Status
Not open for further replies.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
A complete KNOCK OFF', but a very good one. Everything is a knockoff of something else, nothing to be offended or defensive about. If it works, and its cheaper, and does everything a more expensive one does, why not go for it. From what I hear, the Vmax is very good.
I just handle my stuff roughly, so i'm cautious about buying one , only for that reason'. I'd rather buy another Provari, if and when i rob another bank'...heheh

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have both a Twist and Provari. I love the Twist, handy light weight, just grab and go, but it is not a Provari :) Provari is very consistent and just out performs a Twist, altho the Twist is a great device, just not the same. There is more oumph with the Provari. Batts also last longer. My best vape is the Provari, second the Twist, 3rd VV ego, etc on down the line. Fixed voltage being the non adjustable of course, is the most limited for me. bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I have had 2 Provari's....before the V-Max. They were great and well made. I sold them and now have 2 V-Maxes, the V2 is great and well made and much much more cost efficient than the Provari. That is why they have gained so much in popularity and sometimes hard to find in stock at many places. The masses like them and buy them....simple.

Does the V max use stacked batts? Thanks, bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
On a more serious note, can anyone tell me what a tank/dcc vapes like on a Twist?
I have a kgo still, but the vape is pretty weak with said tank/dcc combo. Very curious on the Twists, because they are so damm cute and love the different colors, and would love something lighter for when i'm out of the house.

I have lots of tanks and I use them on the Twist all the time, my tanks have Boge SR cartos in then. bnrk

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 6, 2011
Somewhere out there
I use both all day long. Twists with slim tanks or sometimes visions and my Mini with RTA or vivinova or larger tank. The meter on the provari is invaluable for testing homemade coils and it's consistency is second to none in performance but I always have a couple of twists on the go also - I like to have a variety of flavours on the go... Lol

I am the same, if I don't want to fiddle with replaceable batts, I grab the Twist, if I want my best vape I grap the Porvari, if Twist is charging I use my VV ego's while replaceble batts are also charging, variety is the spice of life :) bnrk

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Speaking of questions, i have one as well, Can you use all types of 18650 batts on a Vmax? flat tops as well?

It uses 2 18350 batteries...IMR being the best for it. They charge in half the time of 18650s and last longer in the Vmax because it's PWM is so efficient. Instead of taking a 3.7 volt (4.2 volts fully charged) battery and boosting it, it takes 2 batts (8.4 volts) and steps down the voltage to what you select wich makes the Vmax hit harder than the Provari or any device that boosts one battery because it's not trying to create voltage that's not there to begin with and yes you can use any type of 18350 if you desire.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Thanks Optimo, so your saying they dont take one battery/18650?, bummer, i have soo many 18650 imr's over here.

It uses 2 18350 batteries...IMR being the best for it. They charge in half the time of 18650s and last longer in the Vmax because it's PWM is so efficient. Instead of taking a 3.7 volt (4.2 volts fully charged) battery and boosting it, it takes 2 batts (8.4 volts) and steps down the voltage to what you select wich makes the Vmax hit harder than the Provari or any device that boosts one battery because it's not trying to create voltage that's not there to begin with and yes you can use any type of 18350 if you desire.

SnowDragon

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Boise, Idaho
nothing to be offended or defensive about

:thumb: last thing I want to do is offend anyone. :) We all know how discussions can sometimes get heated here. :ohmy:

Interesting vid on PWM...

The Science of Vaping: Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) - YouTube

That's correct , they don't take 18650s and never will given the switch technology. As mentioned the ProVari uses a boost circuit and I would guess that the Twist does as well. While the Vmax uses PWM to step down the voltage.

ProVari.....Single Battery....4.2v with a boost
Vmax.......Two Batteries....8.4v with a step down or PWM
Twist........Single Battery...4.2v with a boost (Proprietary)

Last edited:

Optimo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2011
Virginia
Thanks Optimo, so your saying they dont take one battery/18650?, bummer, i have soo many 18650 imr's over here.

Np, yeah it won't work with a 18650. This being the reason why people get ...... when it's said to be a Provari knockoff because what's under the hood is totally different in many ways. The tube style might be similar but all tubes are simply that...a tube.

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
Naaah', i've yet to see a heated, fists thrown down' thread in the ECF, and i've been here for more than a year, this place is amazing, everybody is soo freakin nice, i've never seen a place where everyone is soo happy all the time, love it....either that, or i subconciously dont go into 'serious heavy duty' threads. heheh.

You'd think it would be the opposite, with everyone in here quitting smoking, you'd think there would be 'verbal fist fights' all over the place, ...but nothing'....this just affirms, that vaping is not only working, but an absolute blast'.

man, i remember going into some ps3 threads, and dam, i was like' get me outta here', while ducking left and right'..

:thumb: last thing I want to do is offend anyone. :) We all know how discussions can sometimes get heated here. :ohmy:

Ctor

static void Main()
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2012
New Jersey
Your watch analogy brummyjon was a good one! My Provari just has the look and feel of quality. It certainly has some nice features and it's extremely reliable! Another good analogy would be a BMW vs a Toyota! What car is better? Well I suppose it depends on your needs! The Toyota is arguably more reliable and less expensive to operate. A BMW looks better, handles better, and provides more status!

Your analogy reminds me of a car I bought back in 1986. One of "the" cars to have at the time was the Porche 911. Expensive, gorgeous, and emininety impractical for the sales job I had at the time, and I couldn't (or wouldn't want to) drive in everywhere. I did spend alot of time in NYC, Yeah, I wanted one, but I wound up buying a Mazda RX7. It had a nice sized hatchback to fit lots of stuff, cornered like it was on rails, had decent power, and I would drive it anywhere. And I could get just as many speeding tickets in that as the guy in the 911 :). Sure, there were cars like the camry around, but I wanted something with more performance.

Skip to today, and to me, the provari is the 911. How many users don't take theirs everywhere, and have a smaller or more practical PV for on the go? The RX7 is the twist. Affordable, has performance that exceeds most other PVs in it's price range, and you can take it just about anywhere. The variable voltage gives most people more than enough performance for their vaping needs. I personally haven't run into a situation where I wish it had more power.

And you can burn your juice almost as efficiently on the twist as you can on the Provari ;),

VAPNJ350

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2011
Jacksonville,FL.
I finally got one, had i got one a year and a half ago, i would have saved myself alot of GRIEF and way more money than 6 provari's. I dont have enough hands and fingers to tell you how many crapppy mods and sticks i bought til the Provari.

I do know one thing, someone who can compare a Vmax to a Provari and seriously think a Vmax is better, has never owned a Provari.
Thats like saying, "I prefer a knockoff over the real thing"....which is exactly what the vmax is, it was built as a Provari knockoff. China isnt stupid, they know all about the Provari, and have been trying to emulate it for years..their first attempt i believe was the lavatube, than a lambo...etc..
Not saying i would never buy a Vmax, being that its supposedly a really GOOD knock off. why not?
People wear fake diamond rings, because they dont want to take their real one out of the safety deposit box'.
But dont compare the two, like there is actually a competition here'...geezus....

This is where I have to chime in. I actually own 2 Provari's , V1..and the V2. I also own the 1st VMAX made (slick bodied chrome with blue led (my avatar) ) and 1 black and now a Stainless steel. The Provari was my go to for many many months. I had a Darwin shortly before I got my V2 then sold it for $175 in near mint condition.(it's just Fugly) And I know all of you are about to go straight for my jugler after saying this but I can only say I've been in the Electrical Engineering feild for most of my adult life and you really can't compare the 2 side by side. Much like putting the Provari and the twist side by side....really folks...really ....a twist to a Provari. C'mon. That being said, same goes for the VMAX and the Provari. ""IF"" the VMAX was boosted circuitry and used a single battery then I would say absolutely...but thats simply NOT THE CASE HERE. I've tested the Provari V1 & V2 .....and All the VMAX's I have on my LeCroy 312-A 100mHz Wavejet Oscilloscope multiple times and I happy and a tad sad to say the VMAX does put out more power....it just does, this scope doesn't lie, it doesn't fudge the numbers or munipulate the circuitry it simply measures what's input into it. BUT the VMAX is Stacked battery setup that regulates down with PWM. Ofcourse it's going to be more powerful. It has 8.4 max Voltage to work with. Thats plenty of power to spare even when it's set to it's highest 6v setting. The Provari, as awesome and consistent as it is, has to take 3.7v, 4.2v at best and boost that up to 6v. Listen I have a deep love for the Provari, but my go to PV now is the VMAX, hands down. When and if you get 1 you'll then know why. OK let the blistering commence. Just remember...I'm neutral here...lol
Take care everyone, and please enjoy whatever pv keeps you off analogs, that's the real important thing here....right?

Last edited:

meeems

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 4, 2011
Wisconsin
No blistering whatsoever over here', you have more knowledge about the Vmax than i do, i have none. but how is the toughness' of it? thats what i want to know. can it be dropped alot? lol.

I think i'm going to go do some utube'ing on the vmax, you guys are starting to convince me big time'..

This is where I have to chime in. I actually own 2 Provari's , V1..and the V2. I also own the 1st VMAX made (slick bodied chrome with blue led (my avatar) ) and 1 black and now a Stainless steel. The Provari was my go to for many many months. I had a Darwin shortly before I got my V2 then sold it for $175 in near mint condition.(it's just Fugly) And I know all of you are about to go straight for my jugler after saying this but I can only say I've been in the Electrical Engineering feild for most of my adult life and you really can't compare the 2 side by side. Much like putting the Provari and the twist side by side....really folks...really ....a twist to a Provari. C'mon. That being said, same goes for the VMAX and the Provari. ""IF"" the VMAX was boosted circuitry and used a single battery then I would say absolutely...but thats simply NOT THE CASE HERE. I've tested the Provari V1 & V2 .....and All the VMAX's I have on my LeCroy 312-A 100mHz Wavejet Oscilloscope multiple times and I happy and a tad sad to say the VMAX does put out more power....it just does, this scope doesn't lie, it doesn't fudge the numbers or munipulate the circuitry it simply measures what input to it. BUT the VMAX is Stacked battery setup that regulates down with PWM. Ofcourse it's going to be more powerful. It has 8.4 max Voltage to work with. Thats plenty of power to spare even when it's set to it's highest 6v setting. The Provari, as awesome and consistent as it is, has to take 3.7v, 4.2v at best and boost that up to 6v. Listen I have a deep love for the Provari, but my go to PV now is the VMAX, hands down. When and if you get 1 you'll then know why. OK let the blistering commence. Just remember...I'm neutral here...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread