want to start this thread off by saying I did a basic search and didn't find a similar thread. Also, from what I can tell on the Provape website, they are currently on V2.5 but I'm not sure how it differs from previous releases. Here's the deal: I would LOVE to get a Provari in the very near future but I'm hesitant because I have a creeping feeling that a new version is imminent. Despite the obviously amazing performance of the Provari, I'm turned off by the crude user interface and lack of variable wattage. It seems to me that it would serve Provape well to release a new version with a completely overhauled user interface in the near future, as they are quickly making themselves look outdated (IMO) by not offering VW and/or a more elegant menu system. So do you think a new, overhauled Provari will be released any time soon? Do you think it's necessary? Do you think I should wait?

For one, this kind of queries/posts erupt every 3-4 months. Since the Provari was launched. Seems to be a quarterly feature!

For two, Provari is a class by itself. It doesn't follow - but leads. It's built this way 'by choice' - not 'chance' ~designed to outperform!

For three, it's dependability comes from that design - that UI. Simple, yet elegant. Power/s with consistency! There's a trust in your vape thingy here!

For four, OLED/AMOLED, extra buttons, VW... Nice. But all could 'add' into the complexity of the scene. Additional source/s for failure. How many times have you noticed a Provari fail? And how many of our brothers in uniform do you think carry a Vamoish device in Afghanistan? It's ruggedness comes from its design!

For five, Provari hasn't anytime yet hinted at a change. And it might not in the near future as well - b'coz it is the Apple of Vaping! Though there's a Tinysoft - yet it outsells most of the time - b'coz of it's feature, power and foolproofing punch!

I'd say, "Go Get It, NOW"!

Cob24

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2013
A place some call paradise
I think when they went from the original to version 2.0 they offered an upgrade to v2 from te original. I'm not 100% on that but I could swear I saw it in a price listing. Maybe they'd do that for a v3 if it comes out.
Mine works great and I wouldn't be happy without it. Anything that they change couldn't improve the functionality that much and the flavor is still going to be the same, right?

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
There is an updated ProVari in the works.
That is all-

THIS is what I was looking for. I'm not sure how you even know that (or if I am being trolled) but just the simple fact that you've said it has caused me to put off buying a Provari for now. Although if it doesn't happen within a year or so, I'm going to cave and get one of the V2.5's. For now I have 5 solid APVs that seem to be working just fine so I won't have to suffer much. Thanks!

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
One more question for current Provari owners: Would you feel alienated and/or MAD by the release of a new, more fully featured Provari? Because if I had spent that kind of money and a better version of released, I would be fuming! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Why do you feel an update isn't necessary and won't happen any time soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not at all. The current features are plenty enough for me. The consistency makes VW a completely moot point. I have no issues with the menu system as is (although I did kind of wonder before I bought one). I can't imagine any feature they could add that would make me upset with my current pair of 2.5's. If I needed another & they came out with an updated version: VW, I'd buy it & likely never use it; more buttons, I'd look for another 2.5; new menu, depends on what they did but again, I can't imagine any feature the could add that I would desire.

Edit: The only difference between the 2 & 2.5 is the design... I do like the 2.5 better, but even a new design wouldn't upset me or make me buy a new one. There's plenty of collectors out there who would, which is cool, I'm just not that motivated.

Last edited:

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
For one, this kind of queries/posts erupt every 3-4 months. Since the Provari was launched. Seems to be a quarterly feature!

For two, Provari is a class by itself. It doesn't follow - but leads. It's built this way 'by choice' - not 'chance' ~designed to outperform!

For three, it's dependability comes from that design - that UI. Simple, yet elegant. Power/s with consistency! There's a trust in your vape thingy here!

For four, OLED/AMOLED, extra buttons, VW... Nice. But all could 'add' into the complexity of the scene. Additional source/s for failure. How many times have you noticed a Provari fail? And how many of our brothers in uniform do you think carry a Vamoish device in Afghanistan? It's ruggedness comes from its design!

For five, Provari hasn't anytime yet hinted at a change. And it might not in the near future as well - b'coz it is the Apple of Vaping! Though there's a Tinysoft - yet it outsells most of the time - b'coz of it's feature, power and foolproofing punch!

I'd say, "Go Get It, NOW"!

Thanks for the reply, I want address your points though as I have some issues with each of them.

1. I do apologize for bringing up something that seems to be a "quarterly feature", but there may be new information available now that wasn't available the last time this topic came up, and I did do a search for a similar topic with no luck (granted, I am still NEW to these forums).

2. This particular point looks to be more of an advertisement. I already understand the fact that the Provari is great at what it does. I do not see the Provari as "leading" by offering a bare bones user interface and lack of VW.

3. Once again, I already understand the fact that the Provari is GREAT at what it does, this is why I am looking into purchasing one.

4. This is the point I had the biggest issue with. By this logic, a brand new luxury car should not have cruise control, heated seats, top of the line sound system, etc. because they are just "additional sources for failure". You clearly have a lot of confidence in Provape, and I'm not faulting you for that. But if they make such high quality products, shouldn't they be able to implement something as simple as VW and do it in such a way that it is not considered a failure risk?

5. They may be the apple of vaping, but once again they are sorely lacking some features that IMO are necessary in a top-shelf device.

Please don't take this post as disrespect, I'm simply trying to have a healthy debate.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
4. This is the point I had the biggest issue with. By this logic, a brand new luxury car should not have cruise control, heated seats, top of the line sound system, etc. because they are just "additional sources for failure". You clearly have a lot of confidence in Provape, and I'm not faulting you for that. But if they make such high quality products, shouldn't they be able to implement something as simple as VW and do it in such a way that it is not considered a failure risk?

The Provari isn't the 'Luxury Car' of mods. I've never understood the car analogies as much as they're used all over these forums. If I were to go with one, it would be with someone who compared it to a milspec Humvee. I would go a completely different route though, it's the Winchester, it's the Colt, it's the revolver, the repeating rifle. They were all revolutionary in their time, a century ago. They really haven't changed since, even though competitors continue to add bells & whistles, yet they still stand the mark of time in their effectiveness, simplicity & beauty. They've never changed, because they didn't have to. They're still considered a high end product, to this day, even without extra features that really weren't necessary.

If you want VW & a different menu, that's cool. There's plenty of other options out there for that. ProVape hasn't seen a need for that as of yet, I'm doubting they will. Since the Provari was introduced other mods have come & gone, other mods have added features, bells, whistles, but ProVape hasn't... and it's still one of the highest selling mods out there. It speaks for itself.

If you like the Provari, get one. If you want/like something else, get that instead. There's plenty of options on the current market that should satisfy almost anyone's desires, preferences and/or wants.

Last edited:

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
You are talking about a battery for an atomizer, not a tablet or a cellphone, where advances make a huge difference in what you see, how long it takes to see it, and what you can do on it. You don't WANT gadgets, you want to vape comfortably, reliably, conveniently and well.

The Provari does that. I have a couple of VW devices (MPV2, VTR, VV V3) and if they are indicative of VW and it's abilities, all I want is the Provari's VV and will never need VW for anything... because it doesn't do anything better.

This is like saying.. I need a screwdriver. Instead of buying the easiest to use and convenient screwdriver, I want a screwdriver with knife, corkscrew, bottle opener, etc on it. Um... you NEED a screwdriver, not those other things. Why would you buy a screwdriver with all that stuff on it if all you need is a screwdriver? Does a solid screwdriver work better with all that junk on it? No, it usually works worse. The Provari is simple, functional, durable and good looking. Why do you need more junk?

That said, I like variety too, so I have other batteries, and are getting more batteries. I still like the Provari the best, the reason is because it's just a screwdriver, and because it's just a screwdriver, it is the best thing to use for screws. If I could have ONE battery, it would be the Provari.

Paul.K

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 27, 2013
California
@VapoJoe86, For every single reason you stated I did not buy my Provari. Instead I bought something else that had VW and all the bells and whistles. That mod was shelved within 2 months for the lack of performance and overall satisfaction of my vaping experience. It's your call man, get what you want but if you keep waiting and waiting for the next best thing that's one more day you are not enjoying it.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I do not understand the need of Provari owners to justify the lack of VW (other than the fact that you dropped something like $200 and have developed a downright defensive brand loyalty). I understand that it works fine without VW, but the fact that people actually seem to PRAISE the fact that it lacks this simple feature completely baffles me. Variable wattage is simply more convenient than variable voltage. I build my own coils, and I like to know that I can simply set the wattage and know that it will give me the same performance as the last coil I built which may have been 0.2 Oms higher or lower. Without it, I have to know the resistance and calculate in my head what voltage setting should be "about right" and I have to do that every time I put a new coil on. I'm not saying that this would be horrible, just less convenient. I don't see how you can deny that fact. I'm definitely bumping this topic when Provape releases a new Provari with VW capabilities...

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...

I hope not. Fancy menus which drain the battery, have reliability issues and are not easy to read don't appeal to me. Neither does VW- I know how to vape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread