Status
Not open for further replies.

CrimsonJack

Ursus Praedonum
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2013
The Vobbit Hole
I actually have one of those and it vapes quite nicely, but it doesn't fit very well on anything. I got it for Bobo, but the the bottom is too long for Bobo's drip well and there's no air flow. I got a 510 to eGo adaptor, but then it sits up too high. It seems to be made for an eGo. I finally came up with a couple of ways I could use it, but it looks ridiculous. Vapes quite well though.

It actually might not look terrible on one of these: Groove II

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
Didn't I just read somewhere that brass has lead in it that can leech out and give you brain damage?

Depends on the brass but you could in theory get heavy metal poisoning. No, not the chick in the bikini from the cartoon.

I surely would not buy any chinese atomizer with brass-juice contact. Not really well known for their product safety.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
I supposed if you feel asleep a a pond a leech could somehow get in your brain, but it would take some work. I think there's a better chance you would drown first.

LOL! I don't think so... here's the wiki on brass:
Brass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

To enhance the machinability of brass, lead is often added in concentrations of around 2%. Since lead has a lower melting point than the other constituents of the brass, it tends to migrate towards the grain boundaries in the form of globules as it cools from casting. The pattern the globules form on the surface of the brass increases the available lead surface area which in turn affects the degree of leaching. In addition, cutting operations can smear the lead globules over the surface. These effects can lead to significant lead leaching from brasses of comparatively low lead content.[8]

Silicon is an alternative to lead; however, when silicon is used in a brass alloy, the scrap must never be mixed with leaded brass scrap because of contamination and safety problems.[9]

In October 1999 the California State Attorney General sued 13 key manufacturers and distributors over lead content. In laboratory tests, state researchers found the average brass key, new or old, exceeded the California Proposition 65 limits by an average factor of 19, assuming handling twice a day.[10] In April 2001 manufacturers agreed to reduce lead content to 1.5%, or face a requirement to warn consumers about lead content. Keys plated with other metals are not affected by the settlement, and may continue to use brass alloys with higher percentage of lead content.[11][12]

Now if the State of California actually sued manufacturers and distributors over it, AND WON, this is not a surmise. Because California CANNOT sue Chinese manufacturers, who blithely continue to make things the easiest way... which above states includes adding lead.

Last I checked, brass in Chinese parts are not manufactured in the USA, where CALIFORNIA won a suit (which would presumably only apply to manufacturers and distributors in California, and not the other 49 states). If lead is the usual component, you bet its in there.

Whether that is SUFFICIENT lead to cause lead poisoning is what we don't know...

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
The Tumblers are very cute... but they are plastic, and you're stuck with those heads... Hrm. But you can match the yellow maybe...

I dunno, I'm sure we'll see what people come up with for it. I could probably make a short stocky yellow tank, but I am not into the box mod phase yet. I'm still finishing up my round mod phase. LOL!

But it's a cube - think about trying to hold it in your hand. It looks like it would be quite awkward.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
LOL! I don't think so... here's the wiki on brass:
Brass - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Now if the State of California actually sued manufacturers and distributors over it, AND WON, this is not a surmise. Because California CANNOT sue Chinese manufacturers, who blithely continue to make things the easiest way... which above states includes adding lead.

Last I checked, brass in Chinese parts are not manufactured in the USA, where CALIFORNIA won a suit (which would presumably only apply to manufacturers and distributors in California, and not the other 49 states). If lead is the usual component, you bet its in there.

Whether that is SUFFICIENT lead to cause lead poisoning is what we don't know...

Ummm...this is a leech.
220px-Svømmende_blodigle.JPG

I believe you mean leach.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
But it's a cube - think about trying to hold it in your hand. It looks like it would be quite awkward.

It's not exactly a cube, it's a very nice shape... but I think it's like the Bobo... absolutely beautiful by itself, but very very difficult to match with 'standard' fittings.

The problem isn't that you can't make something that looks amazing on top. the problem is that there's no way to get caps for the ends of them. A square carto tank is quite simple to make, but I would have no way of getting a sealable top for it, and you can't use silicone grommets for a square shape.

meanckz

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Greer, SC
www.facebook.com
I just want to start this thread off by saying I did a basic search and didn't find a similar thread. Also, from what I can tell on the Provape website, they are currently on V2.5 but I'm not sure how it differs from previous releases. Here's the deal: I would LOVE to get a Provari in the very near future but I'm hesitant because I have a creeping feeling that a new version is imminent. Despite the obviously amazing performance of the Provari, I'm turned off by the crude user interface and lack of variable wattage. It seems to me that it would serve Provape well to release a new version with a completely overhauled user interface in the near future, as they are quickly making themselves look outdated (IMO) by not offering VW and/or a more elegant menu system. So do you think a new, overhauled Provari will be released any time soon? Do you think it's necessary? Do you think I should wait?

did you ever make a decision?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread