Status
Not open for further replies.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
Whatever keeps you from lighting up is good, the rest is just detail$.

Fixed it fer ya!
toothy.gif

My quick 2 cents. (I've been vaping on both devices all day) I love both of these pv's. The reason I went with a ProVari over other vv mods, is because it doesn't depend on pulse width modulation to average a certain voltage (which is what a lot of VV devices use these days.) If you set it to 3.9, you are going to be vaping at 3.9v. If you set the twist to 3.9(ish) you will be vaping around 3.6(ish).

Bottom line though, and this is said over and over and will never get old to me. "Whatever pv keeps you from the cigs, is the best pv in the world." So if the eGo Twist is doin it for you, don't worry about anything else. :)

klynnn

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 20, 2012
prattville
From where I am in my vaping journey, the twist supplies all my needs. It is going to die one day but by then who knows what will be out there. I like having the ability to try the latest and greatest without spending a fortune. I personally think it will eventually come down in price. At the moment the big deal is bragging that you have one!

b3ast1e

ECF Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
UK South Coast
It all just comes down to good old economics. I've just got hold of a chrome LT, it's the 3.2amp one with the single click resistance and voltage check on it, whatever you guys call that, the UK vendor's calling it a v2.1 (1.5t?)and so far it rocks.I worry about it's durability and I certainly would hate for it to get much more than a gentle bump, the fire button doesn't instill a huge amount of confidence, but it still feels pretty good to use - it gets me to that place I want to be.

But the way I see it, at the price I paid, I can buy a whole load of other shiny stuff that I'm always lusting after. Unless the cost of a Provari suddenly becomes entirely trivial to me (and more to the point my wife), I'll probably never own one, too many other priorities.

For all the people I see who are absolute Provari fans, an awful lot of them seem to rave while quietly sticking them on the classies to fund their GGTS's or whatever other blinged out, limited edition, hand built thing they happen to be eyeing up - they hold their value after all. And a fair few of them seem to have LTs or Twists to fall back on while they get on the end of that waiting line. That implies that in the end it's all about the VV, not necessarily how tricked out it is.

Last edited:

tearose50

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2011
Tennessee :-)
Provari looks better with a JB or Phiniac or RBA tank on it. Twist looks better with a stardust/vision/crystal on it.

:p

I love some of the answers above, btw.....the car comparisons are fun.

:2c: The Twist is new -- and is promising to be a winner. Though it's not talked about much, many have carried ego's either for back up or other reasons out and about. I believe the Twist will take over that job. Now, when they make it with a usb charging port, it will be even better.:) And, there very well be more ego's sold than mini's these days. The Format is has been very very popular and the Twist is the obvious upgrade.

The Provari has been available for over a year and 1/2 and has a large following. Now we are talking APV's/Mods. I believe it is one of the best APV's made. To me it's more like the Volvo. Sturdy, strong, dependable---with a built in multimeter:). Will it go out of style? Maybe.....technology can always be improved and does so rapidly. Would I sell my Provari to buy a few Twists. No Way!

I think there is room for both in anyone's arsenal.

Last edited:

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
For me, a Provari or any other larger tube mod is not practical for when I'm outside of my house compared to the Ego Twist. That being said, the Ego style batteries have much shorter life and take forever to charge while you can just swap out batteries in a tube or box mod. Each style pv has their own place in the world of vaping. Isn't it great to have choices everyone?

TracyCK

Jul 10, 2012
Kent, UK
I use both all day long. Twists with slim tanks or sometimes visions and my Mini with RTA or vivinova or larger tank. The meter on the provari is invaluable for testing homemade coils and it's consistency is second to none in performance but I always have a couple of twists on the go also - I like to have a variety of flavours on the go... Lol

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
This from Provape Provari V2 FAQ's

Does the ProVari use PWM? (pulse-width modulation)

Yes, the ProVari is using PWM technology

That's the first I've heard that one. I don't see it on Provape's site either. If true though, it's funny. It would mean that the voltage measurements on the Provari are just as approximate as the ones on the Vmax.

Methodman

Jul 1, 2012
Toledo
With all the awesome devices around, I've finally settled for vape quality. I sometimes drip on a low res atomizer, I sometimes use a Bolt with a 18650 and 1.25 ohm DC carto, I sometimes vape a Roughstack at 5v with a 1.5 DC carto, at times Im in the mood to use my Kgo with a 1.7 ohm ressurector. All awesome vapes, I'm sure I get some Provari quality vaping in there somewhere.

The Doctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
Barrie, ON
That's the first I've heard that one. I don't see it on Provape's site either. If true though, it's funny. It would mean that the voltage measurements on the Provari are just as approximate as the ones on the Vmax.

Yes, provari uses pwm, the difference is the accuracy of the pulses. With pulse width modulation, as the name implies, you get rapid "pulses" of power coming from the regulator, at the "start" (not always the VERY beginning) of a pulse you get a slight "surge" or peak of power. Provaris manage to keep this to a minimum, so you get a more consistent vape and more accurate read outs from the display/setting.

Mods like the vmax have erratic sized "peaks". So what you're set at, and what you're actually vaping at are not the same thing, variances from peak to peak are all over the place, so you get hard hits but not controlled hits. Provaris have stable peaks, so your readout is what you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Flyer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2012
Illinois

Got to Provape.com, select the Provari V2, scroll down to the FAQ link. You'll see it there. I don't make this stuff up :)

Last edited:

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC
Got to Provape.com, select the Provari V2, scroll down to the FAQ link. You'll see it there. I don't make this stuff up :)

I didn't mean to imply I didn't believe you. I did go find it though. :) So, the Provari's voltage readings are just averages and not a true representation. That's funny!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread