Provari vs eGo Twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gordong11

ECF Veteran
May 24, 2012
Delray Beach, FL (SE FL)
This argument is a bit crazy, Ego twist is a nice mod but can't compare to a Provari. The bottom line is that eGo die, Provari's don't, yes there are excptions. I personally have had 2 Ego's fizzle out on me (in 3 months of vaping)because the connection leaks juice inside onto the battery as the seal disintegrates over time. If they would address this issue the Twist would be a great value. As it stands be ready to shell out money for a new mod every couple of months, unless vigilant in care.

added: If you are not a dripper(using cartos/clearos that don't leak), the eGo Twist is an attractive mod, if you are a dripper or want to try it, stay away.

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
cozzicon,

I got your joke (which was all punch line and no set up), but you were so deadpan in delivery that it took me a minute or two before I realized that you were joking.

Wow. You people just haven't been on the internet long enough. There was nothing deadpan about that delivery.

(not deadpan, but also completely serious)

(no really…not kidding)

SeaBrz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2009
Florida
I have not read through all of the past 29 pages of this thread, but I just wanted to say that I love my Twists as much as I love my Provari.

The Twists go with me while running around on local errands, attending social events, going to the dog park or farmer's market, etc. My Provari is my ROCK back at home and, since I work from home full-time, my usual go-to PV. There is a place for BOTH PVs and I will always have both fully charged and loaded.

:2c:

thinkingaboutit

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2012
mn
I have not read through all of the past 29 pages of this thread, but I just wanted to say that I love my Twists as much as I love my Provari.

The Twists go with me while running around on local errands, attending social events, going to the dog park or farmer's market, etc. My Provari is my ROCK back at home and, since I work from home full-time, my usual go-to PV. There is a place for BOTH PVs and I will always have both fully charged and loaded.

:2c:

My provari goes with me everywhere...but I can see wanting the smaller size. The provari in my pocket makes chicks think I am happy to see them. A twist wouldn't be as impressive.

webb

ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
East Coast
As mentioned by others, it's comparing 2 different things, that can't really be compared. It's like comparing a nokia to an i-phone. Sure, the nokia is solid as a rock and can make phone calls just like any other phone, but the i-phone has all the bells and whistles. Or a 50 cal muzzle loader to a 30-30. A chihuahua and a german sheppard. TV dinners to all you can eat steak and shimp. Mad Dog 20-20 to smirnoff ice. A wife and a mistress....ok, I should stop there....

Wife = Kia
Mistress = Ferrari :laugh:

DedTV

ECF Veteran
Feb 8, 2012
Arkansas
A Provari is better than a twist for the same reason an Mac is better than a PC, A&F is better than Walmart, Cartier is better Kay's, BMW is better than Ford, etc... etc.. etc...

But if you just want to check your email, not be naked, get laid, go from point A to point B or adjust your PV voltage, then the only difference is how much you pay.
But the people who paid a whole lot more for their item are going to be quick to tell you it's way better than the cheaper thing they could have bought that does the same thing.

I owned a Provari because I wanted a Provari. I gave it away because I didn't like the menu system. I replaced my Provari with a Lavatube.
Yeah, the LT doesn't feel as sturdy as a Provari. But then again, a Provari doesn't feel as sturdy as a bar of steel and I can get a bar of steel for a lot less than a Provari too.
As far as vaping goes, the LT vapes just as well as the Provari at the same voltage and I'd bet the Twist vapes just as well as either of them (although with a shorter battery life as there's no 2000+mah Twist to rival an 18650). And that's what a PV is for.

But I might get another Provari at some point (especially if they ever put one out that uses the Evolv electronics) because they look really nice in the newer matte black with Blue LEDs and screen (only silver with red LEDS was available when I bought mine). But I'm under no illusions as to what I'll be paying the premium for; Status (I can afford $200 for a PV!!) and appearance. That's what you get with a Provari. If you don't care about that, a Twist is just fine.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
As far as vaping goes, the LT vapes just as well as the Provari at the same voltage and I'd bet the Twist vapes just as well as either of them (although with a shorter battery life as there's no 2000+mah Twist to rival an 18650). And that's what a PV is for.

The Twist is great - up to 4.8 with certain cartos but the amp limit restricts the carto ohmage you can use.

I definitely cant agree on your remark about the Lavatube being as good though - voltage on the V1 is unstable and drops considerably depending on the state of the battery, it also has 2.5 amp limit.

The V2 Young June uses unfiltered PWM so the voltage levels displayed are just wrong altogether, it also has a lower amp limit.

AnsonJames

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 23, 2011
IRELAND
Yeah…but that limit is around 1.8 to 2 ohms. Perfectly usable.

Not if you want 2ohm at 5volts, or if you want an accurate measurement of the resistance of the carto, longer battery life and the ability to see your batteries remaining voltage.

The Twist gets you to a certain point, if you want more features then you buy a Provari or a similar device.

It's up to you and your budget ultimately.

Last edited:

Orobas

Equine Disrespect
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 3, 2012
Jarhead City
2re1gyq.jpg

Naaah', i've yet to see a heated, fists thrown down' thread in the ECF, and i've been here for more than a year, this place is amazing, everybody is soo freakin nice, i've never seen a place where everyone is soo happy all the time, love it....either that, or i subconciously dont go into 'serious heavy duty' threads. heheh.

You'd think it would be the opposite, with everyone in here quitting smoking, you'd think there would be 'verbal fist fights' all over the place, ...but nothing'....this just affirms, that vaping is not only working, but an absolute blast'.

man, i remember going into some ps3 threads, and dam, i was like' get me outta here', while ducking left and right'..

:thumb: last thing I want to do is offend anyone. :) We all know how discussions can sometimes get heated here. :ohmy:

That is so true, I was actually meaning to say that myself at one point while reading posts here for hours in evenings. I belong to other forums where people get so hostile of others with less knowledge and seem to just post to get others approval on what they own and what they know (or think they know). It's all about sharing information and personal experience here on an adult level and at times humorous which I enjoy. All fun intended:)

dragonbone

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 21, 2009
Somewhere
I belong to other forums where people get so hostile of others with less knowledge and seem to just post to get others approval on what they own and what they know (or think they know). It's all about sharing information and personal experience here on an adult level and at times humorous which I enjoy. All fun intended:)
The difference between this forum and many others are the amount of hard working moderators working the threads 24/7. There is a very clear, 'take no nonsense' policy here and there are clear rules. So.... weirdos, bullies, shills, know-it-alls and just plain rude or nasy people get dealt with in a fast and efficient manner. They either get a warning, infraction, suspension, or immediate ban.

That is what makes this forum pleasant - the fuzz :p lol

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
Why do Provari haters always bring up the menu system? I don't even have my Provari yet and I've only watched one video review where the menu system was demonstrated and I already have it down pat in my head perfectly.

I think some folks find the Provaris price offensive and want to justify disliking it with mediocre reasoning like the menu system. People don't understand that provape takes every bit of the their pvs machinery into account as far longevity of the device. I like the one button system not only is it more aesthetically pleasing but having multiple buttons is just more buttons that could break or go loose when dropped.

In my opinion nagging about the menu system as a justifiable reason to write of owning the pv is about as logical as the few folks who were complaining that the button isn't clicky. Which is another thing provape took into consideration. Click buttons have a dramatically shorter life than simple push buttons. I loved click buttons before I even knew what ohms were but after seeing someone vape a Provari next to a lavatube, click buttons look tacky and cheap to me like a childs fake cellphone of some sort.

I am sounding like a Provari apologetic I know, but seriously people, I understand the Provari menu system being irritating to the over 70's vapers but anyone without Alzheimers can figure it out easily.

Ps. Why do people keep comparing the Provari to apple products? Android products have way more features. The Provari is an android. ;)

I digress, isn't this a twist vs Provari thread?

Provari=A phenomenal apv for more seasoned vapers

Twists= A phenomenal pv for beginners stepping into VV.

I own two twists and fell in love when I got my twist starter kit. But once my Provari mini is in my hand the twists will be respectively back-ups and won't see the light of day.

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Why do Provari haters always bring up the menu system? I don't even have my Provari yet and I've only watched one video review where the menu system was demonstrated and I already have it down pat in my head perfectly.

I railed on it because I really think there should be a better way to do it. I had it down after the first video I watched too, and there was literally zero adjustment when I used one……I knew how to do it.

Now, I own a Provari, and I'm really happy with it. My Twists are collecting dust unless I want to have >1 flavor in easy grabbing range. But I still think there should be a better way to do it. There just doesn't seem to be anything–right now–that actually competes with the Provari for what I wanted that has a better interface.

It's good enough, but it'll show up in the classifieds when I find something better.

SethGrimm

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2012
Jacksonville Florida
I railed on it because I really think there should be a better way to do it. I had it down after the first video I watched too, and there was literally zero adjustment when I used one……I knew how to do it.

Now, I own a Provari, and I'm really happy with it. My Twists are collecting dust unless I want to have >1 flavor in easy grabbing range. But I still think there should be a better way to do it. There just doesn't seem to be anything–right now–that actually competes with the Provari for what I wanted that has a better interface.

It's good enough, but it'll show up in the classifieds when I find something better.

I understand others don't like it. It's up to personal opinion. I just don't understand folks who claim they just won't get one or they "gave theirs away". That's silly. Regardless of if I dislike a apvs menu system I won't write off the whole device.

I personally will stick with my Provari forever. My only idea of a "better interface" is only if it has a touch screen or voice commands. Lol I refuse to get another apv if it's a three button design. For me having to do a few more button presses of work won't bother me because I know what ohms I like and what voltage I like so I really won't be changing it 24/7. To each their own. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread