Provari V3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Why do you need to know all that stuff? Why can't you just screw your atomizer in and if it tastes bad, change the VV til it tastes good, which might take you a whole 30 secs of checking?

Yeah, I don't get it. If it isn't quite there, turn it up. If is burnt, turn it down. I vape by taste, not charts.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
I hope not. Fancy menus which drain the battery, have reliability issues and are not easy to read don't appeal to me. Neither does VW- I know how to vape.

I just wanted to point out that this sounds like my dad when smartphones first came out. Why would he need all those extra features he said, "After all, I know how to make a phone call". All jokes aside, are you implying that somebody who prefers VW to VV does not know how to vape? That would be incredibly close minded of you. I've already pointed out why VW is more convenient for people who rebuild their own coils, and I'm pretty sure that if you know how to rebuild your own coils then you most likely know how to vape.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
I just wanted to point out that this sounds like my dad when smartphones first came out. Why would he need all those extra features he said, "After all, I know how to make a phone call". All jokes aside, are you implying that somebody who prefers VW to VV does not know how to vape? That would be incredibly close minded of you. I've already pointed out why VW is more convenient for people who rebuild their own coils, and I'm pretty sure that if you know how to rebuild your own coils then you most likely know how to vape.

If one can't figure out how to adjust power to resistance and viscosity, they may well need VW- even if they can build a coil.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
One more question for current Provari owners: Would you feel alienated and/or MAD by the release of a new, more fully featured Provari? Because if I had spent that kind of money and a better version of released, I would be fuming! That's what I'm trying to avoid. Why do you feel an update isn't necessary and won't happen any time soon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Current ProVari (2.5) owners are still buying the first version (2.0) as well so I don't think they're mad.

VapoJoe86

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2012
Indiana
No, it's been made very clear that if you prefer VW, there's plenty of other options out there for you. If you don't like the Provari, it's much wiser to go get the unit that has the features you're looking for instead of complaining that another one doesn't.

I just want to be clear that I didn't start this thread to complain about the Provari not having VW capabilities. I started this thread because I actually WANT a Provari and was simply curious as to whether or not anyone knew of an impending new version release with VW capabilities, which seems like an obvious progression to me. I never imagined I would have to defend VW as a viable feature.

Ozwald

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 12, 2013
Montana
Yeah, I don't get it. If it isn't quite there, turn it up. If is burnt, turn it down. I vape by taste, not charts.

You ever notice that you take the same liquid in the same tank which is obviously the same viscosity, that it tastes better at 3.9v when you wake up, but you like to adjust it up a tenth at a time in the afternoon & turn it back down in the evening?

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
You ever notice that you take the same liquid in the same tank which is obviously the same viscosity, that it tastes better at 3.9v when you wake up, but you like to adjust it up a tenth at a time in the afternoon & turn it back down in the evening?

Yes, not only do my preferences change throughout the day, so does temperature, barometric pressure, level in the tank, how long the wick has been in use... Set it and forget it VW was a marketing gimmick to justify a $75 price tag on a poorly made, disposable, made in China PV.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com

No, it's not like your dad and smartphones. A battery is a BATTERY that powers ONE THING, it needs to be DURABLE and RELIABLE, so you can spend more time messing with the complicated thing you want it to power.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Yes on most devices I found that it was more convenient to have VW then VV. The only reason being is when the device turned off VV reset, I can fine tune better on VV then VW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm not sure from your last 2 sentences if you're talking about the ProVari but when you change it's battery, nothing resets.

glassgal

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 7, 2013
Central Florida
www.azenglass.com
Current ProVari (2.5) owners are still buying the first version (2.0) as well so I don't think they're mad.

I did just that. I thought the 2.0 full size looked better than the 2.5 new model full size, so I bought the old one.

Sort of like... I'd rather have a yard sale rusty old hammer that was made when steel was really good stuff any day of the week over a generic new mystery metal hammer at Home Depot.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I understand, there IS a bit of a defensive response - it's cause people who do like ProVaris get attacked for it!

Anyway - I MIGHT be a little bummed if a v3 came out, as I've got my second V2.5 coming Monday.
I might not - depends on the changes.

And regarding VW - that's not one that would bum me out.
I still like and use a VAMO and an SVD in addition to my ProVari. And while they're both VW devices, I've got them both on VV right now. I will admit, partly that's because it's a 1-click finer adjustment, where up/down takes more clicks with the ProVari to go through the menu...but it's also true that with the ProVari, you adjust less frequently, becuase the voltage delivery is more consistent.

Bottom line - I like it enuf that I bought another one within a month.
:)

Now if V3 came with a color-matched ring for the top taper, I'd want that...

I do not understand the need of Provari owners to justify the lack of VW (other than the fact that you dropped something like $200 and have developed a downright defensive brand loyalty). I understand that it works fine without VW, but the fact that people actually seem to PRAISE the fact that it lacks this simple feature completely baffles me. Variable wattage is simply more convenient than variable voltage. I build my own coils, and I like to know that I can simply set the wattage and know that it will give me the same performance as the last coil I built which may have been 0.2 Oms higher or lower. Without it, I have to know the resistance and calculate in my head what voltage setting should be "about right" and I have to do that every time I put a new coil on. I'm not saying that this would be horrible, just less convenient. I don't see how you can deny that fact. I'm definitely bumping this topic when Provape releases a new Provari with VW capabilities...

Chimney34

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 1, 2012
Winston-Salem, North Carolina
Hey there. I highly doubt you will see a vw Provari in the near future. A couple of months ago Provape all but made this statement in a vaping magazine...can't remember what it's called. As someone else said when a new version comes out they normally offer an upgrade for about $25 bucks. I won't beat you up for wanting vw because that's your personal choice & we're all entitled to whatever we choose. However I will say that I've had VW before and everything took a back seat once I purchased my first Provari. Since that time I've also gathered a collection of mechanicals as well. Although they are in my daily rotation my Provari's still see more action than anything else. I'll just say that I build my own coils as well on RBA's, RDA's, & now my Russian 91%. I own 2 Provari's (soon to be 3). One is a V2 & the other is V2.5. I'm completely happy with mines...which I'm sure is obvious since I'm buying a 3rd.

Good luck with your decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread