Provari vs eGo Twist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taniger1

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2011
Pasco, Washington
I like different juices. They vape differently. For instance, my MAIN vape is a VERY heavy chocolate (shiver you chocolate lovers cause I have FOUND the recipe for ME) and I like my chocolate HOT, then when I want something lighter, I vape fruit, watermelon, grape, berry mix which really does NOT do well at higher voltages!

I LIKE the look of my Phiniac tank on my Provari. I LIKE the Vivi Nova on my Buzz. When I go out though? IT's the Mini Reo. You can't kill the little bugger and I do occasionally like a straight up Cisco 306LR Atty (1.5 for those interested). So....apples and oranges? Maybe but certainly vapeing preferences!!!

In the end, I dont' think anyway is wrong. Maybe it's wrong for you, but it's not wrong for me :0). Maybe it's wrong for me and just HEAVAN for you :) it's all good!

Jonner

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2010
Pennsylvania
For all of those saying that the Twist's voltage isn't accurate, I disagree. If I set it to 4.2, it will read 4.2 on a meter, same at any other setting, it's accurate. The lines indicating voltage are a pain to see though. Anyway, I've had 2 provari minis, and at the current time, I have 3 twists. They're both great mods and they both have their place. You can't go wrong with either IMHO.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
For all of those saying that the Twist's voltage isn't accurate, I disagree. If I set it to 4.2, it will read 4.2 on a meter, same at any other setting, it's accurate. The lines indicating voltage are a pain to see though. Anyway, I've had 2 provari minis, and at the current time, I have 3 twists. They're both great mods and they both have their place. You can't go wrong with either IMHO.
Wait, what?

There are lines on this thing?
All I can see is the 4.8 / 4.0 / 3.2 setting marks.

And that is only in very good lighting.
And when the stars are aligned with the planet Jupiter.

Do I finally need glasses?

MickeyRat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2011
Hickory, NC

I'll never understand why the voltage matters at all. It's all about the taste. However, as I understand it, if you put to low a resistance on a twist and set the voltage high enough that it can't handle the amps, it's fire with the voltage it can deliver. So, if the amp limit is 2.5A and you put a 1.5 ohm DC on it, you can crank it to 4.8V but, it's going to deliver 3.75V. That's the most it can do.

iamtumus

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2012
New Haven, Connecticut
i bought a provari because i'm rough on devices and i'm sick of ordering a new one each month, so i was told the provari will stand up to my tests.
if it doesn't, i'll probably continue buying ego v6's whenever they break. hits better than a twist imo and looks prettier, as well as being barely more expensive and having replaceable batts

Pappy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 15, 2012
Dallas, Tx
a one bedroom apartment to a 4 bedroom house...on the ocean, with a hottub, pool, and can also check resistance of your carto..

Some people would argue that it's more about the love making that goes on in the bedroom rather than the setting in which it occurs. If the s-e-x is the same in either setting, some people are happy enough with the 1 bedroom apartment. :)

grandmato5

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2010
WNY
Wait, what?

There are lines on this thing?
All I can see is the 4.8 / 4.0 / 3.2 setting marks.

And that is only in very good lighting.
And when the stars are aligned with the planet Jupiter.

Do I finally need glasses?

Just so ya know, ya might want to either go get your glasses immediately or wait until after school starts as they are usually really busy with all the kids that need their glasses for school :D :lol:

I've tried a Provari and its a great APV if you want all the bells and whistles. I think its great to finally have a descent vv option in a small form factor like the Ego. Its not often, but there are times I'd prefer not to use my large APV's and now I can have my vv in the form of an Ego :) (as long as I have my glasses on so I can see the settings :D )

Last edited:

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Oh my gaaa , seriously? the Vmax puts the Provari to shame?...hahahahahah....oh man'..hahahahah......oh my stomach.....please stop..your killing me'.....hahahahahaha.....
Imo the VMax puts both of these to shame and many many others will agree with me...just check out the VMax thread.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
On a more serious note, can anyone tell me what a tank/dcc vapes like on a Twist?
I have a kgo still, but the vape is pretty weak with said tank/dcc combo. Very curious on the Twists, because they are so damm cute and love the different colors, and would love something lighter for when i'm out of the house.

Jixchel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 10, 2012
Indiana
On a more serious note, can anyone tell me what a tank/dcc vapes like on a Twist?
I have a kgo still, but the vape is pretty weak with said tank/dcc combo. Very curious on the Twists, because they are so damm cute and love the different colors, and would love something lighter for when i'm out of the house.

LR and SR cartos work best on the twist and kgo/ego devices, single coil cartos. Dual coil cartos drain the twist and kgo/ego batteries quickly imo, and use up the juice faster than a single coil based upon my use of them on the twist and an ego battery. I've never had anything more powerful like a provari so I cannot verify how they work on that device. My advice for better performance on your tank would be single coil xl cartos like the resurrector.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
What do you use with your twist if you have one Flyer?, i'd love a carto that actually matched the battery, but big enough to handle a few hours vaping. Thanks btw.
The Stardust/Vision/Clearomizer/CE4s are really nice looking on a Twist.
And I've heard good things about them too.

I don't use them, because I just drip.
But I think they look really sharp and I was tempted.
:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread