Provari vs eGo Twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
There are arguments pro and con for just about any product. We all have our favorites.

Specs and pictures are here for anyone doing research. I like using the "Browse by Features" option to narrow the search. I can list 18650 mods or variable voltage mods, etc. Warranty information is shown on each entry.
Best e-Cig Mod List | e-Cig Mods Database

Last edited:

The Doctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
Barrie, ON
The point is, a provari will make your boy parts bigger, your lady parts firmer, increase your IQ to over 9000 and boost your sex appeal to nigh unresistable.

Scientists are working on a paper that will prove that the provari can cure cancer and fix the hole in the ozone layer, while still delivering a perfect vape. Can an ego do any of that? Can a vmax? No.

I just saw a post on Chuck Norris' twitter feed that said that he tried to roundhouse kick a provari this morning and he couldn't because he was in awe of its sheer perfection.

End thread.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I finally got one, had i got one a year and a half ago, i would have saved myself alot of GRIEF and way more money than 6 provari's. I dont have enough hands and fingers to tell you how many crapppy mods and sticks i bought til the Provari.

I do know one thing, someone who can compare a Vmax to a Provari and seriously think a Vmax is better, has never owned a Provari.
Thats like saying, "I prefer a knockoff over the real thing"....which is exactly what the vmax is, it was built as a Provari knockoff. China isnt stupid, they know all about the Provari, and have been trying to emulate it for years..their first attempt i believe was the lavatube, than a lambo...etc..
Not saying i would never buy a Vmax, being that its supposedly a really GOOD knock off. why not?
People wear fake diamond rings, because they dont want to take their real one out of the safety deposit box'.
But dont compare the two, like there is actually a competition here'...geezus....

Doubt theres any reason to compare the twist to provari loool.
Theres just too many differences to compare the two, and they both have their places.
Myself, cant afford a provari .. I use a vv box mod cheapo.

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
I finally got one, had i got one a year and a half ago, i would have saved myself alot of GRIEF and way more money than 6 provari's. I dont have enough hands and fingers to tell you how many crapppy mods and sticks i bought til the Provari.

I do know one thing, someone who can compare a Vmax to a Provari and seriously think a Vmax is better, has never owned a Provari.
Thats like saying, "I prefer a knockoff over the real thing"....which is exactly what the vmax is, it was built as a Provari knockoff. China isnt stupid, they know all about the Provari, and have been trying to emulate it for years..their first attempt i believe was the lavatube, than a lambo...etc..
Not saying i would never buy a Vmax, being that its supposedly a really GOOD knock off. why not?
People wear fake diamond rings, because they dont want to take their real one out of the safety deposit box'.
But dont compare the two, like there is actually a competition here'...geezus....

Myself and many other people say the VMax is better than a Provari because it's $100 cheaper, has a 5 amp limit compared to the Provari's 3.5, it will last way longer between battery charges...and it hits way harder because it uses step down PWM not weak boost circuitry like the Provari has. The only thing the Provari has that might be a little better is the build quality, but they have a stainless steel V2 VMax now so that really dosen't matter. If that's not enough evidence to confirm it's better I don't know what is. Just like the Kgo is raved to be better than a genuine Joyetech eGo...just another case of a knock off being made better.

The Doctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2012
Barrie, ON
How about the fact that the vmax doesn't do pwm as accurately as the provari, lacks display options, lacks display accuracy, and is cast, where the provari is tooled.

Watch any reviews on the vmax where an oscilloscope is used. That should put the vmax vs provari debate to rest

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
How about the fact that the vmax doesn't do pwm as accurately as the provari, lacks display options, lacks display accuracy, and is cast, where the provari is tooled.

Watch any reviews on the vmax where an oscilloscope is used. That should put the vmax vs provari debate to rest

Maybe with the verson 1 Vmax...I get it though, all the Provari owners paid such a ridiculous price for it when people say the VMax is better, it hurts.

I'll quit now and let this thread get back on topic though. It's just been so good to me for the past 4 months can't help but to bost it.

PaulieD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2012
Beach
Myself and many other people say the VMax is better than a Provari because it's $100 cheaper, has a 5 amp limit compared to the Provari's 3.5, it will last way longer between battery charges...and it hits way harder because it uses step down PWM not weak boost circuitry like the Provari has. The only thing the Provari has that might be a little better is the build quality, but they have a stainless steel V2 VMax now so that really dosen't matter. If that's not enough evidence to confirm it's better I don't know what is. Just like the Kgo is raved to be better than a genuine Joyetech eGo...just another case of a knock off being made better.

I have had 2 Provari's....before the V-Max. They were great and well made. I sold them and now have 2 V-Maxes, the V2 is great and well made and much much more cost efficient than the Provari. That is why they have gained so much in popularity and sometimes hard to find in stock at many places. The masses like them and buy them....simple.

Modnar

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 27, 2012
Denmark
www.octopusecig.com
I have had 2 Provari's....before the V-Max. They were great and well made. I sold them and now have 2 V-Maxes, the V2 is great and well made and much much more cost efficient than the Provari. That is why they have gained so much in popularity and sometimes hard to find in stock at many places. The masses like them and buy them....simple.

And you can get 3 Vmax's for the price of 1 Provari.

(Provari is way overpriced here in Europe compared to the US)

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
I can't speak for other provari owners, but here's the thing with me, i've dropped this provari so many times, i cant even count, out of my car onto cement twice, off my table at least 15 times, and upside down onto the cement two times while cleaning the garage'....not a single scratch on it yet.....i am clumsy, thus i'm glad i have a provari, because something tells me the vmax would have bit the dust' by now.

however, i totally would buy a vmax for a second mod, i HAVE read the threads on vmax, and i'd rather a vmax than a stick for a secondary'...and i did say that in my previous thread.

Okay, i too, will let this thread go back to its origins, which was the Twist vs Provari...not the Vmax vs Provari.....did i mention i like the pretty colors on the Twist?.

Last edited:

SpringzVz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 3, 2012
Colorado Springz, CO
I think it's more about practicality... Ego is practical, affordable, scalable, and has toned down up features like VV now. For a practical vaper with the need to turn it up every now and again it works fine.
Overall I have this theory when it relates to EGO vs High end VV... No matter where you dial in with either device it is really the carto/atty/cart/tank/clearo capability ceiling that determines the mass effect of the vapor... If your working with LR you peak the performance around 4V (or you burn up too fast for the liquid feed) turning up the R to SR or higher just means you have to turn up the V but IMO that doesnt mean necessarily you are going to make leaps and bound of improvement in vapor production... Higher V doesnt mean LOTS more vapor in the same classes of devices using the same vapor cart (o) clearo etc.
I feel if you find a device that has the personal appeal that satisfies you and you pair it with the right carto etc to match V with R you will peak the device capability. In over two years I haven't needed over 1100 mah at 3-4V to do that:)
JUST MO:) I do love to dream of a safe reliable Mod 3000 mah + cloud making machine but how am I going to explain that when i get caught with it in my office LOL....

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Uh oh'....even I would get a Vmax before a LavaTube, you should see my LT, the top came off after two months, i had to crazy glue it back on', then the inside part with the wires came up, and i had to crazy glue that part back in..and even after alllll that'....the effin thing misfired constantly.....don't do it buddy....mine is being used as a paper weight' now...
Bout to pull the trigger on a lavatube .. Eat my dust ego and vv box mod!!

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Uh oh'....even I would get a Vmax before a LavaTube, you should see my LT, the top came off after two months, i had to crazy glue it back on', then the inside part with the wires came up, and i had to crazy glue that part back in..and even after alllll that'....the effin thing misfired constantly.....don't do it buddy....mine is being used as a paper weight' now...

Yeah the LT was a failed attempt at making something like the Vmax :)

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
I don't wish to offend anybody, but I keep hearing "knock-off" and "lack of display options" about the Vmax and it is unsettling at best.

Please educate me on what display options the ProVari has that the Vmax V2 doesn't?

Knock-off, really?

Big Game - Vapers Forum

Look familiar? Note the date. Yes the Vmax probably by no coincidence has a similar body and LED Menu to the ProVari..but those are the only similarities. The guts are completely different. You never hear PVari fans say, "No doubt, the ProVari body is a knock off the Big Game or Unisex by POC".

I own both and I don't kid myself, if the day ever comes and I have a broken button, connector, or switch on my ProVari I can send it back and have it repaired, not so with the Vmax.

My apologies to the OP for straying OT.

It was mentioned earlier about the proprietary battery vs. non-proprietary battery when comparing the Twist to the ProVari. It went on further to mention the Twist was $25-30 to replace while batteries for the ProVari run $7-8.00.

I use 18650 2000 mAh batts for my ProVari, with shipping they run about $11.00 a piece and I always buy 2 every 2 months. So even if you were to replace a Twist every 3 months....the fact is the cost is about the same.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread